Holly Christmas Ornament Geocoin

PengoFamily

This Christmas season is upon us and I had an idea for a Christmas geocoin design. I thought a suncatcher coin would be perfect for this time of year, especially hanging on a Christmas tree. Who would have thunk the whole suncatcher process was so complicated? But with lots and lots and lots of help from Oakcoins and especially Gridlox this coin is becoming a reality. Gridlox is such an amazing graphic artist...I had a concept and he ran with it. Without him there is no way this coin would have worked. Thank you soooooo much Gridlox for all your hard work.

I am proud to present Oakcoins (Geoswag) Christmas 2007 Geocoin:

tmpphpfRrUfp.jpg

The coins should be available around December 12th. (In time for Christmas) The finishes will be gold and nickel (silver). I will have a small amount for trade in polished copper. I do not yet know pricing but will update the thread once more information is available.

Merry Christmas!! :anicute:

Edited by PengoFamily

...But with lots and lots and lots of help from Oakcoins and especially Gridlox this coin is becoming a reality. Gridlox is such an amazing graphic artist...I had a concept and he ran with it. Without him there is no way this coin would have worked. Thank you soooooo much Gridlox for all your hard work.

:laughing: Awe, Shucks!! ;)

Thanks for the compliments!! :D

This one was definately a learning experience. :D

I learned some new design techniques that the mint is capable of doing that will help me with a future design that I am about to start that will knock everyone's socks off!!

So, we all benefited from this one!! :)

Can't wait to see the finished products!! :)

I know they are gonna be awesome!! :)

D-man :D

So, call me naive, But does the "x" in the middle mean that it's cut out and maybe the part with the candle hangs :laughing:

Your part right. :D

The "x" does mean it's cut out.

That's where the learning curve came in on this one. It took me 3 tries before I ever figured out how to get it to go together correctly!! ;)

This coin is actually a 3 piece coin to make the final product.

If you look at the pic, the upper left two images is what the coin will look like after being assembled.

The two center rings images are actual the front & back of the main piece.

The bottom two images (candle) are the front and back of a thinner coin (suncatcher) that will rest in the middle of the main piece. (The reds, greens, & yellows on the candle & holly are actually transparent!!)

The ring in the upper right snaps into the main piece from the back to lock the center piece in place.

The "x" on the top hanger piece is so you can really hang them on your tree before adding them to your collection or hopefully setting them free to roam the land and spread Christmas cheer throughout the year!! :D

D-man :)

Edited by gridlox

So, call me naive, But does the "x" in the middle mean that it's cut out and maybe the part with the candle hangs :D

Your part right. :)

The "x" does mean it's cut out.

That's where the learning curve came in on this one. It took me 3 tries before I ever figured out how to get it to go together correctly!! :D

This coin is actually a 3 piece coin to make the final product.

If you look at the pic, the upper left two images is what the coin will look like after being assembled.

The two center rings images are actual the front & back of the main piece.

The bottom two images (candle) are the front and back of a thinner coin (suncatcher) that will rest in the middle of the main piece. (The reds, greens, & yellows on the candle & holly are actually transparent!!)

The ring in the upper right snaps into the main piece from the back to lock the center piece in place.

The "x" on the top hanger piece is so you can really hang them on your tree before adding them to your collection or hopefully setting them free to roam the land and spread Christmas cheer throughout the year!! :laughing:

D-man ;)

WOW ! ! ! a definitely "must have" :)

Quick update. Everything seems to be on track for these being available Wednesday. They will be on the presales page for geoswag once they are available. I do not have pricing information yet.

But here is a picture from the mint. They look GREAT!! I can't wait to have a few of these on my Christmas tree. :unsure: From the picture it's hard to tell but the candle and rays are the suncatcher / stained glass effect. Thanks again to Oakcoins and Gridlox for an awesome project!! Merry Christmas everyone!

6N-01234-FRONT1-full.jpg

Edited by PengoFamily

Quick update. Everything seems to be on track for these being available Wednesday. They will be on the presales page for geoswag once they are available. I do not have pricing information yet.

But here is a picture from the mint. They look GREAT!! I can't wait to have a few of these on my Christmas tree. :unsure: From the picture it's hard to tell but the candle and rays are the suncatcher / stained glass effect. Thanks again to Oakcoins and Gridlox for an awesome project!! Merry Christmas everyone!

6N-01234-FRONT1-full.jpg

Very shiney, very pretty :unsure: !