USA/CANADA Celebration Geocoins

Dr. Whoever

NEW USA/CANADA Celebration Geocoins !!

The Special Editions SOLD OUT in less than 12 hours! I just re-ordered 100 more...give it about 3 weeks and once again thanks for the incredible response to these coins.

Announcing: The New USA/CANADA Celebration Geocoins Available NOW at: USA/CANADA Celebration Geocoins

ACTIVATION CODES AT: www.castlecoinsandpins.com/activate/

Anyone who signs up for the newsletter on my site will get the chance at discount coupons for every new edition we put out. I will draw names randomly from my Geo-Jar of newsletter subscribers and two lucky subscribers will then be sent a discount coupon.

These exceptional 1.5” x 3.0mm Imitation Hard Enamel Geocoins sport multiple different enamels with multi-layer raised and recessed levels. These fabulous geocoins are very special to me as they celebrate both the USA and CANADA on the same coin. The reason they are this special is my household is made up of both Canadian and American citizens so you get both the July 4th Independence Day and July 1st Canada Day on every coin. One side has the Statue of Liberty and USA “Stars & Stripes” Flag all done in a mix of translucent and imitation hard enamels and the other side has the beautiful Maple Leaf Canadian Flag with the Aurora Borealis in the background. The pictures will NEVER do these coins justice as many of you have seen with our coins. There are two regular versions: Gold and Chrome. A Special Edition Gold finish was minted with glittering enamels on the flags and for an artist proof available only from Paula is a very limited edition of Copper.

Trackable at geocaching.com with a Unique Icon.

Price: $8.50 for the Regular Editions and $10.00 for the Special Edition

Shipping: Our Standard $2.00 USA and Canada for the first coin and just $.50 each additional coin (USA), $.75 each additional coin (Canada). WORLDWIDE: $3.50 first coin and just $1.00 each additional coin.

6a16d0a0-96b9-4d8b-a00a-dccc88880511.jpg

2290e894-9595-4515-9f31-8775166a7bde.jpg

a0f08e42-8142-4180-a474-38da28600888.jpg

Edited by Castle Man

I like the idea of a Canadian/American coin, but I already have a different one, and the Canadian side is not as much what I'd like to represent Canada ... eg. the auroraborealis is not as good as it could be. Another symbol would have been better.

Nice coin anyway though, and just so you know I've only bought 7 coins ever. If I bought a coin a month, this would be one of them.

We struggled with what to represent the Canada side, and after taking a vote from some Canadian Cachers - the Aurora won as something identifiable, and classy - we didnt want cutesy or busy! LOL

The translucents are always more lovely in person - and Im pleased with this coin!

Glad I saw this topic when I did & got my order in. I see there are only 2 LEs left now.

So, what does one have to offer for a copper? :lol:

I just added 15 more Special Editions to the site. Grab them fast. These are almost sold out in less than 3 hours.

Trades Castle Man or anyone else. Slimming Down to US and Canada coins and then you do this to me, how could you.

Please someone trade me... :lol:

I have a nice United We Stand - US and Canada coin to go this this one. It is yours, would make a nice set.

Ordered an extra Special Edition just for you! I got 2 LE's and 1 Chrome...Once again...GREAT ONE Team Castleboxers! :):(:( Thanks!

Dang it!!! I was gonna try to stop buying coins for a week or so...then of course i followed the link and then I saw the Perfect Wx coins, and The Letterbox coin and the pink earing (for the wife) and USA Canada coins ....ARGHH!!! Ordered Nice looking coins ;)

Wow... i worked a trade for this coin before the oter person had them shipped. I already have it. That was fast. Can i say WOW again... The pictures are nice but the coin is a beautiful coin. I may need to get another or 2 (one to keep , and one to drop in CND and USA.

Thanks for making such a beatiful coin.

Thank you all for the incredible comments. I just had to make this one. I've been thinking about it for quite a while and then Paula pulled off some fantastic artwork to make it happen.

100 more of the special editions will be here in about 2 more weeks

Well, wouldnt that be why its called a 'Special Edition' rather than a LIMITED edition? The special edition has features slightly different than the regular coin, but we didn't want to call them limited for a reason - meaning, we wanted there to be enough for everyone to have one if they wanted.

