Wyoming Coins?

Slammer180

:rolleyes: Just a note for anybody who was watching the 1st Annual Rawlins Brownbag Event. WYlostinMA never showed (I wonder why that was?). I was not going to allow him to sell any coins at this event and was going to try to talk some sense into him but did not get the chance as he must have gotten nervous he would have a greeting party so didn't show up. If I have the opportunity I will talk to him (there is going to be an event in Casper this summer but I don't know when yet) I will try to convince him he needs to just send the coins and get this behind him or he will be looking over his shoulder from now on. Sorry I couldn't be of any assistance.

:rolleyes: Just a note for anybody who was watching the 1st Annual Rawlins Brownbag Event. WYlostinMA never showed (I wonder why that was?). I was not going to allow him to sell any coins at this event and was going to try to talk some sense into him but did not get the chance as he must have gotten nervous he would have a greeting party so didn't show up. If I have the opportunity I will talk to him (there is going to be an event in Casper this summer but I don't know when yet) I will try to convince him he needs to just send the coins and get this behind him or he will be looking over his shoulder from now on. Sorry I couldn't be of any assistance.

Thanks for trying anyways. You did help in a way...no coins got sold :P

There was a lot of e-mail exchanges friday night with the result of coins were going out but will watch for activations of the originals. Haven't heard a word since and I don't believe any coins have showed up yet...it's only tuesday also.

I don't believe anyone owed coins would keep a double set if they just so happened showed up. Even after all the crap we have been through most of us just want our original order filled or our money back.

I think I'm going to write a script and sell it as a soap opera. I could make millions :P

As the coin turns....

There was a lot of e-mail exchanges friday night with the result of coins were going out but will watch for activations of the originals. Haven't heard a word since and I don't believe any coins have showed up yet...it's only tuesday also.

I don't believe anyone owed coins would keep a double set if they just so happened showed up. Even after all the crap we have been through most of us just want our original order filled or our money back.

I think I'm going to write a script and sell it as a soap opera. I could make millions :laughing:

As the coin turns....

Shilo ~

Not sure if this is what you are referring to but this is his latest attempt at scaming people....

1 ~ He claimed he sent the coins a few months ago and the package came back empty.

2 ~ We decided to go thru the credit card company to recover our funds and so he sent them for real to avoid that.

3 ~ After we got them I sent him a note to say we finally got them. thanks.

4 ~ He sent a note back accusing me that I took the coin package that he supposedly sent before that and kept them and that now they are being activated and that I haven't heard the last from him.

soooo...

1 ~ I never received any package

2 ~ I never took any coins

3 ~ I don't think he ever sent the package

4 ~ No coins are being activated by me because I never got any coins

5 ~ I highly doubt (if he *did* send them and they got lost in the mail that someone else would get them (finding them in the postal system) and activate them. duh....not going to happen either...no one anywhere would be that stupid to activate stolen coins...

6 ~ If he's serious... he's going to try to get money for coins that he never sent.

THAT'S WHY I SAY....MAKE HIM USE TRACKING IF HE'S GOING TO MAIL YOU YOUR COINS FINALLY... THEN HE HAS NO OPPORTUNITY OF SAYING THAT HE SENT THEM TO YOU BUT THAT YOU SENT THEM BACK EMPTY AND ARE NOW ACTIVATING COINS THAT YOU ARE NOT ACTIVATING.

IT WILL KEEP HIM HONEST AND YOU NEED THAT....

Thank God I sleep on a soft pillow at night. I'm sure he can't say the same thing.

:laughing:

HOLY SMOKE!

I just saw this thread pop to the top of the list - I can NOT believe this is still going on!

About 85% got there coins and left. It's the remaining 15% or so who is still hanging around here.

LoriDArlin: I was talking about you and the rest of us he said that to. He must have copied and pasted his e-mails to us all. Of course I doubt they were sent again......

We'll see... Hopefully he sent them like he said he would. If they aren't at my door on Friday, then I will report him to VISA and see if they will go after him.

Times up! I hope you have made your report to VISA, BBB, and the IC3 now. He has lied once again apparently if no one has gotten their coins. I would not give him another day or another minute unless he provides a tracking number. No if's and's or but's! He is stalling and lying!

We still haven't received our four coins and now he seems to be ignoring us (again). :huh:

If anyone is thinking of starting a small claims action or similar please let us know so that we can be involved. Don't think we can start one ourselves since we are in the UK, but we'd definitely join one - Now he's making me :P

Meanwhile, I'm starting with the VISA complaint - Ross if you are reading this, you have the time it takes for me to find the forms and fill them in - so email me with that tracking code!

Bambi.

