Jump to content

How long is it reasonable to keep a TB in transit from one cache to the next?


mcccliv

Recommended Posts

About two weeks or so. If you find you'll be holding on to the bug for three weeks or more, notify the owner of the situation. Most are pretty cool about it if they know their bug hasn't been forgotten. If you want to hold the bug for over a month, maybe to take it on a long trip, get the owners permission first.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post

As long as you want.

 

People like to pretend there is a two-week maximum rule. Those people are mistaken.

 

It's a rule of thumb based on how long before an owner starts wondering about their bug.

 

But yeah, if you don't mind getting emails asking when are you going to move the bug, hold it as long as you want. :laughing:

Link to post

I typically send a polite email after a month has gone by. A lot of cachers simply forget they have my coin or TB and this takes care of the problem. For those who are no longer interested in caching, or for whom life has gotten in the way of caching, I offer to send a SASE so they can snail-mail us our coin/TB back so we can get it moving again.

 

Most cachers are reasonable people. There are only a few who seem to think they can do whatever they want with other people's travelers. I guess there are rude people who only think about themselves no matter where you go. :laughing:

Link to post

As long as you want.

 

People like to pretend there is a two-week maximum rule. Those people are mistaken.

And there are always the type of people who obviously dont want to play the game by moving on other peoples travel bugs at all

the guidelines state that if you dont intend on moving travel bugs dont collect them from the cache and if you do try and move them on quickly rather than keep them for really long periods of time like you seem to be doing :laughing:

Seeing as you seem to have quite a few, it would be nice if you would take this as a hint and move them all on soon.

This may seem a bit harsh, but travel bugs do cost money and the owners would like to see them moving and not being hoarded by members like you :)

 

Edited to add this extract:

Is there any Travel Bug etiquette?

Use the Golden Rule when you find a Travel Bug. Most owners would rather see their travel bugs do a lot of travelling, so try not to hold on to a travel bug for too long. If you plan on holding onto the bug for more than 2 weeks, make sure to send a courtesy email to the owner letting them know.

From the FAQ for travel bugs

Edited by burtsbodgers
  • Upvote 1
Link to post

Forget it guys, he's just trolling.

 

Apparently someone holding a bunch of bugs is supposed to be shocking to us. We all know that it's a hard world for travel bugs. Ignore him and he'll get bored and move on to some other place to get the attention he craves.

 

Welcome to the forum of Unending Angst!

  • Funny 1
Link to post

Not trolling, not trying to get people upset, not looking for attention. I'm just being realistic about TB/GC "requirements".

 

I have some bugs now, and nobody owns them but me. I am definitely moving them on, I just don't want to drop my bugs in mediocre caches. I've emailed several of the people that started the bugs.

Link to post
Not trolling, not trying to get people upset, not looking for attention. I'm just being realistic about TB/GC "requirements".

 

I have some bugs now, and nobody owns them but me. I am definitely moving them on, I just don't want to drop my bugs in mediocre caches. I've emailed several of the people that started the bugs.

 

 

glad to see that. I was about to put a request on the couple of TBs that I put out there to avoid Tallahassee. You took up quite a collection there a couple months ago. I'm sure the caches you choose to drop those TBs in will be spectacular.

 

the bright side, at least you are logging that you grabbed them. Many TBs that are headed for Neverland just disappear.

Link to post

someone took my sons TB 6 months ago. It was his first bug & they were the first to pick it up. They have done 200 caches since & still not dropped it to continue its travels. Problem is they're dutch. So does anyone know dutch for "drop the TB to stop my little boy crying himself to sleep each night you big meanie" ???

 

Try the local reviewer for that area: Kruimeldief

 

Oh by the way, you don't want to show the tracking numbers in your photos or post it anywhere on line.

Edited by BlueDeuce
  • Helpful 1
Link to post

I am in a similar boat insofar as I have a travel slug that I picked up in Wisconsin in early September and haven't moved. In this situation I emailed the owner and asked if we could take it with us to New York in December, and he agreed.

 

I like moving TBs and coins because I like seeing where they've come from. I can hold a TB or coin and say "wow, this has been at X, Y, and Z and I'd like to go there someday". But the real thrill is then putting them somewhere and seeing their further travels; I always add myself to the watch list of all the TBs and coins I move because I'm just so fascinated by all the places they go, after they've been with me.

