No More Mc Donals toys !

Zork V

Consumer group targets McDonald's Happy Meal toys

"Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:45pm EDTLOS ANGELES/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A U.S. consumer group wants McDonald's Corp to stop using Happy Meal toys to lure children into its restaurants and has threatened to sue if the world's biggest hamburger chain does not comply within 30 days."

Is this the beginning of the the end for Geocaching?

Is this the beginning of the the end for Geocaching?

Sorry if I am being stupid - but where is the connection between McDonald's toys and the end of Geocaching...? I don't get it :P

In the beginning there was caches, but they were emtpy but for a Logbook and pencil. and Jeremy saw this and was sad. So it came to pass that adding a few Mc Donalds toys made it all the more enjoyable for the finders, like the kids.

Here endith the lesson. :D:D

A U.S. consumer group wants McDonald's Corp to stop using Happy Meal toys to lure children into its restaurants and has threatened to sue if the world's biggest hamburger chain does not comply within 30 days."

I wonder if McDonald's is shaking with fear over this?

You know, I don't think I would know a happy meal toy if I saw one. I've never bought a happy meal. Do they really make you happy, or is this just an evil ploy to lure helpless children into McDonald's clutches?

A U.S. consumer group wants McDonald's Corp to stop using Happy Meal toys to lure children into its restaurants and has threatened to sue if the world's biggest hamburger chain does not comply within 30 days."

I wonder if McDonald's is shaking with fear over this?

You know, I don't think I would know a happy meal toy if I saw one. I've never bought a happy meal. Do they really make you happy, or is this just an evil ploy to lure helpless children into McDonald's clutches?

it is just a ploy. it is all a lie... in order to get your children to eat their meal (which is not happy) but does contain a pair of drugs... one for addiction to ensure multiple visits....and the other.... a mind control agent which takes hold after consuming 5 meals (which are not happy).

after years of dosing in these meals (which are not happy), these children grow up and blame everyone else for their problems. they make bad choices like running up large amounts of consumer debt....and place micro caches where a nice large ammo box should be... and an ammo box where a micro should be.

:D Oh No, How tragic! Now my kid won't have anything to cut his teeth on. Even worst, the dog won't have new to chew-toy either. I quess, both of them will just have to fight over the doggie biscuits as usual.

:D I'm going to miss that occasional crunching noise in the wee hours of the next morning, when I'm going down the stair to breakfast. I can't image having to find a cache without my favorite rotting and grungy McD and BK toys?

:P I wonder if all of the McD and BK toys will become collector's items and be sold on eBay? Maybe I should immediately run out to all my caches and quickly gather them up before somebody else snags them.

Edited by Fledermaus

:D I'm going to miss that occasional crunching noise in the wee hours of the next morning, when I'm going down the stair to breakfast. I can't image having to find a cache without my favorite rotting and grungy McD and BK toys?

sorry, this is only targeting McD toys. BK toys are safe.

:P I wonder if all of the McD and BK toys will become collector's items and be sold on eBay? Maybe I should immediately run out to all my caches and quickly gather them up before somebody else snags them.

crazy middle aged women will be swarming caches everywhere.... make sure to devalue the toy by tearing the tag off. that should keep them at bay for a while. :D

Edited by BulldogBlitz

Targeting only McD toys and not BK toys could be construed as discrimination. I smell another lawsuit, but mine is still at the cleaners. And, please send those middle-aged ladies my way, but not their hubbies, for I'm single and in need of the personal attention, i.e. cooking, cleaning and the occasional snuggling.

Targeting only McD toys and not BK toys could be construed as discrimination. I smell another lawsuit, but mine is still at the cleaners. And, please send those middle-aged ladies my way, but not their hubbies, for I'm single and in need of the personal attention, i.e. cooking, cleaning and the occasional snuggling.

sorry... the kinds that would be heading your way are only interested in your McD toys and Beanie babies... and if you have a bedazzler...

:P

I'd be surprised if it was even the end of toys in happy meals.

They will take the toy out of the box and charge the same amount for a :huh: Happy Meal :anicute: They will then sell the toy separate and the kids will whine, the parents will fold. It is a win-win for McD's

I think I am going to institute a lawsuit to prevent activist groups from bogging down the legal system with silly lawsuits.

The lawyers would take your case and make sure it lasts long enough to buy a couple of BMW's.