Geocoin's 6th Anniversary Secret Mission

Cheesy pigs

The mailperson arrived yesterday with this strange lumpy white international padded envelope...I figured it was some coins I had ordered from Germany, until I took a closer look...Tasmania???

I opened it up to find a most beautiful gift tag saying "Happy 6 Geocoin Anniversary"...oh wow, a lovely bookmark with a picture of a Giant Petrel feather lying on Cotula leaves...a booklet of photographs of Cradle Mountain...some Tasmanian rocks...all of the above instantly claimed by the Omi half of the team...she loved it all, and, adored the rocks!! A a small white gift box...which I opened to find...an Artist Edition Independence Day coin and an AE? Bronze Zion Nation Park Round!!!! I cannot thank you enough...my geocoin buddy is just too generous...I am absolutely overwhelmed...Thank You, Thank You, Thank You...my secret geocoin anniversary buddy...am I right that there might be some pork involved in this package??

Still waiting on my secord mission, but there is almost a month to go...lol

Wow! Got a great package today! This is what it looked like before I opened the nifty wrapped coins...

annivmission1.jpg

Then this is what it looked like after I opened it...

annivmission2.jpg

Thank you sooo much Anthus for the great coins that I didn't have! I got a forums version2 and an extra special laptop coin!!! Thanks a lot! I loved it!!

Tank Hounds

Wow! Got a great package today! This is what it looked like before I opened the nifty wrapped coins...

annivmission1.jpg

annivmission2.jpg

Thank you sooo much Anthus for the great coins that I didn't have! I got a forums version2 and an extra special laptop coin!!! Thanks a lot! I loved it!!

Tank Hounds

Glad you enjyed your special package :(

...Anthus

annivmission1.jpg

annivmission2.jpg

Tank Hounds

Drooool... So pretty...

1. Participating -> E-mail sent

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received!

Haven't received my mission yet, is that right? Sometimes this messages go right into my spam-box and I might have overlooked it... :rolleyes:

Steinwälzer

Got your email <_< As I haven't received any more requests to join this mission, I'll start sending out recipients names and addresses. Another 20 packages! :rolleyes:

Also might be a good idea to think about sending your overseas packages soon...especially as the mail is notroiously unpredictable <_<

Participating- Yes

Received name- Yes

Mission complete- will be mailing shortly

Received package- YES!!!

I received a great package today in the mail. :rolleyes::unsure:<_<

-very nice penguin postcard (how did you know that I like penguins??? <_< )

-an adorable little tasmanian devil

-tasmanian devil magnet

-a couple of nifty led keychains

-a small bison tube (this could be fun and devious to hide :rolleyes: )

And some GREAT :(:D geocoins:

-Geocaching Dragon (looks like a sample coin, no tracking number)

-Tasmanian Devil Muggles Coin

-Kansas sunshine micro coin

Thanks so much my (not so secret) Geocoin Anniversary Person!!! :anibad::anibad: You did an awesome job with this package!!! It made my day!! I will try and get some photos up and posted.

**edited becasue I can't type

Edited by PengoFamily

First Mission

1. Participating--Email sent 7/20/07

2. Received Name - 7/23/07

3. Mission Complete- Not yet (will mail 9/3)

4. Package Received - Not yet

Second Mission

1. Participating--Email sent 8/22/07

2. Received Name - 8/28/07

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received

For those that have my name as a mission, I have no seeking list established but if you check my profile you will see all the coins the I have. Sorry but it is the best I can do at the moment.

:anitongue:Mission #1 :anitongue:

1. Participating- Yes

2. Received Name- Yes

3. Mission Complete- Yes

4. Package Received- Yes Mission 1 finished. Thank you! :rolleyes:

:(Mission #2 :(

1. Participating- Yes

2. Received Name- Yes

3. Mission Complete- Yes Mailed today

4. Package Received- Let the waiting begin. :(

:DMission #3 :D

1. Participating- Yes

2. Received Name- Yes

3. Mission Complete- Yes Mailed today

4. Package Received- Let the waiting begin. :D

Edited by 57chevy

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received!

I hope I can send out my mission at the end of the week! Unfortunately it is too late to do any tradings (as I would have to do them all overseas...), so I hope my secret mission person will like what I have chosen for them, even if it is not on their seeking list.