 

We're planning a cache-tour around Christmas when we go to New York; we're planning on hitting at least one cache in every state between Illinois and New York, and think it'd be great to put some real miles on some of the TBs and coins we have, instead of moving them just a couple of miles here and there. I know that it could be someone else who then takes them on to some far-flung part of the world, I guess I'd just like the opportunity to do it myself once in awhile too. :)

 

My kids have had a lot of fun playing with some of the more clever coins we've discovered (one shaped like a cow, another a big gem), but it's always emphasized that they belong to someone else and that we can't keep them. And frankly, I don't *want* to keep them...that's simply not the point; I'd hate to think that the journey ended with me. This makes me actually quite careful about where I put stuff...I'd hate to discover that the cache was plundered, all the items taken, and maybe it was my fault for not putting it back well enough? Maybe someone saw me? This is especially worrisome in an urban setting like Chicago where there are plenty of people around.

 

Ultimately, for me, I'm here to "play the game" and I want everyone to have fun. If I'm holding onto something for what seems a long time, it's because I want to make sure I'm doing justice to the owner, not because I want to keep anything.

 

Besides, who wants to hold onto a Green Bay Packers coin? I'm a Bears fan (ducks) :D

Link to post

I have, due to some very unfortunate circumstances (does cancer count?) had a geocoin and a TB in my possession for nearly two years. I have finished my treatment and hope to get out into the woods this coming weekend. I plan on placing these trackables in caches when I'm out. Thankfully, I have not been hounded by the owners of either item to place them.

 

I have a couple of my own TB's out there and one has had a couple erroneous logs (or failure to log the item out of the cache) and I'm pretty lenient on them. They've always turned up. One reviewer wanted to deactivate one of them, and I told him to reactivate it because it's had longer stretches of being listed in a cache where it actually was not located previously. Within a week it turned up.

Link to post

I am in a similar boat insofar as I have a travel slug that I picked up in Wisconsin in early September and haven't moved. In this situation I emailed the owner and asked if we could take it with us to New York in December, and he agreed.

 

I like moving TBs and coins because I like seeing where they've come from. I can hold a TB or coin and say "wow, this has been at X, Y, and Z and I'd like to go there someday". But the real thrill is then putting them somewhere and seeing their further travels; I always add myself to the watch list of all the TBs and coins I move because I'm just so fascinated by all the places they go, after they've been with me.

 

We're planning a cache-tour around Christmas when we go to New York; we're planning on hitting at least one cache in every state between Illinois and New York, and think it'd be great to put some real miles on some of the TBs and coins we have, instead of moving them just a couple of miles here and there. I know that it could be someone else who then takes them on to some far-flung part of the world, I guess I'd just like the opportunity to do it myself once in awhile too. :)

 

My kids have had a lot of fun playing with some of the more clever coins we've discovered (one shaped like a cow, another a big gem), but it's always emphasized that they belong to someone else and that we can't keep them. And frankly, I don't *want* to keep them...that's simply not the point; I'd hate to think that the journey ended with me. This makes me actually quite careful about where I put stuff...I'd hate to discover that the cache was plundered, all the items taken, and maybe it was my fault for not putting it back well enough? Maybe someone saw me? This is especially worrisome in an urban setting like Chicago where there are plenty of people around.

 

Ultimately, for me, I'm here to "play the game" and I want everyone to have fun. If I'm holding onto something for what seems a long time, it's because I want to make sure I'm doing justice to the owner, not because I want to keep anything.

 

Besides, who wants to hold onto a Green Bay Packers coin? I'm a Bears fan (ducks) ;)

 

I don't want too sound too harsh but...

That travel bug could have circled the globe in the three months that you have been hanging on to it!

also if you think you have muggled or spotted at a cache then dont place a tb there and place the cache back as or better than you found it and it wont get muggled.

But at least you went to the effort of contacting the owner.

where as my TB that has travelled just 4 miles is still in the hands of the person that logged it 9 months ago and despite me trying to contact them twice have not responded, this is a real shame as this is my Cub packs TB and we were hoping to watch it travel around the world. Most of the cubs that placed this in its first cache have now or will very soon be leaving the group, so it would be nice if cachers would allow them to travel. :D

Link to post

As long as you want.

 

People like to pretend there is a two-week maximum rule. Those people are mistaken.

 

C@ptainHook,

I respectfully ask you to please release the travel bugs and coins you are hoarding. The pirate thing is passé, it's so yesterday. We went through the "pirate" phase years ago, and nobody thought it was funny, or clever, or cool then. Your idea is not new, and it is not embraced by other geocachers. So, before you lose the friends you might have made in here, please place them in a cache near you.

