Pocket Query Survey

GreyLurk

I have no regularly scheduled PQs.

I tend to run a PQ for the area or route I will be in that day and load it up. Repeat for the next day.

Even for my home area - I only run a PQ when I know I will be out caching. I live with what I have in the unit for spontaneous caching.

I have no queries that run daily.

I have three queries that get run once a week that have 500 caches in them.

500 closest to my home

1000 caches that are on my watchlist want to do bookmark list.

I have another five queries that get run once a week that get smaller and smaller everytime I find a cache on them.

Cache across America caches I haven't found-3 left (2 left in the next hour)

First cache placed in each state.

100 oldest caches

Cache closest to the state capital

Caches that are archived but I still want to visit the location.

And one cache that never gets run but gets copied just about every day with the center point changing to the zip code of where I am right now. It contains 500 caches that I can find in short time frames for when I am working on the road.

I tend to run a PQ for the area or route I will be in that day and load it up.

Even for my home area - I only run a PQ when I know I will be out caching. I live with what I have in the unit for spontaneous caching.

Yeah thats about how I do it :rolleyes:B)

I tend to run a PQ for the area or route I will be in that day and load it up.

Yeah thats about how I do it B)<_<

Ditto. :rolleyes:

I maintain an offline database of all unfound caches within 150 km of my house. Currently this is about 4400 caches.

To keep it current, I completely refresh the entire database twice a week. All PQ's are based on "Date Placed"

Daily, I run a PQ that gives me all caches placed in the last 30 days.

Each PQ runs once per week. I use multiple copies of the same PQ to accomplish this.

Edited by Tequila

I'm just curious... How many Premium Members:

a) Have pocket queries that run daily?

:) Have Pocket Queries that contain hundreds of caches daily?

c) Have Pocket Queries that you don't use every day, but you generate "just in case"?

A) No

:) No

C) I run them when needed which might be before a weekend cache trip. Maybe 1 or 2 PQ's.

I'm just curious... How many Premium Members:

a... Have pocket queries that run daily?

b... Have Pocket Queries that contain hundreds of caches daily?

c... Have Pocket Queries that you don't use every day, but you generate "just in case"?

a...No. I don't have any that run automatically. I run them when I need them.

b...If I run PQs I always get them for 500 unless they're for Along a Route and then I get what is returned.

c...Not sure what this is asking.

I have 3 PQ's that run once a week that give me all the caches (of the types I hunt) in my "local" area. That way I can usually look for some whenever the mood strikes. I also have about a dozen that I run when I take trips to certain favorite areas away from home. I may only use these once or twice a year. If I go someplace new, I will write a PQ for that area before I leave.

a. no

b. no

c. no

you forgot:

d. Have pocket queries for bookmark lists or specialized criteria that you only use in Preview mode.

I have several of those, showing (for example) new cache near me, puzzles near where I am traveling, etc. I never run them; they are there just as advanced searches.