Thanks for the head shake, but for us, LIMITED means LIMITED, and not reminted. Special, means we added a feature to the coin - perhaps something we wanted to try with a finish, or metal. And sometimes the response warrents making enough for all those who WANT that feature - as with this coin.

I think they are pretty darn special, but thats just me!

Thanks for the input, but rest assured when we say LIMITED, it MEANS Limited.

Glad I didn't buy any then.

Q: What's "special" about a limited or special edition if it's reminted?

A: Nothing

/shakes head

I agree AG. I think if you are going to use the word "special" don't change the meaning later or be upfront about your intentions.

Glad I passed on this coin from the beginning.

Again.. sorry you feel that way, but we specifically did NOT label this a limited edition - and if you check back to other coins - limiteds are JUST that, limited.

And remember, the value of ANY coin is only in its meaning to the owner, or to someone seeking it. Since these are simply collectables, the 'value' is not exactly something tangible to anyone other than a collector.

I would always encourage people to buy only coins they like, not for the 'worth' or the 'ebay-ability' of an edition. Whats REALLY a shame is that some people specifically buy 'limiteds' or other editions just to make a buck on the auction sites.

Making MORE of an edition does nothing to decrease its value to someone who loves the design, it only decreases its value to those who wanted to make a buck reselling it, so... I can't feel too bad about this debate.

Oh, and I thought I should specifically add:

Special Edition -

an extra edition that differs from the regular format

Limited Edition -

an edition limited to a specified small number of copies

We have specifically used the term "LIMITED EDITION" for many coins, which have not, and will not be reminted.

We also chose to NOT limit the Special Edition coins - the difference is glitter enamel. When we originally 'previewed' the art to a number of people,

we were not sure which would be more desirable, the translucent enamel, or the glitter, but we did NOT want to limit them, in case people wanted both.

Whats worse, making more of a coin people like, or not making enough? Id rather see people be able to easily buy a coin they like, than to have to turn to an auction.

But, I felt the need to clarify - Castle Man is a pretty classy guy, and misleading, he is not. There was no change of meaning, and Id be happy to point anyone to several posts where coins were indeed made in LIMITED editions, and it was clearly stated.

But, on the tone of the past few posts, Id like to refer to another thread...

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...&hl=piranha

Edited by CinemaBoxers

Well, wouldnt that be why its called a 'Special Edition' rather than a LIMITED edition?

Semantics.

It's quite misleading to say the very least. And seems to be an ever increasing issue with some of the coin sellers.

Making MORE of an edition does nothing to decrease its value to someone who loves the design, it only decreases its value to those who wanted to make a buck reselling it, so... I can't feel too bad about this debate.

PCTKB

By minting more, the original seller is simply more interested in making "a buck" than in the integrity and honesty of their posted minting numbers. And yes, it does decrease it's value. If it's all about "love of the design" then sell them at cost or give them away for free. Yeah... didn't think so :blink:

Edited by AtlantaGal

Semantics.

It's quite misleading to say the very least. And seems to be an ever increasing issue with some of the coin sellers.

PCTKB

By minting more, the original seller is simply more interested in making "a buck" than in the integrity and honesty of their posted minting numbers. And yes, it does decrease it's value. If it's all about "love of the design" then sell them at cost or give them away for free. Yeah... didn't think so :blink:

I'll agree to disagree....

Things that are misleading?? How about these...

Misleading is minting a LIMITED edition, and then adding more.

Misleading is NOT making enough of a coin for the sake of increasing demand.

In this case, it was specifically because of requests for more coins that we decided to make more of the special editions. Not semantics - if it was LIMITED we would have said it was limited - its merely different.

We had originally toyed with making this coin completely and ONLY in translucents.

Might I then ask what is the politically correct term to call a finish thats slightly different than the original, yet not limited? How about "The special, but not limited edition" or the "Slightly different, but not really limited finish"

Please do let me know, as to not offend anyone whos a little sensitive.

As for profit, heck, those people who buy, or trade coins for the sake of eBay are the ones concerned the most with profit (and numbers). Im sure we could make an entire run of coins and sell them ALL on ebay if we so chose, but, thats not why we do this.

It all comes down to this.. if you dont like it, dont buy it.

And please note, when we do an LE, we are specific about numbers, and the fact that NO MORE will be made.

