FTF's, what's your furthest from home?

Stuey

Although I have two FTFs 10,000 miles from home in Australia, I know that I've seen someone on here who can beat that with at least one FTF in New Zealand.

However, if you multiply - as you do - the distance from home by the coordinate error (always a risk for the FTF hunter, so I see no reason not to multiply it in) then I claim worldwide victory, with 4950 square kilometres. :o

Edited by sTeamTraen

GCA152

2145 miles. From Batley to the furthest past of Cyprus. Made all the sweeter when you seen who the First Failed to Find was. :lol::o

Hi Alex, just read your log for the FTF.. It says you found it in the last place you looked....all our finds have been in the last place we looked. :o we stop looking then. :lol:

Hope you can make the Mega event next week.

We managed to bag TWO FTF's in one day when on holiday in Languedoc SW France.

GC1E6N1 Marseillan: le chateau d'eau and GC1E6M9 Marseillan: Les mas conchylicoles which were 751.3 and 751.6 miles away from home, respectively.

The achievement though was not so much the distance or the fact that we bagged two in one day, but rather that the cache pages were written in FRENCH only.

It's fortunate that we are EFFLUENT when it comes to speaking French... :o

Bon Sewer!

I'm setting myself up for a fall here, but on another thread I promised to report our forthcoming glorious success on a "how far have you travelled for a cache" thread. Our quarry will also, hopefully, be FTF.

If we fail I will keep very, very quiet. If we succeed, look out for a bit of trumpet-blowing.