One 'handle' or many?

kewfriend

In this household we have KEWFRIEND - thats me the 55 year old anorak male, FEWKINDER, thats the long suffering missus, and KEWFINDER the youngest aka teenage daughter aka fashion freak.

We all cache and we all log - but perhaps we should keep only one name between us as their logs bare no actual resemblance to the logs they've done.

FEWKINDER's view is that she will log the cache if she helped find it - rather than just went for the walk. KEWFINDER will log it if she got some nice 'trinket' from it or it was a 'cool cache'.

How do your families cope?

Different accounts.

My son logged his first 300. They all looked like this:. "TKS for the find". Then he quit.

My wife never logs.

My daughter logs if compelled. That means once in 300+ caches for her.

My other daughter never logs.

My brother in law (Night Stalker) logs and usually tells the other side of the story when we cache together.

His wife logs now but didn't for the first several years.

Overall I think different logs offering different perspectives on the same cache and the same hunt are interesting. When all 10 logs from the group say "TFTC" one account could of done that.

Different accounts.

My son logged his first 300. They all looked like this:. "TKS for the find". Then he quit.

My wife never logs.

My brother in law (Night Stalker) logs and usually tells the other side of the story when we cache together.

Overall I think different logs offering different perspectives on the same cache and the same hunt are interesting. When all 10 logs from the group say "TFTC" one account could of done that.

I really like this one. Even the Dog gets a profile. This canine cacher has found 29 so far.

Different accounts.

My wife never logs.

I really like this one. Even the Dog gets a profile. This canine cacher has found 29 so far.

You'll find that there are a lot of Dogs with their own accounts including 4PawDrive who has just one of 5 accounts in this family :D [and that doesn't include this reviewer account or any socks :mad: ]

We've been caching now for approx 2 months. It has become such a regular feature in our lives that I can't remember life before it happened to us :D

We started out under my name because I hadn't sussed it all out at that stage and we shortly changed to a team name - The Dancing Samurais because this reflected who we were. We are parents with 1 remaining daughter at home who caches with us. When we went to the Shropshire Event this gave our young missy the idea that she could have her own handle and one day also be Knighted as Knight of the Ammo Box, as some of her newly found cacher friends were. Upto this week I have been getting her to try and choose a name that would perhaps take her into adulthood. Being only 7 this has been quite difficult because the possible handles that she had been coming up with I knew she would cringe at when she is a teenager and beyond. So this week she has settled on ~*Tinkerbell*~ which I think (hopefully) if she caches as a teenager and beyond she could live with this name without regrets.

As we are all still in our early stages I have nearly finished back logging for her so that she has an accurate record of her caches from the beginning. I don't think it will be long before she logs her own caches and I look forward to her grassing us up because she is the sensible one out of the 3 of us :D

Well despite the singularity of our nickname, we are a pair of purple pineapples and always will be! Caching is always done together (with a couple of very rare exceptions) and generally makes no reference in the logs to which of us found the cache (unless there's an amusing story involved!) The caches are found by 'purple_pineapple'!

DNFs are always the missus though... :bad::bad:

Dave

We have 3 accounts, I got my own initially so that I could watch my TB, but then caught the caching bug as a way of getting some exercise after work but before the school run, so I started to log the caches that I had done under my own name. This way both my hubby Geoffenator, and I can enjoy visiting the same caches and it takes us longer to clear an area of unfound ones. Only problem is I am lagging behind on the numbers - but it isn't a niumbers game - is it?

Our son Steveastar completes the family - as those who have met her know 'our Zoe' (AKA Zed) doesn't like caching - but she did enjoy the Shrops event!

It seems that our stiuation is in common with a lot of others. My wife is disabled and can only come with me to driveby caches so she shares my profile. I have two sone who love coming geocaching with me and when they started up they religiously kept their logs uptodate but I have given up having to remind them and so their stats don't bear any resemblance to what they have visited so it looks like we will all end up sharing my account.

Ian

"I" started cacheing so called myself Balders after a nickname someone gave me at work (my family name is Baldry - so not much imagination there!).

After a while the wife / son / daughter / kids friends / dog came along too, so just changed the name to TEAM Balders. Whoever goes out now, logs under the team name.