The Project A.p.e. Geocoin - Orders Open

Semper Questio

I've had my own problems. I just lost a claim where one of my buyers said they didn't recieve a coin. although they live in Germany and PayPal doesn't offer a seller protection for that country, but they certainly gave a refund even though I could prove the item was shipped. Right now paypal is on my PooPoo list. :)

Just a quick note for anyone who wants to place an order. That side of things is still fine. It's just the Paypal invoicing and payments that are locked up until they get their act together.

So if you want to order coins, go right ahead and I'll get the order verified and ready to invoice when Paypal gets done messin' wih me.

Again, sorry for the mess!

SQ

So if we were one of the ones that had our invoice cancelled, will we get another invoice?

With the limited info of what Paypal has done to me so far, yes.

Once I see what state they leave things in I'll see more clearly what needs to be done, but my plan is to reissue invoices for all unpaid coins and the 14 days would restart from then.

Fortunately they have a means where I'll be able to download all activity, throw it into a spreadsheet, sort it about some, and I should be able to get a clear picture of things pretty quickly.

OK folks. Paypal is having its way with me. For some reason my account was selected for audit and verification. Until I can jump through the required number of hoops, they are disallowing pretty much all transactions and some invoices are being cancelled by them.

Until I post on here that I got it all fixed, please just sit tight.

Sorry for yet another PITA.

SQ

Sounds like the mystery shopper has complained to paypal again, one reason that I did not presell any (after 1 & 2) of the Civil War Geocoins.

I received and answered two inquiries about the coins, they will not tell you why your account was "picked" just that it was :)

I guess whomever causes this either doesn't understand that they are gumming up the works for everyone, not just the seller, or they just delight in making life difficult for as many people as possible in the shortest possible time. Probably drives with their turn signal on all the time too. :)

I agree, if they don't want to preorder and wait, then don't, if they miss the boat oh well. I myself am tired of waiting weeks and weeks for coins, but complaining to paypal is pretty bogus.

Same person that drives with the signal on, then turns the opposite way :)

I have the copy of my PayPal payment if you require it for any reason, Glenn :wub::wub:

Thanks, but that should not be necessary. I have my copy of all sent invoices notices and all payment notices. Plus I have recorded all orders and corresponding invoices and payments in my own file. Getting everything back in shape should not take long at all once Paypal lets things start flowing again.

Hi folks.

I just had another conversation with Paypal. (Yes, I actually TALKED to a human being and he was even helpful!) Although he was helpful I don't have any idea how long it will eb before this is resolved. So.....

If anyone does not want to wait for Paypal to free up my account, feel free to send a USPS Money Order to the address below. I'd appreciate an email to let me know it's coming so I can make note of it and watch for it.

The address...

H. Whitehead

PO Box 5621

Round Rock, TX 78683-5621

Thanks again to everyone for your patience.

SQ

OK Folks. We have a decision from Paypal. They have shut me down.

Even though I complied with all their verification requirements, they require all merchandise ship withn 7 days of payment. Since this is a presales situation and that wasn't happening, they have closed my account, it cannot be reinstated, and their decision cannot be appealed.

I will have to issue SOME refunds to clear the account but the project IS moving forward and orders will NOT be cancelled unless I am asked to. Those orders being refunded will still be good, I will just have to ask them to repay using another method.

In the meantime I am exploring alternate invoicing and payment methods which will be disclosed on the web site once they are determined.

I cannot tell you how sorry I am for all this. But rest assured I will get it figured out and get your coins out to the utmost best of my ability.

Humbly,

SQ

:mad:

angry%20monkey.jpg

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH....

Monkeys are so cool... I can wait. :mad:

:( Heading to Mission 12 this weekend too by the way so if anyone beats me there this weekend be sure to check my geocoin trading list and leave me something I don't already have. :laughing:

Edited by 57chevy

I love that certain other, larger geocoin sellers seem to be doing just fine with Paypal even though they don't promise shipping for 4-6 weeks, but little guys like you get shut down... <sigh>

Google just opened up Google Checkout yesterday, guess you could try there :mad:

I'm sure somebody is reading this and having a good laugh at you (and all of our) expense. I'm sorry for that.