Eartha

Groundspeak Volunteer Forum Moderator

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
On 11/25/2009 at 5:35 AM, Eartha said:

 

C@ptainHook,

I respectfully ask you to please release the travel bugs and coins you are hoarding. The pirate thing is passé, it's so yesterday. We went through the "pirate" phase years ago, and nobody thought it was funny, or clever, or cool then. Your idea is not new, and it is not embraced by other geocachers. So, before you lose the friends you might have made in here, please place them in a cache near you.

Eartha

Groundspeak Volunteer Forum Moderator

 

10 minutes ago, C@ptainHook said:

No.

It's time he walked the plank.

  • Upvote 1
  • Funny 2
Link to post

Why is this person still here ?  Should have been banned by now.

Holds on to other-people's property (over 20) since '11 , and after 11 years all they can say is "no".  Sheesh...  

Agree with Goldenwattle, a grown person acting like a day care kid.

Hoarders have a special place in Hates awaiting them...

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
On 11/23/2009 at 7:17 PM, WRITE SHOP ROBERT said:

No more than two years

 I picked up a TB (the original tag from 2005) yesterday that someone had held for just over 2 years and posted 113 pages of visit logs.

Another that the same person held for over 4 years and posted 180 pages of visit logs.

Wonder why they decided it was finally time to drop them.

Edited by NanCycle
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
54 minutes ago, NanCycle said:

Wonder why they decided it was finally time to drop them.

 

I really wonder about some people. If they wanted to do that, why not just buy their own TB that they can carry with them? :blink:

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
On 7/26/2020 at 3:17 PM, NanCycle said:

 I picked up a TB (the original tag from 2005) yesterday that someone had held for just over 2 years and posted 113 pages of visit logs.

Another that the same person held for over 4 years and posted 180 pages of visit logs.

Wonder why they decided it was finally time to drop them.

On 7/26/2020 at 4:13 PM, Unit473L said:

 

I really wonder about some people. If they wanted to do that, why not just buy their own TB that they can carry with them? :blink:

 

Misery loves company!  I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one frustrated by people holding TB's for months at a time an logging pages and pages of Visit logs!   Between that and phony "Discovered" logs from people distributing lists of TB ID numbers and cachers who pick up TB's and never drop them or even log them again, I have really lost hope and interest in TB's.

I've even put notes in all my TB's asking people to NOT log Visits and to promptly move TB's along, it doesn't help.

I've messaged cachers asking them to move along TB's and not log Visits, and it usually just results in a "Mind Your Own Business" response or worse...

I think TB's are a great fun idea that has been destroyed by people laziness or selfishness...

 

 

 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
5 minutes ago, Matt98030 said:

 

Misery loves company!  I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one frustrated by people holding TB's for months at a time an logging pages and pages of Visit logs!   Between that and phony "Discovered" logs from people distributing lists of TB ID numbers and cachers who pick up TB's and never drop them or even log them again, I have really lost hope and interest in TB's.

I've even put notes in all my TB's asking people to NOT log Visits and to promptly move TB's along, it doesn't help.

I've messaged cachers asking them to move along TB's and not log Visits, and it usually just results in a "Mind Your Own Business" response or worse...

I think TB's are a great fun idea that has been destroyed by people laziness or selfishness...

 

 

 

When I started geocaching and first started picking up travel bugs I noticed that several of them said do not bring to events. Can you guess why?  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
54 minutes ago, Matt98030 said:

 I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one frustrated by people holding TB's for months at a time an logging pages and pages of Visit logs! 

 Between that and phony "Discovered" logs from people distributing lists of TB ID numbers and cachers who pick up TB's and never drop them or even log them again, I have really lost hope and interest in TB's.

I've even put notes in all my TB's asking people to NOT log Visits and to promptly move TB's along, it doesn't help.

I've messaged cachers asking them to move along TB's and not log Visits, and it usually just results in a "Mind Your Own Business" response or worse...

I think TB's are a great fun idea that has been destroyed by people laziness or selfishness...

 

I agree that the hoarders who hold onto someone else's property for months/years on end are a bit much.   :)

IIRC,  the "Visit" log was created for those people who "dip" (Drop n Retrieve to every cache found until finally leaving it a cache...), to make it "easier" for them to do so. 

Odd that we didn't know a single person who did that...   