This is the first time we have EVER done a 'Special Edition', and we will likely do more. I think the two terms are pretty clear now, and there should be no future confusion. We will also continue with LIMITED editions.

Our special editions are usually finishes or metals that have been suggested, or requested when we have shared the coin art in the Chat room.These are finishes that we may have not thought of ourselves, or that we aren't 100% sure we want to do the ENTIRE run in. What better way to show the importance of customer input than to create an edition from the suggestions or request of those who purchase the coins?!

:)

WOW! I am sorry to see this thread turn into a debate. We really like these coins and ordered 1 of each. I think Paula does a really great job designing coins like these for Castle Man.

If they feel the need to mint more 'special' edition coins then by all means go for it!! If more people can get the coins, at a very reasonable price I may add, before they are sold on e-place for maybe twice that, then I see no problem with it. Plus I didn't find anywhere in this thread or on Castle Man's website where it says these were limited.

If you like the coin buy it, if you don't like it don't buy it. Just our 2 cents, even though some may try to get 3 1/2 or 4 cents for it on e-place. :blink::)

Thanks PF -

I guess the bottom line is, the only people concerned about the 'decreased value' of a coin, are those who are planning on reselling them. If I buy a coin for myself, to activate and enjoy in my own collection, Im not concerned about its 'value' or resale cost.

We make coins for people to collect, enjoy, and for traveling - not for the purpose of padding anyones pockets on resale ability. Again, not to sound rude, but Id rather see enough to go around, and have the majority be happy than a select few who are concerned about numbers.

Ands thats about all I have to say about that! :blink:

Thanks PF -

I guess the bottom line is, the only people concerned about the 'decreased value' of a coin, are those who are planning on reselling them. If I buy a coin for myself, to activate and enjoy in my own collection, Im not concerned about its 'value' or resale cost.

We make coins for people to collect, enjoy, and for traveling - not for the purpose of padding anyones pockets on resale ability. Again, not to sound rude, but Id rather see enough to go around, and have the majority be happy than a select few who are concerned about numbers.

The way that I see this is that it was not an issue of semantics nor an issue of misleading. I think that the seller introduced a term ( special ) that was sincerely intended to be different from LE and that term was misinterpreted by AG ( and me as well, probably others ).

Personally, I don't buy the "If you don't like it don't buy it argument", particularly in this case. AG, as a consumer gave you feedback. The result? The seller clarified the difference between special and LE. Perfect, nothing wrong with that. Hopefully this difference has made it to the first post ( looks like it hasn't, :) ).

As for resale ability, the special edition coin costs more, obviously it's resale value is more than the regular and that price difference will probably be reflected in ePlace sales.

As for padding pockets, I'm sure that the special edition cost more to produce, but I'm skeptical that it cost $1.50 more, :)

Anyway, the coin is VERY cool and I'm glad that I bought both versions.

Edited by nicolo

Thanks PF -

Well, again, you are wrong. I didn't buy this coin because I don't find it pretty at all and have no desire to put it into my collection. Neither individual who talked about the quantity of the coins purchased them so I really don't see how you can make statements about reselling the coins to pad pockets. I'm going to reserve the rest of my comments about this company to myself.

Well, again, you are wrong. I didn't buy this coin because I don't find it pretty at all and have no desire to put it into my collection. Neither individual who talked about the quantity of the coins purchased them so I really don't see how you can make statements about reselling the coins to pad pockets. I'm going to reserve the rest of my comments about this company to myself.

Well, some of us live by the philosophy "If you dont have anything nice to say..." but, not all of us learned this.

I also don't believe I mentioned anything about anyone specifically ON this thread padding their pockets, but I do know that situations like that are often the case.

And thanks for reserving your comments in future posts as from this post, it doesnt look like theres anything constructive to offer.

As far as this coin goes, I've gotten enough lovely comments from people, and I personally love it.

Im sure many people's opinions differ on what they like, or dislike.... but Im not one to ever point out I dislike a coin for the sake of hearing myself talk. Im glad this one won't be 'soiling' your collection.... but theres enough people out there who like it, and those are the folks we made it for!

