Hey Marky and Joani!

tsunrisebey

Woke up early this morning, didn't sleep well, so was looking through the Helena caches to see if any had coins that were close....

0645 hrs. keys in hand and out the door to see a beautiful Montana tsunrise at my place :)

p001.jpg

0647 hrs. load up the geocanines (they look tired?)

p005.jpg

0655 hrs. arriving at cache (Fishing Access A along the Causeway Lake Helena and the Missouri River). Cache isn't where it normally is, thought it had been muggled :lol: Looked around a bit and saw it's new hiding spot. Yippie! Back home by 0715 hrs.

p004.jpg

A real life Marky and Joani geocoin here in small town Montana ( I can't believe it met its goal and was sitting less than 5 miles away from me ;) ) So, for those of you who get frustrated and don't wanna leave coins in caches anymore, here is proof that a little chunk of metal can go great distances and even find its way into the hands of a forum friend! I know some of you will think I'm a nerd but who cares, lol. Now to force myself to place it in another cache :lol:

p006.jpg

Edited by tsunrisebey

Jeez Louise, Steph! I love that sunrise pic over the montains!

Montana is one of my favorite states... Actually, about anything west of S. Dakota works for me! Love the Kalispell area, just gorgeous!

Some day, if I ever move back to the US, I want to live in the Pacific Northwest or your neck of the woods somewhere!

:lol:

By the way, I still have a bunch of states that need to be mailed out for red handed micros and cache movers. Here are the states we still have:

Alaska

Arizona

Arkansas

Colorado

Connecticut

Delaware

Florida

Hawaii

Iowa

Kentucky

Louisiana

Massachusetts

Minnesota

Montana

Nebraska

Nevada (I don't know why we didn't drop these during our latest road trip)

New Hampshire

New Mexico

North Carolina

North Dakota

Ohio

Oklahoma

Rhode Island

Tennesse

Vermont

Virginia

If anyone wants to help get any of these started, shoot me an email and what states you are interested in and I'll mail them out to you.

--Marky

:) Yup, I'm kinda in love with Montana, if anyone ever gets up this way (Helena) area, drop me a note. Plenty of room at my place, I'll either take you flyfishing, kayaking or caching or all three. Later in the evening, I'll grill up some elk burgers and make a bonfire in my fire pit, you can watch the sun go down over the lake and watch the antelope wander through the yard. When they call this God's country, they mean it! Ok, enough bragging about Montana, lol.

AG: Ya, the dogs are cute but I'm their mom, have to say that :)

Marky, sending an email for the Red-Handed micro :)

~tsun~ living the dream in Big Sky Country

:) Yup, I'm kinda in love with Montana, if anyone ever gets up this way (Helena) area, drop me a note. Plenty of room at my place, I'll either take you flyfishing, kayaking or caching or all three. Later in the evening, I'll grill up some elk burgers and make a bonfire in my fire pit, you can watch the sun go down over the lake and watch the antelope wander through the yard. When they call this God's country, they mean it! Ok, enough bragging about Montana, lol.

Marky, sending an email for the Red-Handed micro :)

And when did you say the GeoEvent is going to be held :D ? Its in you backyard right :D ?? I will bring the brownies :) !

I love sunrises and sunsets in Big Sky Country. Lived back east for too long before getting back home to Big Sky. Do you know there are no edges to the sky in Maryland, it just fuzzes out to trees. Very interesting and disconcerting for a Big Sky girl.

Thank you so much for sharing your tsunrise! A special thing! Even if your caching partners didn't properly appreciate the beginning of the adventure :)

Definitely someplace I want to take my Swede to.... Where we live it looks a lot like the Pac NW, birch and pine and huge boulders and stuff, but nothing like big sky country!

I think Montana is one of those places that a Texas gal could really be comfortable living... especially a Houston gal who never ever ever ever ever wants to live in Houston or South Texas humidity and heat ever again :)

AG: Ya, the dogs are cute but I'm their mom, have to say that :D

Marky, sending an email for the Red-Handed micro :D

And when did you say the GeoEvent is going to be held :) ? Its in you backyard right B) ?? I will bring the brownies :D !