Well, it became so easy to do that a large group of selfish people have now become hoarders.  

Using others property for personal mileage trackers I guess.

 

Curious ... how do you tell the difference between a helpful Discover log and a "phony" one ?  Thanks.

My Discover log would tell you what condition your trackable's in, where I really found it (all the incorrect logs...), and I'll even give you the name of that creep who's brought your trackable, along with dozens of others, to every event they attend.  ;)

 

Are you contacting cachers of your own trackables ?  If they're telling you to pound sand, I'd simply lock it.  You'll never see it again anyway...

If they aren't yours, then nice you care, but that's not your worry.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
On 11/20/2009 at 9:04 AM, C@ptainHook said:

Not trolling, not trying to get people upset, not looking for attention. I'm just being realistic about TB/GC "requirements".

 

I have some bugs now, and nobody owns them but me. I am definitely moving them on, I just don't want to drop my bugs in mediocre caches. I've emailed several of the people that started the bugs.

Odd, your profile shows that you've had many for well over 9 years and counting. And you claim to not be a troll?

 

 

edit: after reading your forum posts, I think another person was spot on when you were labeled a sociopath.

Edited by Fogtripper
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
2 hours ago, CAPTAINVALPO96 said:

I think that you can keep it as long as you are taking it to geocaches and if you are the closest to its goal as you can, drop it off. That is the best thing to do. THERE IS NO RULE OF THIS. It IS nice to have for a week or 2 though.

 

You can't keep another's property.  You're correct though... there's no "rule", but there's a thing called etiquette...

Actually, right in the Help Center (under "Trackable Etiquette") it says, "Trackables are like hot potatoes, they don't want to stay in one person’s hands too long!"   :)

Not sure where you got the idea that you can hold another's property for an unlimited time, but one of the  hassles for Trackable Owners is people who "visit" their trackable for months/years on end.   Using another's property as their own personal mileage tracker.

No photos, and they don't even know if that person really has it anymore...

  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
Link to post
On 2/26/2021 at 11:02 PM, cerberus1 said:

 

You can't keep another's property.  You're correct though... there's no "rule", but there's a thing called etiquette...

Actually, right in the Help Center (under "Trackable Etiquette") it says, "Trackables are like hot potatoes, they don't want to stay in one person’s hands too long!"   :)

Not sure where you got the idea that you can hold another's property for an unlimited time, but one of the  hassles for Trackable Owners is people who "visit" their trackable for months/years on end.   Using another's property as their own personal mileage tracker.

No photos, and they don't even know if that person really has it anymore...

Oh. Yes. You can’t keep it. Unless it is collectible by owner preference. Thanks for reminding me of this.

Link to post
1 hour ago, CAPTAINVALPO96 said:

Oh. Yes. You can’t keep it. Unless it is collectible by owner preference. Thanks for reminding me of this.

 

The term "Collectible" is a whole other very complicated issue. 

 

Probably the best plan is to never unilatterally make a TB Owner guess what your intentions are.  Be sure you first understand what the TB Owner actually wants.  At least make a log that you''re "taking it to Florida in three weeks" or whatever, and keep that promise.  I don't jack around with other people's property.  If I don't immediately have a cache in mind, I don't take the TB.  Or else I commit to unscrambling the TB's completely messed-up logs, which can be a lot of unexpected work.  And I never sit on it for "two weeks"... don't wait, place it into a cache.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
1 hour ago, kunarion said:

The term "Collectible" is a whole other very complicated issue. 

 

Probably the best plan is to never unilatterally make a TB Owner guess what your intentions are.  Be sure you first understand what the TB Owner actually wants.  At least make a log that you''re "taking it to Florida in three weeks" or whatever, and keep that promise.  I don't jack around with other people's property.  If I don't immediately have a cache in mind, I don't take the TB.  Or else I commit to unscrambling the TB's completely messed-up logs, which can be a lot of unexpected work.  And I never sit on it for "two weeks"... don't wait, place it into a cache.

 

And then some.    :)   

The biggest issue we see (besides the "visit" log...) is this collection/collectible  thing.

Seems to be meant to help get all those coins off your log list, but has resulted in a lot of stolen trackables.

We feel one sentence in the Help Center is the cause of that....

I Discover more trackables than take them now. 

Not caching as much now the main reason,  but untangling all the incorrect information just got to be a pain-in-the-can too.

The few I do Retrieve get placed in the first cache that'll hold it.  I've pretty-much stayed within two weeks tops.

