Christmas Dinner Event

I am looking at organising a Christams Dinner Event. How does Sat 2 Dec near Rugeley (Staffordshire) sound? A 4 course Christmas Meal (Starter, Main, Dessert and Coffee with a mint) for £14-95, Under 10's half price (I think). Crackers included or am I the one who is crackers?

Is this an evening event or one in the afternoon ?

I am looking at organising a Christams Dinner Event. How does Sat 2 Dec near Rugeley (Staffordshire) sound? A 4 course Christmas Meal (Starter, Main, Dessert and Coffee with a mint) for £14-95, Under 10's half price (I think). Crackers included or am I the one who is crackers?

Is this an evening event or one in the afternoon ?

And I thought it was evening only.I apologise for my ignorance in advance. :D

din·ner (dĭn'ər) pronunciation

noun.

1. The chief meal of the day, eaten in the evening or at midday.

2. A banquet or formal meal in honor of a person or event.

3. The food prepared for either of these meals.

2. A full-course meal served at a fixedd price; table d'hôte.

Edited as I have just finished my supper :D

You win on all accounts. :D

Edited by currykev

Sorry to hijack this thread, but there will be another Christmas Drinkies for Beds/Bucks/Herts cachers on Saturday 9th Dec too. So my spies inform me :blink:

We're interested. Any details?

Just keep a watch on the "newest caches" list as i described in my email to you the other day.

I will send other info by email to you.

Oss!

Sorry to hijack this thread, but there will be another Christmas Drinkies for Beds/Bucks/Herts cachers on Saturday 9th Dec too. So my spies inform me ;)

Aaah,the Home Counties clique is alive and well. :D

And they are "trolling" someone elses thread too. ;)

Clique? Trolling? Shall I dignify that with a response? Oops, too late, I just did!

We have never been to an 'Event', can you tell me what actually happens and what we have to do, as this do is in our neck of the woods it would be a great opportunity to meet some fellow cachers.

Sandra & Paul

;)

All events are controlled by the event holders. They could be;

• BBQ
  • Drinks and Chat with other cachers
  • Camping
  • Party to celebrate special occasions
  • Departures of cachers

and in relation to some of these types, cachers may place caches to coincide with the event and become live on that day. the events also give attendees the opportunity to cache in the locality either before/during/after the event.

I have attended a few events and for me, putting faces to names is fantastic; meeting other local cachers to cache with; meeting new friends; swapping stories and experiences and for some collecting numbers!

Go for it. As far as I'm aware, ALL events are open to ALL cachers and you don't need to be invited. Just show your intention to attend or not on the cache page.

Oss!

We have never been to an 'Event', can you tell me what actually happens and what we have to do, as this do is in our neck of the woods it would be a great opportunity to meet some fellow cachers.

Sandra & Paul

;)

• BBQ
  • Camping
  • Departures of cachers

and in relation to some of these types, cachers may place caches to coincide with the event and become live on that day. the events also give attendees the opportunity to cache in the locality either before/during/after the event.

I have attended a few events and for me, putting faces to names is fantastic; meeting other local cachers to cache with; meeting new friends; swapping stories and experiences and for some collecting numbers!

Go for it. As far as I'm aware, ALL events are open to ALL cachers and you don't need to be invited. Just show your intention to attend or not on the cache page.

Oss!

Sandra & Paul

;)

• BBQ
  • Camping
  • Departures of cachers

Oss!

Sandra & Paul

;)

• BBQ
  • Camping
  • Departures of cachers

Thank you I wasn't sure if we have to have the lunch or we could go just for drinks ?

Edited by narrowboater