In all seriousness, my intention is to hold an event at my place. I got 20 acres for people to set up campers and tents (find a spot without the prickly pear cactus :) ). I'm thinking 2009, I need to finish up school, save up a couple $$$, and research and plan for the event, will have a coin for it too :) . Probably be set for a couple months after GW7. Need to think of a good name for it (something with Cowboy/Cowgirl/Wrangler in it, lol). Wonder if anyone would show up?

In all seriousness, my intention is to hold an event at my place. I got 20 acres for people to set up campers and tents (find a spot without the prickly pear cactus :) ). I'm thinking 2009, I need to finish up school, save up a couple $$$, and research and plan for the event, will have a coin for it too :) . Probably be set for a couple months after GW7. Need to think of a good name for it (something with Cowboy/Cowgirl/Wrangler in it, lol). Wonder if anyone would show up?

We definitely would. Dibs on the camper.

We definitely would. Dibs on the camper.

Forget the camper. Dibs onthe house. :)

Yeah, road trip in 2009. I'm in.

tsunrisegeorodeo.

Have a Grand Ole GEORodeo!!

On the rode we go to the next georodeo.................

OHHHHHHHH, that gives me a great idea (s)! I could set up a "bull" (rope type), a little friendly competition for bull riding. Rope a cache? Barrel Racing=Cache racing, mutton bustin' for the little ones, Team Roping= Team caching competitions, ..... oh man, I'll never sleep tonight, lol.

I'll need to win the lottery to fund this :) Which reminds me..... I better buy those lotto tickets tonight (wink, wink).

Marky, sending an email for the Red-Handed micro :D

I know how you feel. I keep going on about where we live, I'm sure people are sick of it. :) My family tells me to stop because we don't want more people moving in, it's already starting to get too crowded, mostly from people from California and the Seattle area. :):D

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I love seeing the beauty of different areas. If life is going the way I'd like, I'd be interested in heading over there for an event in '09, you're pretty close to us. But that's so far in the future, who knows. Keep us informed in the forums if you pin down a date! :D

Edited by Ambrosia

OH, Steph, do it and give me a LONNNNNG time notice and we'll try to get there. What's the nearest international airport? Airfare ain't cheap, so gotta have enough notice to save for tix!

Hmmm... wonder what it would cost to get us both there along with the kidlets... Anyone have room for a family of 5 who'd be flying in from Sweden? *oh Lord, I can't believe we're gonna have another kidlet*

I would love to come back and spent time there.

I been in MtnAnna and I loved it.

I was there in 2005 and 2006.

Following in the footsteps of Lewis and Clark.

We toured around the whole state and found many beautiful things.

And had the best adventure ever.

Keep us informed on the event.

I would love to go to the first ever.................................

GEORODEO.

I can see my horse now...

In all seriousness, my intention is to hold an event at my place. I got 20 acres for people to set up campers and tents (find a spot without the prickly pear cactus :o ). I'm thinking 2009, I need to finish up school, save up a couple $$$, and research and plan for the event, will have a coin for it too :) . Probably be set for a couple months after GW7. Need to think of a good name for it (something with Cowboy/Cowgirl/Wrangler in it, lol). Wonder if anyone would show up?

Well of course I would be there! Sounds like a great time. Bringing the tent and kids! :D

In all seriousness, my intention is to hold an event at my place. I got 20 acres for people to set up campers and tents (find a spot without the prickly pear cactus :( ). I'm thinking 2009, I need to finish up school, save up a couple $$$, and research and plan for the event, will have a coin for it too :unsure: . Probably be set for a couple months after GW7. Need to think of a good name for it (something with Cowboy/Cowgirl/Wrangler in it, lol). Wonder if anyone would show up?

If we can ride up through the Redwoods again Rgbgal and I will be there. We just did the desert side of OR, ID and WA but decided we liked the tall trees best.

Sorry to see your wildfire is still raging out there. We've got one here that's been giving us gorgeous sunrises and sunsets since July 4th!!