But don't let that dissuade you from doing this. If it means that we get refunded via PayPal and have to send you a check via mail then so be it.

You've put in a lot of work for a coin that a lof of folks want. I'm sure I speak for others (although not often :mad: ) when I say "thanks" and that we're willing to go through an extra step to make this happen.

Thanks for your support.

To be honest, if it weren't for having promised all of you to see this thing through as well as others' involvement that would cost them as well, I would have dropped this project this morning.

I'm still weighing alternatives, but for the time being, anyone who had not yet paid, please feel free to send a Postal or International Money Order or Cashier's Check made out to Howard Whitehead to:

H. Whitehead

PO Box 5621

Round Rock, TX 78683-5621

Please email me at: apecoin@yahoo.com to let me know you have decided to use this option so I can make note of it and be sure to watch for it.

Thanks again,

SQ

Edited by Semper Questio

I'm sure somebody is reading this and having a good laugh at you (and all of our) expense. I'm sorry for that.

But don't let that dissuade you from doing this. If it means that we get refunded via PayPal and have to send you a check via mail then so be it.

You've put in a lot of work for a coin that a lof of folks want. I'm sure I speak for others (although not often :mad: ) when I say "thanks" and that we're willing to go through an extra step to make this happen.

ditto...

We FINALLY have a coin available that is worth buying and PayPal shuts it down. What are the chances? I appreciate PayPal's concern but I am also old enough to decide how to spend my money. Perhpas we (the buyers) should express our displeasure to PayPal.

Thank you again for your efforts.

What a shame someone has to be a @#$ and make it hard on you (and us) for their sick entertainment. Probably one of the mass coin makers upset because they didn't come up with the idea first.

We still would like our coins, so just let us know how to re-pay or whatever we have to do.

Thanks for sticking with it!

Thanks again for the support. That really helps in dealing with things.

I've contacted Paypal to issue the requried refunds. There were about 20 and everyone has been been emailed me to expect them and how to repay. I have no idea how long it will take Paypal to actually execute the refunds. I can no longer do it myself. Once those are done, I may have to do 2 ro 3 more.

The orders received in the last couple of days have had no invoices issued at all and I am working out how to handle payments on those and the previously invoiced and unpaid orders.

I MAY wait until I have the coins in hand and then open a new paypal account, ship to all paid orders, and then invoice/reinvoice all currently unpaid orders.

I am still weighing options but I wanted to be straight with everyone and keep you all aware of what's going on.

OK, now....everyone go out and bag some caches!

SQ

I've been out of the loop for a week and look what happens. My order remains as placed and paid and I haven't received any refund from Paypal. Hopefully they will release the money to you as I want these coins and not the refund!! Thanks for keeping everyone informed!

Edited by Prairiepartners

You've put in a lot of work for a coin that a lof of folks want. I'm sure I speak for others (although not often :unsure: ) when I say "thanks" and that we're willing to go through an extra step to make this happen.

We have to agree! If we need to resend our payment, we will! You have worked TOO hard on this, to have it all fall through! Thanks for all your hard work on this, and all the updates! Hang in there! This too shall pass.... LOL!! :unsure:

I have received no notice from Paypal about a credit. If it's an option, please leave my order stand as is. I would just as soon not get a refund and let things ride. If Paypal does issue a credit, I'll get a Money Order or whatever out to you right away. I am looking forward to this coin. Thanks for all your hard work and frustration in dealing with it.

I have just checked my Paypal account and a refund has not been issued.

I'm with the rest of the recent posters who are willing to pay via alternate methods.

Just let me know and I'll get a Money Order out to you ASAP. To me, this is one of the most meaningful coin issues to come along and I would hate to see a misguided few bring it to a halt.

Thanks for all of your hard work on this great project.

