Busy, Busy, Busy!

JohnTee

LOTS of friendly geocachers? :P I've gotten this error a couple of times in the last couple of days . . .

Server Error in '/' Application.

Server Too Busy

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Server Too Busy

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Server Too Busy]

System.Web.HttpRuntime.RejectRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +146

JohnTee

It took nearly an hour for the first found log to show on a new cache at 9:00 am est today. Fortunately all the local FTF hounds had already been emailed so they knew but still...

Haven't actually gotten the "server too busy" errors until this afternoon.

Maybe the forum troubles have encouraged some maintenance on the others? (Probably not or there'd have been an announcement...)

Ah well,

Randy

I can't even get the home page to come up. Everything shows a busy error. Those servers must be getting slammed from somewhere. DDOS maybe?

It's called "Friday". People are checking on caches to do over the weekend.

Exactly as they are told to do. Wouldn't want 'em goin' out with stale data, would we?

I can't even get the home page to come up. Everything shows a busy error. Those servers must be getting slammed from somewhere. DDOS maybe?

Exactly as they are told to do. Wouldn't want 'em goin' out with stale data, would we?

Better stale data than none at all. :P

I think this is a problem with the site, not just because it is a Friday. It is too persistent for me. Even if I clear my browser cache, I absolutely can not get on for a long time now.

edit: to take out slight exaggeration on how long I have been trying. :-)

Edited by Cheminer Will

Better stale data than none at all. :P

Not exactly... I just replaced two caches that had been muggled and would like to enable them, but I can't get into the site to do so, so anyone using a PQ that says they're currently disabled is out of luck.