Nearly time for another London event?

bhodisatva

definately about time - i was thinking the same thing myself!

There are two London cachers off to pastures new soon (yourself Bhod and Richter Family) - do we know how soon?

Well for me it will be around 6-10 weeks, i'll try contact Jurgen (??) (Richter family) and find out when he's going. I know Currykev said he'd be up for a meet and i'm sure some of the other West London "Posse" will be up for it too, i'll give it another couple of days for people to register interest and then start the planning and figure out a suitable date.

Having contacted My Learned Friend, Pharisee,it seems that our old friend,the Mitre near Hatton Garden would be a good choice.Although a meet on the weekend may be a problem,being a City location.But since Alistair UK may have to travel some distance,I am happy for a Saturday meet. I am without doubt a definate attendee and mid October would be a good time.OK Roy,set the date. :anibad:

Edited by currykev

Having contacted My Learned Friend, Pharisee,it seems that our old friend,the Mitre near Hatton Garden would be a good choice.Although a meet on the weekend may be a problem,being a City location.But since Alistair UK may have to travel some distance,I am happy for a Saturday meet. I am without doubt a definate attendee and mid October would be a good time.OK Roy,set the date. :D

try not to clash with the big freeze event though!! :anibad:

That pub is a great venue, but closed at the weekend :D

Yep... wot he said :D

But anywhere that sells decent beer is OK by me.

Was thinking of one of the river pubs John, there's a couple that do nice cask conditioned "proper" stuff (so i'm told). Or there's another one up near Hyde Park that's within easy access of transport links and caches :anibad:

Edited by bhodisatva

definately about time - i was thinking the same thing myself!

There are two London cachers off to pastures new soon (yourself Bhod and Richter Family) - do we know how soon?

Jurgen (Richter family) is actually departing these shores next friday so won't be able to make the event, however, i'm sure we'll be able to have a drink for him:D

as you say, 21st is big freeze and 28th is also out for us - earlier is good though... 7th or 14th? or novemeber, but I get the impression the tall one can't make that! Ian, when are you back in the country??!

At end of the day, you'll never please everyone, so go with whats easiest and most popular...

Oh, and the Cittie of York is a great little boozer!

First weekend in October works for me ;)

Can we have it in a theme bar? I saw this cool 50s diner on the web called the roadhouse. Could be cool. just an idea.

The Roadhouse is indeed a great bar, unfortunately it's also in the heart of Covent Garden, gets majorly busy and doesn't have somewhere where we could meet and hear ourselves think.

The idea of meeting in Central London at the weekend and being able to hear oneself think! The reason why The Mitre always worked is that it wasn't like a lOndon pub at the weekend!

BTW, The Mitre got a mention in the Standard this evening for still being one of London's few traditional pubs.

as did the Cittie of york ;) which should be OK on a saturday. Its usually full of legal types during the week and it wasn't too bad even then!

Maybe we should wait until Bhod has sorted out his dates,as he was/is the main reason for this impromptu event. :o

Cheers Kev, as things stand at the moment it looks like it's a goer for the 7th, i just need to get in touch with the Citie of York to see what arrangements need to be made there and then i'll post up the event. So peeps, pencil in the 7th October for the event.

The way it's actually looking at the moment after the news i've just received might mean someone else has to organise it, it's looking increasingly likely that i'm going to have to be in Newcastle for three of the weekends out of four in October. Which three weekends are anyones guess at the moment :ph34r:.

You sound like going to Newcastle is a bad thing. :o

The way it's actually looking at the moment after the news i've just received might mean someone else has to organise it, it's looking increasingly likely that i'm going to have to be in Newcastle for three of the weekends out of four in October. Which three weekends are anyones guess at the moment :o.

It's a joy when you're there. :) It's the getting there that is a bore.I used to do it by overnight coach in my younger days.The things one does for a Geordie lass. :ph34r:

The way it's actually looking at the moment after the news i've just received might mean someone else has to organise it, it's looking increasingly likely that i'm going to have to be in Newcastle for three of the weekends out of four in October. Which three weekends are anyones guess at the moment :ph34r:.

Not really Alistair, i'm all set for the move (well, mentally prepared that is), just could do without the travelling in between times. I know at least for definate that we will be up there 12/13/14th Oct, whether we have to come up again or not is yet to be seen.

Or you can fly to Budapest for £6.99 with Easyjet. I know it's not Newcastle, but think of it as a Plan B, ok? :blink:

:) Sounds like an excellent plan Paul :D

Right sorted, 7th Oct - 5pm-11pm - Cittie Of York, cache listing appearing shortly (just need to type it out and submit it :) )

Great.I know it well.20 seconds from my workplace (although luckily I don't work at weekends)

We can probably nab most of the front bar too.

And PS to SP...re Budapest...but he didn't tell you its £699.99 to fly back. :blink:

Or you can fly to Budapest for £6.99 with Easyjet. I know it's not Newcastle, but think of it as a Plan B, ok? :blink:

:) Sounds like an excellent plan Paul :D

Right sorted, 7th Oct - 5pm-11pm - Cittie Of York, cache listing appearing shortly (just need to type it out and submit it :) )

Great.I know it well.20 seconds from my workplace

If i'd have known i would have called in for coffee, just been up there :blink:

The things one does for a Geordie lass. :D

Whatever you are told, I hope!

I too would be up for a spot on London drinkies, especially if it's a weekend do. I will have to see if I can escape from the 'grumpy one' first though :blink:

She certainly did tell me what to do...S*d *ff I think were her parting words! :blink::)

Bring the grumpy one along too,as I love a grumble with a pint! :)