Thanks again to everyone! Your support and kind words are very touching. Don't worry, this thing is gonna happen one way or another!

Now, as to the refunds...

I had to send the refunders transaction ID's to Paypals Resolution Center for THEM to issue the refunds since I cannot do it now.

However, everyone that should expect a refund got an email sent from me yesterday afternoon (my time) with repayment instructions. There were about 20 people.

Happy trails!

SQ

Do I need to worry since I sent in the payment the first hour when you opened the orders? I received an order number. I hope you were able to withdraw my payment before PayPal locked it up.

Whatever happens, I'm staying in the boat. Thanks for taking the time to do it right, despite the adversities. :laughing:

FYI: PayPal will take their merry time "resolving" the issue, since they collect interest on the money they sit on. :laughing:

I also have not recieved a paypal refund on my order. Please advise if you need me to send a M/O your way , or if you were able to recieve my payment through paypal before it was shut down ?? Also no email from you so just checking in...

Will indeed support your efforts anyway required, Glenn :laughing:

Edited by glennk721

Why are people pointing fingers again?

I'm surprised paypal didn't inform you when you spoke to them personally that brand spanking new accounts that accept a large amount of money and then try to withdrawl it are typically locked. Just ask O'Dragon about his experience with the SEPAG coins. It wasn't someone complaining. It's part of PayPal's fraud protection and it is pretty much automatic. If it was someone complaining, SQ would have received a copy of said complaint at the same time as paypal. Paypal account holders always receive a CC copy of any complaint, sheesh.

I have not received a refund nor have I received an email about a refund. Should I therefore assume that you were able to retrieve a portion of the money you collected for the coins? Either way it's a small amount and not a big deal. Plus, if this is similar to the issue SEPAG had with PayPal (and it sounds like it is), many won't receive refunds at all and you'll be able to get that money that was collected.

AtlantaGal is correct, if someone files a complaint, you know who it is.

As for paypal, they do have large fraud department that looks for transaction which are out of the norm. Having a new account, with over $3,000 flow in a short time and a withdraw would trigger an audit. Why do you think it takes 3 - 5 days for your money to transfer?

Thanks again to everyone! Your support and kind words are very touching. Don't worry, this thing is gonna happen one way or another!

I had to send the refunders transaction ID's to Paypals Resolution Center for THEM to issue the refunds since I cannot do it now.

However, everyone that should expect a refund got an email sent from me yesterday afternoon (my time) with repayment instructions. There were about 20 people.

Happy trails!

SQ

We assume that since we have not gotten a refund (nor do we want one, LOL!!!), or the mentioned e-mail, our order is still active. (but we all know what happens when we assume :laughing: )

Hopefully, everything will get ironed out. If there is a problem with our order, let us know, and we will do what ever is needed.

Happy trails!

SQ

We assume that since we have not gotten a refund (nor do we want one, LOL!!!), or the mentioned e-mail, our order is still active. (but we all know what happens when we assume :laughing: )

Hopefully, everything will get ironed out. If there is a problem with our order, let us know, and we will do what ever is needed.

We, too, haven't heard anything. We were billed, and paid for our three coins via Paypal...no refund, no email saying that it had to be refunded. Hopefully that means that you have our payment and we don't need to do anything further, but if we do, we will.

In regards to Paypal...

{climbing on soap box}

As I said before, I do not know what triggered the issue. They would not tell me. At this point I don't even care. Sure, it was very upsetting and is extremely frustrating, but now I just want to get past it and get on with getting these coins out to you all one way or another. So if you don't mind, let's please drop the Paypal issue (or take it to another thread) and stick to the task at hand.

Thanks!

{Jumping off soap box}

Probably one of the mass coin makers upset because they didn't come up with the idea first.

Thought I should verify what I meant by the above.

I didn't mean the guys that run a real coin company, I was meaning the ones out there that keep producing coins to make bucks off of but claim not to be a business.

Sorry if any of the coin companies took my comment wrong.

Edited by 501_Gang