My one "visit" log was due to an illness, and couldn't place it in a decent cache within two weeks.

  • Helpful 1
Link to post
2 hours ago, kunarion said:

 

The term "Collectible" is a whole other very complicated issue. 

 

Probably the best plan is to never unilatterally make a TB Owner guess what your intentions are.  Be sure you first understand what the TB Owner actually wants.  At least make a log that you''re "taking it to Florida in three weeks" or whatever, and keep that promise.  I don't jack around with other people's property.  If I don't immediately have a cache in mind, I don't take the TB.  Or else I commit to unscrambling the TB's completely messed-up logs, which can be a lot of unexpected work.  And I never sit on it for "two weeks"... don't wait, place it into a cache.

Yeah. You can say that you are going to somewhere in a certain amount of time to somewhere, let’s use California for example, and your flight there is in 10 days. Then the owner of the TB has the time to tell you if they want it going there, you having it, or not. Does that make sense?

Link to post
1 minute ago, CAPTAINVALPO96 said:

Yeah. You can say that you are going to somewhere in a certain amount of time to somewhere, let’s use California for example, and your flight there is in 10 days. Then the owner of the TB has the time to tell you if they want it going there, you having it, or not. Does that make sense?


Yes.  Communication is best.

 

Most of my TBs have information on the page, such as “place it into a cache and log the drop”, rather than carrying it around.  If I wanted blank logs and “miles” I could carry it around, myself.  Plus I’d know it wasn’t actually lost years ago.

 

And my TBs where I say you may carry it and log Visits as long as you like, I grant that only on the condition that there are stories and photos in the logs.  
 

Anyway, Takers know my request, they can see it on the TB page, without even asking. :)

  • Helpful 1
Link to post

I have a TB that has been in the hands of a cacher since January 2020.  The last time I heard back from them was May 2020 when they were in lockdown due to COVID.  I've since replied to them in July 2020 with no reply and today, March 2021, asking if they still have it and if they can drop it off or mail it back to me, offering to pay for postage.  I hope to see it move again.

 

Another question, one of my other TBs popped up on a YouTube channel in the following cache (GC8V7YG), but the previous holder didn't drop it off using the app.  I've messaged them hoping that they drop it off, but they haven't been responsive.  If they don't drop it, can I electronically take it out of their hands and place it in the cache?  The YouTuber filmed the TB, but didn't retrieve it so I know it's still there.

Link to post
3 minutes ago, boyfester said:

I've messaged them hoping that they drop it off, but they haven't been responsive.  If they don't drop it, can I electronically take it out of their hands and place it in the cache?  The YouTuber filmed the TB, but didn't retrieve it so I know it's still there.


The cacher who dropped it should be the one to log it.  Or a future finder should grab/drop which would correct it’s tracking.  Otherwise the map, mileage, and cacher records will look pretty weird.  Especially if someone took it from the cache in the meantime.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
1 minute ago, kunarion said:


The cacher who dropped it should be the one to log it.  Or a future finder should grab/drop which would correct it’s tracking.  Otherwise the map, mileage, and cacher records will look pretty weird.  Especially if someone took it from the cache in the meantime.

How does a future finder grab it, if it's not appearing on the app?  There's nowhere for them to type in the secret code if it's not on the app page.  Correct?  Is there another way to log it in?

Link to post
3 minutes ago, boyfester said:

How does a future finder grab it, if it's not appearing on the app?  There's nowhere for them to type in the secret code if it's not on the app page.  Correct?  Is there another way to log it in?


You actually can log any TB within the App by viewing your own TB Inventory, which then displays a search box.

 

But I greatly prefer using the web site, because there’s more flexibility there.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
24 minutes ago, kunarion said:

The cacher who dropped it should be the one to log it.  Or a future finder should grab/drop which would correct it’s tracking.  Otherwise the map, mileage, and cacher records will look pretty weird.  Especially if someone took it from the cache in the meantime.

 

I agree.  With all the incorrect logging these days, it's better to relax a bit, assume the best, and hope someone "fixes" whatever mess there is.  :)

Once the TO starts "guesstimating" what/where their trackable may be, they could be making the situation worse.

 

One cacher that has "big beard" was caching just six days ago (after taking a break last June), and has three other trackables in their possession too.

 - Their last "visit" to the site in June is probably because they use a phone...

The one with "chest" has around seven other trackables besides, and cached until last October -  almost a year after taking the trackable.

I'd mark it "missing".

