Instead of Found It....

pegasus133

In Central Jersey, when group caching, the etiquette is to discreetly move away from the immediate GZ once you've spotted the cache, to let others find it in its original state as well. If someone cottons on to the fact that you've done this, they ask if you have "coffee". I have no idea as to the origins of this.

In Central Jersey, when group caching, the etiquette is to discreetly move away from the immediate GZ once you've spotted the cache, to let others find it in its original state as well. If someone cottons on to the fact that you've done this, they ask if you have "coffee". I have no idea as to the origins of this.

Some have been known to scream like a girl (and that's a quote) and jump around waving your hands in the air. This way geocachers for 1/2 of a mile know you found the cache.

But the amount of camo on the container often has something to do with it.

7cb70e97-a8fd-4aec-9379-f43ebb3d5c4b.jpg

I start off with.

Don't be a snake

Don't be a snake

Don't be a snake

Don't be a snake

Don't be a snake

Followed by SNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEE Runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

As the others are running, I quietly say, Whoops, no snake, its the cache LOL

Not sure where we got it, but when we started my girl-friend and I heard that you do a "Happy Bunny Dance" - so the first one to find a cache will either move away from the immediate area and start doing a silly dance, or just stand there with two fingers up (think Peace Sign) held up behind our head (like bunny ears). Or jsut say the phrase "Happy Bunny Dance". If a particularly difficult or long search, we've taken to using the phrase "Tired bunny dance", usually followed by an exhausted sigh....

My girlfriends son screamed like a little girl when he found a rubber bat (cache container cammo) hanging in the tree. The scream could be heard from miles around. :blink:

I believe it started on a group hunt in Harriman in April of 2003. A bunch of us were looking for a cache when Hartclimbs announced that he was going to sit down and have a cup of coffee . We were confused at first (because none of us actually had coffee with us), but soon realized it meant he found the cache and was sitting down to relax and watch the rest of us hunt.

By the end of the day we were all using the term to say that we had found the cache and were through searching, and I believe it spread from there.

I am from the GONIL area (Geocachers of Northern Illinois) and a term we use when we find a cache is Hootie. I have been curious as to what term other folks shout out when they want to let the other cachers with them know that they found the cache.

If it is quck it's "Woo-Hoo!" If it took awhile it's "Hot Dang I found you ya little c**ksucker!"

Edited by kcacher8

Ray and I got ours from magicman and angelcheeks. Whoever finds the cache will ask for the other to bring a bottle of water over. ie: "Ray, I'm so thirsty, can you please bring me a bottle of water?" Which is usually followed up by..." What! You didn't...Where!?" Now if he were writing this, the names would be reversed I'm sure! ha ha ha

That's weird this geocache has a rubber stamp and a blank pad of paper. Took Stamp, Left playing cards and a rubber snake. TFTC. Swizzle

Someone put a letterbox in the geocaches hidey hole again!!

No wonder it took so long. Film Can not Ammo Can!

You think I can throw this nano over the building?