Like KKTH3, I also was involved in the start of the Wyoming coin by way of keeping track of the original thread orders so that billings could be sent out. I e-mailed Ross a few weeks back and asked if I could get any of the coins that were promised to me. I received the familiar, "I will get them in the mail within the week". Sorry to say that I also have not received a single Wyoming coin. If I do get them some day, I will be contacting those that are waiting and try and make good on your orders. For our entire state, I apologize for this feasco. On another note...though I realize that most really couldn't care less if they have a Wyoming coin in their collection, I would actually love to have one (for the obvious reasons). If anyone has one they would like to sell me, would you please e-mail me? Thanks much ... dblrngr

Does anyone know if anyone has posted to this guy's "home" forum? Maybe if the people he goes to events with/caches with were to find out about this travesty he might be a little more amenable to posting coins to those of us that STILL don't have our coins. :laughing:

Bambi.

The last event 'this guy' went to in WY the event leader was notified and 'he' never showed to sell coins he still has(had).

Wow - I had no idea some people were still waiting for this coin. I received mine almost 5 months ago now! And that was after waiting what seemed like an eternity for them. How many people still have not gotten their coins?

Yep, that'd be me then :ph34r:

And I'm really hurt because I thought he was a nice guy. Got loads of emails from him at the start and now he won't reply any more. I've contacted paypal and my VISA company and we'll see what that will do, but since I'm in the UK, probably not a lot.

Can't believe someone would do this to fellow cachers.

:lol:

Bambi.

Wow - I had no idea some people were still waiting for this coin. I received mine almost 5 months ago now! And that was after waiting what seemed like an eternity for them. How many people still have not gotten their coins?

We still have not got ours either, but I have written him off and won't purchase anything from him again.

I am still waiting for 4 coins... This incedent has severly cut back my coin buying from anyone.

You shouldn't let one bad apple ruin the whole tree. 99.9% of the coin sellers are honest people and no one has ever had any trouble except for this one.

Personally, this is the only incident I've had since I started into the geocoin thing in november of 2005. Ironically, this was the 2nd ever coin I paid for and the only one not ever received.

I won one of these coins from an event and couldn't stand looking at it so I traded it away to the first person that wanted it. This is one coin that will never be logged on either side of my trackable page.

Sorry to hear your still having problems with these things Shilo.

IC1, I'm still reluctant to buy before the maker has the coins too. I'd rather wait till they come out and then buy one if there's any left or trade for one if I find someone to trade with. If not, oh well, there's tons of coin out there any more.

This has gotten to the point where I am about to give up all together! Not only waiting still for these 2 coins, but now I have at least one other set that mysteriously hasn't made it. Yet I have regular shipments coming in all the time from "commercial" sources! I have been getting most of my new coins ( New to me) via person to person trades. I wish I could feel more comfortable about mail trades, but I do get to travel 4 times a year so that will have to do.

Good Lord... I just read 2/3 of this thread. I remember getting my coins in the mail at some point, but had almost no memory of ordering them! Sorry for all that ya'll (and the coin maker) are going through!

Seeing as how I'm also working on a coin order/production, ya'll have proven to be some scary people...

Good Lord... I just read 2/3 of this thread. I remember getting my coins in the mail at some point, but had almost no memory of ordering them! Sorry for all that ya'll (and the coin maker) are going through!

Seeing as how I'm also working on a coin order/production, ya'll have proven to be some scary people...

One bad apple scares you away from the whole orchard? I'm not understanding your remark.

Any of you guys who still haven't received their Wyoming coins from late 2005, I hear this guy who posted in the trading thread (#8914) "nodabshere" has LOTS and LOTS of them for trade including both the pewter and the bronze and you should contact him.

edit to add: nodabshere AKA WYLostinMA

Edited by LadyBee4T

Any of you guys who still haven't received their Wyoming coins from late 2005, I hear this guy who posted in the trading thread (#8914) "nodabshere" has LOTS and LOTS of them for trade including both the pewter and the bronze and you should contact him.

:huh::ph34r::laughing: That is soooo not cool. I figured sooner or later someone would rear their head with a wad of these. I feel bad for all the folks that got screwed on this coin. I personally did receive mine (AFTER MONTHS AND MONTHS) and donated some to folks that got shafted. I smell socks.... REALLY REALLY STINKY SOCKS B):laughing::laughing:

edit to add: nodabshere AKA WYLostinMA

:P

What else can I say?

I hope this person will deliver the coins that so many bought and did not receive.

It'll never happen. He said he mailed the last of them on April 3, 2006 and wont do anything for 'lost' orders.

What seems odd to me is no one else had/has this much trouble with the PO.

I've given up hope. :huh: