The Project A.p.e. Geocoin - Orders Open

Semper Questio

Forgive my ignorance but are there any of these coins left? I would like to get one of the 'finders' and one regular if possible.

I got a Secret Agent Cache Mission Impossible coin to trade for one if you wanna trade instead of sell me one.

Yes, there are still coins of both editions (but most especially, of course, the nickel) available.

e**bay update......

Well, the guy, instead of making the mods I requested, added a paragraph which syas, among other things, that I stole the ape images to use on the coin! What nerve! Apparently he does not know that Groundspeak had to approve the deign to get the tracking! Anyhow, it has escalated, so we'll see how it goes.

Mrs. Shop99er here....

When I read that on the auction I took it a completely different way. Now this guy could have meant that SQ lifted the images without permission, but I took it to read that the images on the coin were the same as those at Groundspeak. Not stolen without permission, just recreated.

I think this may be a case of bad grammar and not an accusation of theft. The auction lister made an uneducated statement at the very least. Can we find out for sure what he meant and what he knows before we light the torches and sharpen the pitchforks?

Signed...

The Truly Unpleasant Mrs. Shop99er

--26 year veteran of both Mr. Shop99er and Semper Questo

--voice of reason

--occasional pollyana

Shop99er here,

She forgot to list:

--stupidly optimistic.

Edited by Shop99er

Just a quick reminder or 2....

1. The activation codes are on a white sticker on the baggie the coins come in!!!

2. The first round of non-payment order cancellations will happen tomorrow. If you have not gotten your invoice for some reason, if you have gotten a reminder from me, or if you just no longer want the coins you ordered, please drop me a line.

Night all.

Edited by Semper Questio

Well, I think a landmark day has finally arrived. I think when I process orders today (or this evening) we will have no gold Finder's coins left available and the waiting list will begin to grow.

That being said, there are still orders that have not yet been paid, so if any with gold coins on those get cancelled, golds will become available and those on the waiting list will get their opportunity - first-come-first-served.

There are still around 150 nickel coins available!

Another 20+ orders are shipping out today - keep an eye on that Shipped List!

I know this is REALLY jumping ahead, but will there be any thoughts on another run? We're planning a trip in September and we'll do one of the APEs then. We'd like to score a gold, but by then I think any metal will be long gone. Thoughts?

I'm afraid not. The Finder's gold edition was intended to be a 1-time run from the start.

EDIT to clarify....

IF demand warrants (at this point I kinda doubt it) another run of the nickel coins would be considered.

Edited by Semper Questio

Got some postal info for ya...

Heard from my first international order recipient today. The coins arrived in Germany today safe and sound. They were mailed out on 7/25 - 8 days.

Of course, I hadn't been looking at the nationalities of the posts here - just thought of that! Sheesh! <_<

It's been a long week already. <_<

Edited by Semper Questio

"but certainly the find requirement will not change." well your silver coin is already on ebay at over double the price so if you won't let those who are/were unable to find a cache buy one from you then we will just have to drive up the market as usual :laughing: It would have been nice to have one to stick in a tribute cache.

"but certainly the find requirement will not change." well your silver coin is already on ebay at over double the price

Those on eb**y are nickels, not golds. No find was ever required for the nickels. I can't help it if some people are willing to pay double for a coin that is still readily available from the source at the original price. I don't understand it, but I don't have to. The only downside there is that to sell the rest of these nickel coins and come close to breaking even, I'll probably have to turn there to sell some myself. I have 1 there now as an advertising ploy more than anything else, but I could see where I may need to sell the rest there eventually.

so if you won't let those who are/were unable to find a cache buy one from you then we will just have to drive up the market as usual :laughing:

Well, then that would have defeated the whole point of the gold being a "Finder's Commemorative" now, wouldn't it? Then it would just be another LE version of a geocoin. And THAT is what I was trying to stay away from. I'm sorry if some people just don't get that. Now if someone wants to give up their gold coin and trade it away or sell it, I have no control over that and it is their coin to do with as they please. That wasn't the intent, but folks don't have to agree with me or my intentions.

It would have been nice to have one to stick in a tribute cache.

It may have been, but as we discussed offline, if I were to make the golds available for tribute caches and every other exception that was requested of me, it would cheapen their value and meaning both to myself as the creator of them and to many, if not most, of those who bought them under the terms and conditions under which they were sold. It would also have reduced the already limited number of gold coins available to those who legitimately qualified for the coin under the terms of the sale. Not to mention it would have been a slap in the face to everyone that was playing by the rules and would have called into question my own credibility and integrity.

Edited by Semper Questio

Yup, what he said - about ...would have defeated the whole point ...cheapen their meaning ...slap in the face ...plays by the rules. Oh and, yessiree, the little matter of SQ's bountiful integrity.

In short - hang in there SQ, tis a shame that after all your hard work, you must be beleaguered (apparently both privately and publicly) by the (ever inevitable) whineys of the world.

Yup, what he said - about ...would have defeated the whole point ...cheapen their meaning ...slap in the face ...plays by the rules. Oh and, yessiree, the little matter of SQ's bountiful integrity.

In short - hang in there SQ, tis a shame that after all your hard work, you must be beleaguered (apparently both privately and publicly) by the (ever inevitable) whineys of the world.

Thanks for the support, GG. I dunno about "bountiful" but I'm trying. :(

Coin count update....

OK folks, here's the latest.

All of the Finder's coins are committed and we now have 2 cachers on the wiaiting list for any that come available due to cancelled orders.

There are just over 100 nickels left to be spoken for. If you have been waiting to order, the time for waiting is over! :(

Edited by Semper Questio

Got home from work today and waiting in my mailbox, my Gold and Silver coins :P . Are they ever great. We have APE coins in British Columbia Canada. Not bad shipping time. Canada post seems to be getting a little quicker.

The coins are awesome. Great job, thanks a bunch for taking on the task and seeing to the end, my hat is off to you.

I've always wanted to find an A.P.E cache -- and now I have the next best thing! Some lovely coins. Thanks for making these -- they were actually nicer than I thought they would be -- those little emerald markers were fun.

I placed one in a cache the other day and it was picked-up in less than 24 hours! Now to watch it move across the world -- hey....maybe it can find an A.P.E. cache even if I am too far away? <_<

I've always wanted to find an A.P.E cache -- and now I have the next best thing! Some lovely coins. Thanks for making these -- they were actually nicer than I thought they would be -- those little emerald markers were fun.

I placed one in a cache the other day and it was picked-up in less than 24 hours! Now to watch it move across the world -- hey....maybe it can find an A.P.E. cache even if I am too far away? <_<

Thanks! Commemorating finds and giving folks who otherwise couldn't (or just hadn't) find an APE cache some kind of connection to them was the whole idea behind the coins.

got my Ape Nik coin a bit back .

LOVE IT !!

many thanks semper for making these avaliable .

also thanks for being so wonderful to work with .

c4 ( atlanta )

Thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate it.

SQ

more than my pleasure !

in fact , im taking a road trip to Boston from atlanta next month and im going to venture off of my direct route so that i may hit Mission 7: Crab Creek , a Project Ape cache in maryland . ive been inspired .

c4

more than my pleasure !

in fact , im taking a road trip to Boston from atlanta next month and im going to venture off of my direct route so that i may hit Mission 7: Crab Creek , a Project Ape cache in maryland . ive been inspired .

c4

I want to mount an expedition for the Brazilian APE! That would be such a great adventure!

OK folks. We're down to the wire! As of right now,

there are only 11 nickel coins left up for grabs!

After that, it's waiting list time!

SQ

you know if if i hit the APE cache i wanna goldie! :ph34r:

That's gonna be a problem. They are all committed and I only have 3 left to ship. Just waiting for payments. And before anyone asks again...No, I'm having any more minted.

SQ

OK folks. We're down to the wire! As of right now,

there are only 11 nickel coins left up for grabs!

After that, it's waiting list time!

SQ

you know if if i hit the APE cache i wanna goldie! :ph34r:

That's gonna be a problem. They are all committed and I only have 3 left to ship. Just waiting for payments. And before anyone asks again...No, I'm having any more minted.

SQ

DOH!

SQ

No more of either minted OR just no more gold minted?

There was never a possibility of another run of golds and I've decided the demand isn't there to run another batch of nickels, so this is it.