So far it is a lot of fun to put together a nice package :ph34r:

Steinwälzer

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete -> sent 30. August 07

4. Package Received!

The package started its journey around the world today! Too bad that I had to write all the things inside that I wrapped so nicely (I hope...) on that ugly green sticker on the envelope. I had read the customs homepage and decided that there was no need for that because it is a gift, but the person at the post office insisted that I had to fill out such a sticker... :D so if you receive an envelope with an ugly green sticker on it, don't read what is written on that sticker unless you want to kill the fun of what is inside :lol:

Anyway, I really enjoyed this part of the mission! Putting together a nice package was real fun for me, and I am waiting for the package to arrive at my secret person at least as much as I am waiting to receive my package!

Thank you so much for opening this mission again, Cheesy pigs!!! This is a wonderful thing to do!

Steinwälzer

Here is my seeking list if you can't read the link

\

geocredit card

cachoids (any)

icache

caching bug (scarab beetle)

nuttin better geocoin

scout knife geocoin

monopoly geocoin

never stop geocaching

new pocket pup micro

toilet paper coin

geocell

caching pill

kiss caches geocoin

snickers bar(when made)

geocoin hawaii 2007 aloha

belted king fisher

fluttershy butterfly!

anthus laptop

allegany state park geobash 2007

ultimate cache coin

geotoids

Atwell family butterfly

yemon yime

lady slippers

centris

any top of 40 geocoins

geojellies

gw5 chicks

the herd

tadpole geocoin

caching dollars $1 $2

fluttershy girls just want to have fun

Christmas present cache caching in the holidays

Hawaii Pineapple

Geocell

anything with parrots

Shopp99er shirt

Starfish coin

whaletail

darthis v2

lady slippers

dorkfish whale

Parrots (jimmy buffet)

Hawaii Pineapple

Moustik

Geocaching Zone will trade for individual or work something out for the whole set

evil mastermind

turletoes

hawaii micro

2007 nero

earth turtle

tiki masks

math pie coin

gnomes

ultimate cache

sanddollars v2

mini shells

baby loggerhead

sequoia

fleur de lis

caching is key

evil micro

dnf

red handed

pirahana forum coin

personals

naked cachers

racing coins

First Mission

1. Participating--Email sent 7/20/07

2. Received Name - 7/23/07

3. Mission Complete- Not yet (will mail 9/3)

4. Package Received - Arrived today (8/30)

So much cool stuff and coins that I had never seen before and a

necklace with my name on it.

Second Mission

1. Participating--Email sent 8/22/07

2. Received Name - 8/28/07

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received

For those that have my name as a mission, I have no seeking list established but if you check my profile you will see all the coins the I have. Sorry but it is the best I can do at the moment.

Second Round of Missions:

(#5)

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received

(#6)

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received

(#7)

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received

OOOOOHHHHHH MY GOODNESS......OH MY GOSH.....LOOKIE WHAT I GOT!!!! :blink::):D

6thanniversarygeocoinexchange.jpg

You spoiled me rotten,

For all I have gotten,

I'm blessed you drew my name!!

I'm gonna try,

Might have to be sly,

But its not over yet...this game!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH 57'CHEVY!!!

From the handmade necklace that I truly LOVE (with my NAME on it!!! woot!!), to your great sig items, for all the coins and caching supplies....even down to the cool potato head sticker you added to the box....you really went above and beyond and I am ever most grateful. Thank you for all your efforts, time and money!!! You rock!!!!

Happy Anniversary 57' Chevy :) LOL

Being new to geocaching and geocoins and not knowing anything about a 'secret mission', I read the thread with interest and envy of all the wonderful gifts everyone received. I hope one day I will be able to join you all in the fun. Does this sort of thing happen often or is it a rare occasion?

:anicute: They happen all the time.....but it doesn't make it any less special. You can pick and choose which ones you want to join. I think there is still Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas for this year.....plus a special one that seems to have disappeared.....Damenace, is your White Elephant Exchange still going ahead?

We received one of our mission packages (we played twice) and WOW was it ever cool!! We get a hint as to who our secret mission friend is....stamps on package are from Australia...all you great people from Australia put your hand up! I reached my hand inside and found...a Tasmanian Devil, fangs and all!, a Tasmanian Tiger sticker, a Dainty Green Tree Frog card, 2 geopins, a 2 gaily wrapped packages!!! Inside 1 was the "Preserve the Cache, Trade up or Even" coin, very nice! ....The other was FANTASTIC, a wish list coin "Last Cache of the Day" The other yooper LOVED IT!!

Thanks so VERY much to our most wonderful Autralian mission friend!