  • Helpful 1
Link to post
11 hours ago, cerberus1 said:

 

I agree.  With all the incorrect logging these days, it's better to relax a bit, assume the best, and hope someone "fixes" whatever mess there is.  :)

Once the TO starts "guesstimating" what/where their trackable may be, they could be making the situation worse.

 

One cacher that has "big beard" was caching just six days ago (after taking a break last June), and has three other trackables in their possession too.

 - Their last "visit" to the site in June is probably because they use a phone...

The one with "chest" has around seven other trackables besides, and cached until last October -  almost a year after taking the trackable.

I'd mark it "missing".

 

What does marking it "missing" do?

Link to post
2 hours ago, boyfester said:

 

What does marking it "missing" do?

It removes it from the inventory listing of the cache, or out of the inventory of the person holding it. Essentially, it lists it as being "in an unknown location". If someone finds it, they can retrieve it as usual by searching for it by tracking code and using the Retrieve functionality.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post

2 weeks is a guideline. As far as I'm concerned, the TB's goal and theme is what I base it on, as well as the practicalities of finding a good cache to drop it in.

I've waited to put batman themed TB's into a Batman-themed cache, rabbits into rabbit caches. The ones which want to travel out of town, I'm having problems with - not only did COVID squash most leisure travel, but the TB hotel at our international airport got archived, and that's really a bummer. I'm currently sitting on 3 TB's that want to go to the UK, and there is really no way to get them there other than to make contact with a persona there and mail them. I have already mailed TB's to Quebec, but they were small and that was in-county mail for me.

And so I wait...

Link to post
6 hours ago, mysterion604 said:

2 weeks is a guideline. As far as I'm concerned, the TB's goal and theme is what I base it on, as well as the practicalities of finding a good cache to drop it in.

I've waited to put batman themed TB's into a Batman-themed cache, rabbits into rabbit caches. The ones which want to travel out of town, I'm having problems with - not only did COVID squash most leisure travel, but the TB hotel at our international airport got archived, and that's really a bummer. I'm currently sitting on 3 TB's that want to go to the UK, and there is really no way to get them there other than to make contact with a persona there and mail them. I have already mailed TB's to Quebec, but they were small and that was in-county mail for me.

And so I wait...

You do know that you do not have to strictly follow the goal, don't you? It's a goal, not a strict requirement. If you can't place it in a properly themed cache, stick it in another cache; maybe the next cacher will have more luck with the goal.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
25 minutes ago, TriciaG said:

You do know that you do not have to strictly follow the goal, don't you? It's a goal, not a strict requirement. If you can't place it in a properly themed cache, stick it in another cache; maybe the next cacher will have more luck with the goal.

 

Yep.   :)    Common sense...

IIRC, one hoarder that accumulated boxes of trackables (HQ got them back in discussions...) started out attempting to satisfy every trackable's goal.

It seems the issue is when one feels they alone know how to take care of another person's property.

 

Link to post
6 hours ago, mysterion604 said:

I'm currently sitting on 3 TB's that want to go to the UK, and there is really no way to get them there other than to make contact with a persona there and mail them. I have already mailed TB's to Quebec, but they were small and that was in-county mail for me.

And so I wait...

 

Both simply say they're headed for Ireland and Scotland.   Both from Canada, I don't believe they originally figured on a direct route...

Curious ...  what did the TOs say to do with them ?    You did email them first, right ?   Thanks. 

Link to post

The trackable situation is kinda grazy at the moment.


I´m relatively new with 78 finds and 8 Tb´s moved so far, but I saw a lot of Tb´s dissappeared, some were logged at a different cache.

I write many notes for missing Tb´s (one of them was discovered again after months a couple of hundred kilometers away from the last known location),
I saw a cacher who allegedly took a Tb to more than 100 caches in one!!! day, other cachers dip them every 200 meters for weeks or months,

a Tb hotel near my hometown with 7 Tb´s in it got compleatly emptied, you name it.

 

I want to send one or two Tb´s out myself, but oh boy.
This really makes me wonder, if it´s a good idea to make the Tb´s / Gc´s a premium member only thing.

Link to post
1 hour ago, Bronjun said:

This really makes me wonder, if it´s a good idea to make the Tb´s / Gc´s a premium member only thing.

That won't help. The physical item is in a cache for anyone to take out.

I'm not sure what you mean about making GCs a premium member thing. If one has to pay to play at all, no one new will join the game and it will die out.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...