GeoJellies 2

pghlooking

Well with GW5 long gone, and the bean in everyone's hands, I am ready to begin work on the next bean.

It will have a black nickel finish as soppsed to the shiney silver nickel finsh on the first one. Coins will be $5.25 a piece with a minimum order of 20 beans. Flavors are completely open and up to you. This is not a continuation but rather a new run of these coins so anything that happened with the first bean, stays with the first bean.

I have started a Yahoo group for this project as I did with the first bean. If you are interested in joining the group and wish to have a bean made, then send me an email through my player account containg the email address you wish to have an invite sent to. Posting here won't get you in the group, but will help to spread the word since some said they missed the announcement last time. Bumping a bean isn't a bad thing! :)

I look forward to the influx of emails about joining.

will the new group be able to choose the same beans as the 1st group had or are they not allowed to have ours just wondering

Unfortunately, the flavor you had in the first group is available to anyone in the second group.

The second run of coins will be minted with a black nickel finish, so they will be different from the first run.

looks like i will have to join to keep my own bubble gum email on its way

I hate to be the bearer of bad news...but it was already picked. (No not me!)

POST#200!!!!!!!

oh no your kiddin :(

This might be a good time to let EVERYBODY from the original GeoJellies group, the ones that supported the entire project from the beginning, know that their flavor can, and in some cases already has been taken by somebody else who will be producing a coin with the same flavor, maybe even the same colors as the coins they designed and paid for in the first round.

POST#200!!!!!!!

This might be a good time to let EVERYBODY from the original GeoJellies group, the ones that supported the entire project from the beginning, know that their flavor can, and in some cases already has been taken by somebody else who will be producing a coin with the same flavor, maybe even the same colors as the coins they designed and paid for in the first round.

Just to ease some of you concern, MOST of us made up our own Jelly names. Obviously you are upset about the new group having the same names and possibly the same colors. Maybe you could try dropping pghlooking a quick email about your concerns. Most of us are reasonable and easy to get along with and quite honestly I can understand where you are coming from. Even with a different metal finish, I don't want the same jelly name as anyone else and if a 3rd group were to be minted, I wouldn't want anyone taking my name and having the same colors. Being a member of the second group (I never even knew there was a geojelly group until the thread was posted), maybe you could offer/pose a solution that if someone picks a name that has been used; say "cotton candy", that it be altered in some way...."cotton pickin candy". Hey, just my 2 cents.....

tsun :(

POST#200!!!!!!!

Just to ease some of you concern, MOST of us made up our own Jelly names. Obviously you are upset about the new group having the same names and possibly the same colors. Maybe you could try dropping pghlooking a quick email about your concerns. Most of us are reasonable and easy to get along with and quite honestly I can understand where you are coming from. Even with a different metal finish, I don't want the same jelly name as anyone else and if a 3rd group were to be minted, I wouldn't want anyone taking my name and having the same colors. Being a member of the second group (I never even knew there was a geojelly group until the thread was posted), maybe you could offer/pose a solution that if someone picks a name that has been used; say "cotton candy", that it be altered in some way...."cotton pickin candy". Hey, just my 2 cents.....

Just to play devil's advocate here, the flavors that seem to be in conflict are actual jelly belly bean flavors Jelly Belly's Official 50 Flavors, cotton candy and bubble gum come to mind. Maybe root beer too? So are they really original to the first group? Ones that people created, not real flavors, don't seem to be getting recycled.

I personally am not a fan of recycling a previously minted flavor, but if one of them had been my absolute real life favorite flavor and I was allowed to use it, I guess I might be tempted.

I made my own flavor that in no way is a take off or reuse of any one else's.

Three Cheers for Originality!!!

And just for the record, imitation is the highest form of flattery!!!

Uh oh, Scaw, it looks like I have stepped on someone's geocoin! I am the one who picked bubble gum. I wanted that flavor from round 1, but I was too late to pick, much less join in! I was happy to read in the forums that there was going to be a GeoJellies 2 and I was elated when I found out we were starting all over with the flavor choices.

However, having said that, If it really bothers you, I would be willing to change the name to Bazooka or Double Bubble or bubblelicous instead of bubble gum. I didn't realize that owning a certain color/name was that big a deal on a geocoin. :(

As for color, well, the funny thing is I emailed you about your color before I read the forums. I still want to use a glitter pink color, but if you don't want me to use yours, I'll pink another glitter pink color that is similar (if there is one). I love glitter colors, so I do have to have that.

We came up with our own flavor, just to avoid the whole issue of taking someone elses flavor from the first round. pgh posted a list on the original geo-jellie thread of who from the 1st round picked what, so when choosing your flavor you might want to look at that list.

