Colorado firmware 2.40 300/400

jotne

In the North up mode, the map does not pan smoothly, but only when heading east, south, or anywhere in between. The screen waits until 1/3 inch is white before loading the next segment...no matter what the zoom level is at. Has anyone else noticed this? That is the only complaint I've really had with the Colorado. Any thoughts?

Is this the problem you speak of?

167vl1.png....93mz0.png

That happens on mine all the time.

I have that too since the udate to 2.4... I hate it......

I would like the addition of an option for auto update to local time zone when you change locations from one time zone to another.... ie Pacific driving east and you enter Mountain, it will ask " do you want to use the local time zone?"

I would like the addition of an option for auto update to local time zone when you change locations from one time zone to another.... ie Pacific driving east and you enter Mountain, it will ask " do you want to use the local time zone?"

Yeah, this never happened when the panning was north up (pre-v2.40).

--Marky

In the North up mode, the map does not pan smoothly, but only when heading east, south, or anywhere in between. The screen waits until 1/3 inch is white before loading the next segment...no matter what the zoom level is at. Has anyone else noticed this? That is the only complaint I've really had with the Colorado. Any thoughts?

167vl1.png....93mz0.png

Yes, that looks very similar. Mine is happening when I am actually moving, not when I am using the cursor to scroll to another part of the screen. Does yours do that when you are actually traveling? Also does yours happen only on the right side and bottom of the screen? If I am traveling north or west (or in between) it does not have this problem.

167vl1.png....93mz0.png

I've noticed that too, but never that bad. Maybe a half inch on the right of the screen stays white longer than I think it should when drawing the map (panning, moving east, etc)

Cell phones do this automatically. This would be an excellent addition for a location-based device. :laughing:

While trying to install the 2.40 update using webupdater on the colorado 300, it brings up the message "The update file is corrupted." and it does not finish the update. I can do it manually though. This is my second 300 and I got this message with both units on two different computers. Has anyone else seen this or know why it may be happening? Thanks.

Garmin do not post any info about new firmware. They just post it when it they feel it's ready.

There is at least one person posting in this forum that knows more about this since he gets all the beta firmware.

Try webupdater now and then and you will see when it's posted.

Garmin do not post any info about new firmware. They just post it when it they feel it's ready.

There is at least one person posting in this forum that knows more about this since he gets all the beta firmware.

Try webupdater now and then and you will see when it's posted.

Or, if you are lazy and don't want to hook up the GPS to the PC, visit Garmin's Updates and Downloads for a list of files for all GPS units.

Looks like the battery meter issue is not fully resolved yet.

I put a fresh set of the 2700 mAh Powerex batteries in the other day and ran it a good 4 hours with the screen turned down all the way and the battery meter only dropped one bar. Ran it to work and back twice and to the dog park once (another 4 hours -- no backlight) and it was down to two bars when I fired it up last night. Headed out to the dog park, and part way there I got the low battery beep and the backlighting dropped to the lowest setting -- still showing two bars. Turned off the backlight limiting and ran it with the backlight set mid-range, and as I got home, I got the battery warning message again. Battery gauge showed a small red bar. Never showed one green bar as the battery charge dropped.

Or, if you are lazy and don't want to hook up the GPS to the PC, visit Garmin's Updates and Downloads for a list of files for all GPS units.

Garmin has several times lately posted new firmware on webupdater days before on manual update.

I have several times posted to Allory and reminded that they have forgot important update.

So to get firmware first, do a test on webupdater every day.

Looks like the battery meter issue is not fully resolved yet.

I put a fresh set of the 2700 mAh Powerex batteries in the other day and ran it a good 4 hours with the screen turned down all the way and the battery meter only dropped one bar.

The issue is your unit. You should be getting 12+ hours on those batteries.

Ran across a few more bugs this weekend. Some may be documented previously -- I forget.

Looks like the newest firmware still connects the track from the point where you shut the unit off and where you turn it back on -- even if they are miles apart. Ideally it should start a new track.

Also, if you are driving and pan the screen to place the arrow over a cache to check it out, the track stops where you started panning and connects it directly to your current location when you cancel the pan -- the unit does not log your true track while you are moving the cursor.

One other issue is having both the base map and the NA NT 2008 map both active. I forget the exact steps, but initially it starts out showing only the NT map, but when you view a cache and switch back to the regular map the DEM shading appears on the map, visible through the NT map. Not a big deal, but the map changes color on you.

I don't have a route active when this happens -- just have the unit on and mapping. Perhaps once you select a cache, navigate to it, then turn off the navigation it assumes a route is still active?

Not sure why they want to keep a track active after you turn off the unit and turn it back on, unless this was a 'fix' for the older units that had flaky battery connections. It used to annoy me to no end when my eMap would shut off and started a new track when I finally got it to come back on.

On the other hand, if I go geocaching around here, shut the unit off, then fire it up at work to cache there, I get a track from my house to work -- 25 or so miles worth as the crow files. I have to remember to delete the track and start fresh so I can have a clean log for the day.

Edited by qlenfg