South Lancs hits 300 caches within 10 miles...

PopUpPirate

As someone who also lives in this area (Blackrod) I find the problem is with having so many is that when you get a free afternoon to go caching (a rarity for me) as I did this Sunday then I suddenly feel a sense of panic as I can't decide which ones to do. I almost feel like a rabbit stuck in headlights, then the longer you spend thinking about it the less time you have to go!

In the end I went for Lolly's Muppet show series and me and the little lad enjoyed finding all five of them.

This is where I hate living on a penninsula... if it wasn't for that pesky water, I'm sure we'd have more than Chorley!! From my home coords I have 185 within 10 miles and I'm surrounded by water!

Aye, but it's because you're all surrounded by water there that the Wirral has always been flooded with caches. It's because it's a PITA to get to anywhere from there that it gets packed so much! I lost count of the number of times we cleared it (in the early days!), only for it to be full again a month later.

T

11 months ago were 100... 2 months ago were 200... now there's 300 caches within 10 miles of me house.... gone barmy!!! ;) Keep 'em coming, I say!!! :D

What's the UK record area?

Now then, I only live 12 miles or so south of PUP yet I only have 116 caches within ten miles of my house, 18 of which are mine. How unfair is that? :laughing:

Oh well, it's back to Chorley and/or Wigan for me I think :laughing:

11 months ago were 100... 2 months ago were 200... now there's 300 caches within 10 miles of me house.... gone barmy!!! :laughing: Keep 'em coming, I say!!! ;)

Now then, I only live 12 miles or so south of PUP yet I only have 116 caches within ten miles of my house, 18 of which are mine. How unfair is that? :D

Oh well, it's back to Chorley and/or Wigan for me I think :D

Either that or ask Lollybob nicely to move house a short distance south-west :D:laughing::D

This is where I hate living on a penninsula... if it wasn't for that pesky water, I'm sure we'd have more than Chorley!! From my home coords I have 185 within 10 miles and I'm surrounded by water!

Aye, but it's because you're all surrounded by water there that the Wirral has always been flooded with caches. It's because it's a PITA to get to anywhere from there that it gets packed so much! I lost count of the number of times we cleared it (in the early days!), only for it to be full again a month later.

T

That's very true Becky - hadn't thought of that!!

Yay for being surrounded by water!!

11 months ago were 100... 2 months ago were 200... now there's 300 caches within 10 miles of me house.... gone barmy!!! :D Keep 'em coming, I say!!! :D

I only have 264 from my home address. C'mon Lolly your slacking a bit around here :)

Gary we left the area around here for you to fill, but you have to admit that Chorley is 10 pots of paint nicer to cache than around Wigan.

There is going to be a new cache around here soon tho Gary, GeoDec wants to place one, he is only 8 and has been caching with us a few times now. He brought around a cache container the other night for his first hide. It was a non waterproof plastic container that was bright yellow and had a mirror on the side. He had put a few swaps in it and a log book, not at all suitable for a cache but his little heart was in the right place....awwwwwwwww bless him. We will of course sort him out with a proper cache for him to place soon.....in Wigan!! :D

There is going to be a new cache around here soon tho Gary, GeoDec wants to place one, he is only 8 and has been caching with us a few times now. He brought around a cache container the other night for his first hide. It was a non waterproof plastic container that was bright yellow and had a mirror on the side. He had put a few swaps in it and a log book, not at all suitable for a cache but his little heart was in the right place....awwwwwwwww bless him. We will of course sort him out with a proper cache for him to place soon.....in Wigan!! :)

Scooby dooby doo! Got one of them LollyBob ... its a McD's freebie - wll do a waterproof test on it tonight for you ... if someone hasnt done one already. :D:D:D

You lucky people! We have 46 (not including our own) within 10 miles. All I can say "thanks goodness for The Flying Boots" or it would be a measly 24!

In reality it's even worse than that as some are on the other side of the River Severn, meaning the drive is way, way further than 10 miles too.

Still, it gives plenty of scope for setting them. :rolleyes:

There are 210 caches within a 10 mile radius of my home in Durham, (37 of those are ours) :o but if you head to Newcastle (12 miles from me) and go from the Our Blinking Bridge, on the Quayside there are well over 300 caches within a 10 mile radius of that cache. :P:ph34r: (There are 35 caches within a 1 mile radius of the bridge :lol::huh: )

I reckon you should all come up to the Durham Meet next month and stay for the weekend and do some SERIOUS caching in the North East. :o

Mandy :mad:

Edited by Us 4 and Jess