First Group

* pghlooking - Red Apple

* Scaw - Bubble Gum

* Mauison - Crushed Pineapple

* Team Macha - Dr. Pepper

* TMOCM - Watermelon

* HeroKid - Plum

* MrIceMan - Butter Popcorn

* DresselDragons - Toasted Marshmallow

* DDs - Heather -Sprite

* DDs - Brenda - Berry Blue

* Rivercity - Berry Blue

* Radioactive Coconut - Coconut

* CachingCoins - Root Berr

* CachingCoins - Strawberry Cheescacke

* CachingCoins - Pink Lemonade

* 3D's & a Pokey - Orange Sherbet

* Tanks Hounds - Green Apple

* YemonYime - Citrus Ridiculous

* skyraider - Blueberry

* cainrcc - Grape Jelly

* keewee - Kiwi Fruit

* keewee - Radioactive Kiwi Fruit

* token collector - Raspberry

* token collector - Toxic Waste

* beagle_camper - Sour Lemon

* Sandtracker - Top Banana

* TakeNotes - Licorice

* nielsenc - Peanut Butter

* Rick618 - Tangy Tangerine

* RN2B - Island Punch

* Rick618 - Sizzling Cinnamon

* theSloth304 - Wild Blackberry

* QUACK ATTACK - Earthworm

* terratoads - dirt

* thebuddhaman - sweet tea

* Mrs. Buddhaman - sour grape

* teamwebpirate - moose

* Shadow'sownerTim - black cow

* Rock_Rat - Key Lime

* wvhunter - Ear Wax

* Go JayBeee - Black Pepper

* Frivlas - Juicy Pear

* MysticOne - Butter Rum

* Steel City Babes - Very Cherry

* Anthus - Bodacious Berry

* Team Run& Rescue - Cookie Dough

* MELSDAD - Hot Sauce

* Rebel Biker Girl - Black Leather

* Ms. PennyPacker - Cotton Candy

* PennyPacker - Margarita

* TeamOVCacher - Antifreeze

* SAMrGrits - Orange Juice

* ParentsofSAM - Mango

* Zeute - Lemon Balm

* chaosmanor - Carmel Corn

* Ratjumper - Mountain Dew

* Ratjumper - Cream Soda

* ~tasia~ - Lemon Drop

* UNKNOWN - Vomit

I showed interest in the first making of this coin but could not continue because I did not have the money at the time. I also kept asking when or if a second run was done and when I saw that a second one was done, I picked the flavor that I had loved since before I could remember. I am sorry to see some people are mad about this and I do not really understand the anger. The coin is not a copy of the orginal but new name, metal, and tracking.

It looks like DDs-Brenda and Rivercity picked the same flavor but different colors from the first GeoJellies group. I don't recall anyone saying anything about that.

BTW, Brenda from DDs mentioned a good idea about Group 2 trading with Group 1 if they picked the same color. I thought that was a fun idea.

Also, I think with the black Nickel finish they will look different. I am not a big fan of black Ni and if I had had a choice, I wouldn't have picked that metal. However, I think they will still look nice.

It looks like DDs-Brenda and Rivercity picked the same flavor but different colors from the first GeoJellies group. I don't recall anyone saying anything about that.

BTW, Brenda from DDs mentioned a good idea about Group 2 trading with Group 1 if they picked the same color. I thought that was a fun idea.

Also, I think with the black Nickel finish they will look different. I am not a big fan of black Ni and if I had had a choice, I wouldn't have picked that metal. However, I think they will still look nice.

Somewhere it was mentioned that RiverCity and my daughter Brenda had the same flavor...I don't remember where (here, on the jellies forum, I dunno). Brenda was okay with it, and so was RiverCity (we emailed her about it when we found out). Since we used one of the official flavors in round 1, we thought that it would be fun to trade with whoever (if anyone) from round 2 picked the berry blue flavor.

This is just my opinion, but if you are choosing a flavor that was already made in round 1 (see list posted in an earlier message), I think that it would be common courtesy to contact the original cacher that minted that coin, to make sure that they were not planning on joining the group to mint more. Not everyone reads the forums every day, and might have just learned about the V2 jellies.

You are exactly right. I mayb run the group, but I early on I realized people anted freedom to choose. I did not check for double flavors or colors on the first run. this being a seperate coin issue with a different metal and different icon, I am choosing not to start micro managing this project either. I would hope that if a person joins that was in the first group, they would be given the option of having their original flavor without me having to get involved. I will say that I would side with the original person, provided they joined the second group in a timely fashion. If they waited till the last minute and tried to oust someone, then I would assume they weren't real concerned with it.

What it boils down to is nothing more than a person choice. I would love to see some very creative ideas for flavors, rather than just jumping on something because you can. That being said, it's just a coin.

well i have joined the group and have put down for bubble gum again i am going to email degai in a second to discuss this privately I never anywhere said i was angry at the end of the day its a bit of metal worse things in the world are happening

well i have joined the group and have put down for bubble gum again i am going to email degai in a second to discuss this privately I never anywhere said i was angry at the end of the day its a bit of metal worse things in the world are happening

No you aren't angry, and sorry if I made it sound as if it was you. you are way too sweet to be angry.

POST#200!!!!!!!

Not upset. Disappointed. I have brought the issue up in the Jellies Group. I've read the replies here & there. I'm trying to see both sides. Fact is, *I* would never have chosen a flavor that somebody used previously. In my eyes, that flavor is taken, whether it's a gold, silver or black coin, the 'flavor' is off the table. While the coins (let's remember - they're just coins - agreed) are not 'true' personals, they were in the beginning, unique. I chose Cotton Candy as a surprise gift for Ms. PennyPacker. She loves pink, loves accompanying me while caching and loves tracking coins. She loves HER new 'personal' coins.

Tell you what, pick ANY personal coin in the community that has a cachers name on it, replace the name with yours (not you specifically), keep the artwork the same and change the finish of the metal. See how that works with the original 'owner' of the coin.

I don't see any relevance to where the flavor name came from, original or made-up, it's already taken. And at this point, it's gone too far. Too much has been made of it, it's a no-win situation.

I'll leave the rest of the discussion to the GeoJellies Yahoo Group.

i have supplied the exact colour to Degai and if we both do bubble gum its fine i hope they might change to bazuka or something but if they dont well its a bit of metal (all be it a lovely cute bit) and it aint worth falling out over.............

now please back to the topic of geo jellies 2

To all out there-I do believe Scaw and I have worked out the issue. It seems that others were more upset about it than we were.

In fact, I didn't look at the GeoJellies like a "personal" coin. The design is not unique to one person. It was designed for an entire group of people who just added their geonick and a flavor. Truly, not a big deal to me. I will definitely use another name for my flavor. I absolutely have no problems with that.