Big Foot

Hi Joshula

I live on Vancouver Island, Canada and there are lots of Sasquatch (that's what we call Big Foot around here) stories. Local First Nations traditionally also believe in the Sasquatch. I've talked to a few people who swear they have seen one. I have even cached in areas where they have supposedly been spotted.

Check out this caching page:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...c0-e73bc855fbaa

For the record, I think it would be cool if they did exist and I think it is remotely possible that they could exist but I'm not one of those true believer types.

imho Bigfoot does not exist, unless my 16EEE's qualify me. I've heard the stories and the arguments, but bottom line is there have been far to many qualified searchers looking for far to many years for one to have remained so totally hidden, not a shred of conclusive evidence after all that searching.

Someday though I plan to move to the Pacific Northwest and live in the woods, and every so often I'll run across the road to keep the legend alive. <_<

I live near the area where the movie "The Boggy Creek Monster" was filmed. In fact, a few locals acted in the movie. It was filmed many years ago. It even has a local cache named after it, Boogy Creek

We've done several caches near Fouke, Ark. (where the creature was to live). Although we spent alot of time teasing about the "Fouke Monster" we have never seen it. Have seen a beaver, racoons, squirrels, lots of birds, cougar,and alligator.

It doesn't exist. But we still tease the kids when we drive thru Fouke. Makes for alot of fun.

Abigail

Monster Mania

I placed this one to tell about sightings of a bigfoot-like creature that was seen near where I live. I'm thinking of combining my haunted caches and this one into a series H&LL (Haunts and Local Legends) Series.

If you are interested in bigfoot, also check this cache out that I recently found: The Mothman Returns!

I have The Legend of Boggy Creek on DVD, I hope to visit the Fouke area one of these days.

I suspect one lives in the apartment above mine...... I can't be sure though..... it definitely sounds like Bigfoot walking around up there, but I have yet to actually see the elusive monster.....

Occasionally I consider purchasing a large shotgun for, uh, 'protection' :)

We just bought pepper spray for wolves and bears. Might work on neighbors, too.

Interestingly enough, I do have a sighting registered on BFRO that was researched and found to be credible. I'm still not sure what it was I saw, but someone sure thinks it was possible it was a Bigfoot.

This is my official report and the researchers notes.

I'll go ahead and write FREAK on a name tag now and stick it to my chest.

Edited by Team LaLonde

I live near the area where the movie "The Boggy Creek Monster" was filmed. In fact, a few locals acted in the movie. It was filmed many years ago. It even has a local cache named after it, Boogy Creek

I saw that movie as a kid, at a theatre or drive in. I was changed forever.

Its good to know where it was filmed.

I saw that film in Radio City Music Hall, of all places, on a trip to NYC. What kind of parents take their six-year old to see The Legend of Boggy Creek?