So you just won a trip....

An all expense paid trip to go caching anywhere you want, where would you go?

I would like to go and drive around Nevada or other desert area to find caches for a couple weeks or Norway for a month or two.

wow, endless places.

most certainly I would want to go west. Washington State, Oregon. (never been to either) I would guess the desert areas would be fun too.

Also, Maine, Vermont, and Virginia.

as far as overseas...

Australia for sure. Ireland also.

but that is not to leave out any other places. I would take an all expense paid trip to [i]almost[/i] anywhere right about now.

All the usual places: Blackpool in July to watch the World Matchplay darts tournament; Scotland to see the standing stones of Islay; old heretic castles in Southern France; the pyramids in Egypt and Guatemala; a return to Peru. And if there are some caches around, so much the better.

I would like to Geocache in Uganda

I met someone from Uganda a week ago at a International Agriculture conference I attended in Montpellier. Because of the work that I do it's not out of the question that I might visit Uganda as part of my work. I already have found caches in Zimbabwe, South Africa, and Tanzania and have been to Zambia and Ethiopia didn't get the opportunity to find caches while I was there. We have been doing work with an institution in Ghana so I would more likely visit that country than Uganda. Ghana only has 6 caches and only one of them has been found.

By the way, there are only 17 caches in Uganda. Five of them have not yet been found.

Canada for sure - but the timing would have to be spot on - not while everything was under snow, but in the hockey season so I could catch a few games while I was there :D

Edited by The Chaos Crew

I got home yesterday and the light was flashing on the phone...A MESSAGE... I press the play button, and I find out that I did win a trip. All I had to do was press ' 1 ' but since it was a message it didn't work. I guess I am stuck here in Niagara.

Canada for sure - but the timing would have to be spot on - not while everything was under snow, but in the hockey season so I could catch a few games while I was there :D

Sounds like you would like to come over here now! Montreal and Vancouver are both playing in the playoffs right now.

Vietnam, specifically Hanoi for the 1000 year birthday of the city this October. Then I would travel south on mountain bike along the coast all the way to Saigon.

About 10 years ago or so I attended a sea kayaking symposium and was chatting with one of the most accomplished sea kayakers in the world (Derek Hutchinson) and my wife asked him "where in the world was your favorite place to paddle?" Without hesitation he answered, "Vietnam" and went on to describe a spectacular sounding location. As a geocacher and avid sea kayaker Vietnam should be on my short list of places I'd like to visit.

Either Australia and New Zealand or South Africa.

Either way a new continent and some exotic animals will be involved in the expedition.

How about this cache that I found a little over a month ago: TANAPA: Mikumi NP

It's a micro and the next closest cache is 62 miles away and there are only 2 other caches within 100 miles.

On the other hand, within an hour of when I found it I saw antelope, zebra, giraffe, water buffalo, elephant, hippo, warthog, baboon, and even tsetse flies and most of those were before we even entered the game preserve.

There are some nice game preserves in South Africa but if you really want to lots of different exotic animals go to Tanzania or Kenya.

Sounds like you would like to come over here now! Montreal and Vancouver are both playing in the playoffs right now.

don't I just know it, Canucks are my team, games face off at 3am UK time, I'm not getting much sleep at the moment! :D

Overseas?.... Russia (not a whole lot over there, from what I can see, but I've always wanted to go there.)... Ireland (I have to imagine the scenery would be amazing..... England (well, they speak the same language. Lol.).... Just nowhere with lots of sand (I've had enough of that, being in the middle east for three back to back combat tours with the Army.)

Somewhere I can drive to?.... wow, anywhere and everywhere would be awesome. If I just had someone drive me around without telling me where we were going, that would be cool... To just be lost for a while (then pick up a GPSr and find myself, temporarily :] ) I'd also like to go back to all the places I used to live or stayed at for extended periods of time, and find all the hidden treasures I never knew were there.

Anywhere in the world? It'd have to be Germany/ Czech Republic.....beer would weigh heavily into my caching experience.

Anywhere in the U.S.? Washington/Oregon.

Yes! Come to Oregon! There are some fantastic caches here!!! And it's a great place to visit all around.