Nanos on bus stops

The local transit authority in Ottawa banned geocaching some time ago.

And of course this means nobody will place them there...

The Ontario reviewers are aware of the ban. Occasionally one will sneak through because it's in a parking lot and it's not obvious to the reviewer that it's on OC Transpo property, but these caches get reported and archived pretty quickly.

One of the last bus stop caches I did was placed on a fairly busy street in San Francisco. There were around eight of us who were all over the stop. Literally. Surprisingly, no one asked us what we were doing. We did not find it that day -- as it turned out the cache had migrated a bit, in part because the camo job was so well done -- it was returned to the hiding spot soon after.

Whether a bus stop is just one of those locations that seem to cry out for a cache is perhaps a matter of opinion. In the cache above, the point of the hide was the unique high quality camo rather than the stop. So far a bus stop has not inspired me to place a container However, all in all, I would rather do a bus stop cache than a playground equipment cache. I suppose in either case, its all a matter of timing.

Not all hides are for all people.

If you had a mild handicap and were limited to public transportation, you might be very grateful for nanos hidden at bus stops.

Just sayin'...

Yeah, well that there 'mild handicap' had better be something like a sprained pinkie because most of those that we've encountered are made easier if you are an amateur contortionist.

Of course since we filter out that junk these days, I do suppose that their ease of finding might have substantially improved though I doubt it.

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand the aforementioned points. I usually filter out caches I want to find, I'm fully aware that some people enjoy bus stop hides, they are more convenient for some handicapped folks, they're more prominent in larger cities, some are creative, yada yada yada.

I'll probably end up looking for another one or ten in the future either on purpose on on accident. I was just putting forth my mild displeasure in finding that one of my searches was an unexpected bus stop nano.

So really, I was just sayin...

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand the aforementioned points. I usually filter out caches I want to find, I'm fully aware that some people enjoy bus stop hides, they are more convenient for some handicapped folks, they're more prominent in larger cities, some are creative, yada yada yada.

I'll probably end up looking for another one or ten in the future either on purpose on on accident. I was just putting forth my mild displeasure in finding that one of my searches was an unexpected bus stop nano.

So really, I was just sayin...

After my 3rd encounter, this year, with a rattlesnake on Saturday the 17th, I elected to do some urban caching on Sunday. While none were blinkies at bus stops, there was at least one blinkie in my finds and a couple other nanos.

Sometimes I just feel like caching somewhere where there's almost no (or not much) Poison Oak (PO) and the chance of encountering a rattler is remote, rather than quite likely.

Edited by DragonsWest

Hi being new to geocaching well almost anyway

with just a few finds under my belt and one hide.

I travel by bus.There is no bus stop caches in my area.(I don't plan on hiding any on a bus stop) "BUT" I hid my cache in a local monument park.Where I can watch it from a bus stop I use 5 days out of the week.I am hoping to run into fellow cachers LOL

IMO I think a bus stop cache is far to easy!

just sayin'

I never thought a bus stop cache would interest me. But I've just started working on a series of them.

See, there's this 10th Anniversary event coming up Saturday. And my number of finds is approaching a nice, round, milestone-type number. So I was trying to figure out how to squeeze in another 13 finds before Saturday, without taking time off from work. I also have final exams coming up next week, so I need to study in the evenings.

So a local series of bus-stop caches has suddenly become my best friend. Sometimes, it is all about the numbers.

Bus stop hides can be cool. There's a multi here in town that's one of my fav's so far. The CO got permission from the local transit authority to use UV pen on the inside of their shelters. Stage one has a UV light for people to use to find the rest of the stops. 4 stages, 3 of them you need the UV light to find the coords/location of the container. It's hidden in the shelter, and even has room for small coins/bugs. Very cool.

I also doing urban runs sometimes. They're great for breaking things up sometimes.

Bus stop hides can be cool. There's a multi here in town that's one of my fav's so far. The CO got permission from the local transit authority to use UV pen on the inside of their shelters. Stage one has a UV light for people to use to find the rest of the stops. 4 stages, 3 of them you need the UV light to find the coords/location of the container. It's hidden in the shelter, and even has room for small coins/bugs. Very cool.

I also doing urban runs sometimes. They're great for breaking things up sometimes.

Oh I am so doing that multi. I love stuff like that. Do you have GC number for it?