As far as other comments, theres not alot of negative things to say about CastleMans practices - he ships incredibly fast, and listens to his customers. Those are the two most important qualities in my opinion at least. Ethics in sales outweighs a misinterpretation in a descriptive phrase. If your biggest issue is 'special' vs. 'limited' thats a minor complaint IMO. :blink:

Im sure CM will have something to say after he gets home from enjoying his day! Im about to head out and enjoy mine! All the negativity over nothing is enough to get pretty old fast.

Anyone that has said anything about your coin that you don't agree with you call it negative. Your posts have been nothing but negative as far as responding to someone that doesn't agree with you. I wanted to thank you for your personal attack, very nice.

Edited by LadeBear68

OK :blink:

My posts just clarified a misunderstanding. Nothing more.

But now... its beating a dead horse.

---- And by the way - no personal attack from me, just returning my comment in the same style I was addressed in. But, I do think that if I went on any other thread here, and posted that "I won't buy this coin because I don't find it pretty at all and have no desire to put it into my collection" that would indeed be considered an attack, or at least a VERY negative, and unwarranted comment.

Edited by CinemaBoxers

I happen to think it looks gorgeous, and am beginning (being relatively new to the coin craze) to expect fantastic things from Paula and Castle Man both. I can't wait for my coin to arrive!

And its kind of upsetting to see how things turn nasty...course I buy the coins b/c i like them and not because of any perceived resale value :D and can't really understand being willing to part with them anyway :ph34r: In fact i think it's a great thing that they decided to make "special" coins instead of "limited" coins; and I would certainly hope they'd be more concerned with the coin fanatics enjoyment of these silly little scraps of metal and our ability to get our grubby little hands on them...and as for the comment on giving them away...uh, somehow the lights need to stay on?

Glad I didn't buy any then.

Q: What's "special" about a limited or special edition if it's reminted?

A: Nothing

/shakes head

I agree AG. I think if you are going to use the word "special" don't change the meaning later or be upfront about your intentions.

Glad I passed on this coin from the beginning.

??? I go out for a great day of caching and come home to this. Please show me where it is stated this "Special Edition" coin is supposed to be limited in numbers.

We started using the term special edition instead of limited edition because we add some extra or different elements in the design that is a little more special than just regular enamels. By calling these coins special editions we DO NOT attempt to sway or mislead anyone in thinking they are getting a LIMITED number.

As far as change, mislead or company practice. Not sure what you are talking about. Please by all means re-read the original post and point out to me where it indicates a limit on the numbers except for Paula's artist proof coins. Sounds to me like someone is grabbing at straws with these comments.

Time for a cup of good coffee and put this discussion to rest.

I got my SE's yesterday!!! They are great, I like em much more than the Regular edition! I got 1 Reg. and 2 SE's and if I was to reorder any for trade or gifts, I would want the SE, just because it looks so much better!

I think that there are so many little abreviations for coin production i.e.-SE RE ME AE LE XLE, that people havent put a definition to the abreviation. (well to the SE anyways) I was wondering about it just this morning, before I read this post! I could see that a "Special" edition could go for re-mint now that thats cleared up. I would have only suspected that it was Limited as well.

Just so ya know, I have talked with Castleman about finances, and he doesnt do this stuff to make money, he does it because its his hobby, he likes to make coins and as you have seen-Make people happy.

As for the SE, Im sure people will be happy he made a few more for them to get one on their collection! I know Im gifting one of mine, in hopes that I can get another one of those Shiny, Glittering SE's later!...Thanks Castleman :D

Dang it!!! I was gonna try to stop buying coins for a week or so...then of course i followed the link and then I saw the Perfect Wx coins, and The Letterbox coin and the pink earing (for the wife) and USA Canada coins ....ARGHH!!! Ordered Nice looking coins :D

:D i was thinking the same thing but since i know some of the things to come i just gave up and decided to look at this as adding another bill i will pay every month :D

Hey Castleman and Paula, keep up the excellent work and don't even bother with the negative because the talking still goes on but the coins are gone so what does that say :D:lol: i think you should make a mickey proof Ultra Limited Edition on every coin that is made so i can better enjoy all my great coins you guys put together.

Yes, Castle Man & Cinema Boxers, please continue to produce stunning coins at fair prices with outstanding service and just ignore the vitriolic minority. I'm delighted to hear you are minting more coins so that cachers who want them can get them. Bravo.