I just realized that whomever received my name is in a similar situation. I have no "seeking list", I like almost all of 'em. :) To get a good idea of what I have, you will have to look at both ClickChik and my own profiles though, since we share a collection. I imagine there are a few we haven't activated yet, but those would be ones I wouldn't expect to get in a package anyway. :)

I just realized that whomever received my name is in a similar situation. I have no "seeking list", I like almost all of 'em. :D To get a good idea of what I have, you will have to look at both ClickChik and my own profiles though, since we share a collection. I imagine there are a few we haven't activated yet, but those would be ones I wouldn't expect to get in a package anyway. :)

We too do not have a seeking list (interesting twist on English gramma :D ). This is our first mission and are looking for fun, artistic expression :D , mystery and surprise :).

#3. Mission is in the mail! 9/4/2007

#4. Recieved package over the weekend!

We went camping this weekend and attended the annual event here so we didn't bother checking the mail until Sunday? BUT when we did we were pleasantly suprised to find our Anniversary package!

Inside were a little hopper micro geocoin, a red handed micro and a Not another micro Geocoin! All welcome aditions to my collection! Thank you tw3nty3ight!

Again, being new to geocaching/geocoins and very interested in signing up for a secret mission in the near future, I was wondering if there was an 'unwritten rule' to all this? I noticed that many people got some very impressive packages in the mail - and obviously there are some generous hearts out there. Not knowing anything about this sort of thing, I would have just sent out the 2 coins and then felt just awful about it afterwards.

So to make sure I do this right down the road are there some things I should and shouldn't do to make sure I'm not the guy nobody wants to get chosen by? I know it's probably just the generous nature of all you folks but is it possible to have a 'mentor' when something like this comes around again?

Thanks and congratulations everyone - I had fun just reading about this event.

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete -> sent 30. August 07

4. Package Received!

The package started its journey around the world today! Too bad that I had to write all the things inside that I wrapped so nicely (I hope...) on that ugly green sticker on the envelope. I had read the customs homepage and decided that there was no need for that because it is a gift, but the person at the post office insisted that I had to fill out such a sticker... :D so if you receive an envelope with an ugly green sticker on it, don't read what is written on that sticker unless you want to kill the fun of what is inside :D

Anyway, I really enjoyed this part of the mission! Putting together a nice package was real fun for me, and I am waiting for the package to arrive at my secret person at least as much as I am waiting to receive my package!

Thank you so much for opening this mission again, Cheesy pigs!!! This is a wonderful thing to do!

Steinwälzer

You'll be happy to hear that your package arrived safely at our house today...thank-you Steinwälzer! I wasn't expecting the confetti, and managed to spill it all over the carpet. LOL! Heather thought that was GREAT! I loved the individually wrapped packages with the wax seals...very classy! We snagged your traveling coin from your inventory and dropped it off in one of our caches while doing a maintenance run today. We'll be adding it to our watchlist to see how far it goes. Not only did we receive 3 coins that we did not have (travel slug, forum treverorum, and gecacher's evolution), but we also received some dragon "treasure", a notebook/pen, a pin and some old Germen coins attached to glow in the dark stars (with each of our names on them!). Thanks for the AWESOME package!

Before opening

DSC00975.jpg

After opening

DSC00976.jpg

Fogot to add that we sent our second mission out today!

Edited by DresselDragons

#3. Mission is in the mail! 9/4/2007

#4. Recieved package over the weekend!

We went camping this weekend and attended the annual event here so we didn't bother checking the mail until Sunday? BUT when we did we were pleasantly suprised to find our Anniversary package!

Inside were a little hopper micro geocoin, a red handed micro and a Not another micro Geocoin! All welcome aditions to my collection! Thank you tw3nty3ight!

Glad you liked it zazth!!!

I wasn't expecting the confetti, and managed to spill it all over the carpet. LOL! Heather thought that was GREAT!

;) I refused to write that on the green sticker, too ;)

We snagged your traveling coin from your inventory and dropped it off in one of our caches while doing a maintenance run today. We'll be adding it to our watchlist to see how far it goes.

Thanks a lot!!!

Thanks for the AWESOME package!

I am happy you like it!

For me this first mission was fun and pleasure and for sure not my last mission. Thanks Cheesy pigs for arranging this and opening it up again!!!

Steinwälzer

1. Participating -> E-mail sent 08/22/2007

2. Received Name -> Received 08/28/2007

3. Mission Complete - > Not yet

4. Package Received! -> Received 09/04/2007

Life's been too busy to get pictures yet, or to get mne out in the mail yet. I hope to make it to the post ffice on my way to the dentist tomorrow... I wil see what I can do to get pictures out soon too!