In A Strange Land Never Before Visited

sept1c_tank

I’m trudging on and on, in a strange land never before visited by my people, exploring the unusual and sometimes dangerous countryside. There are signs of native inhabitants and I have found some clues that are leading me to something precious they have hidden, a thing that will help to explain their existence and mysterious lifestyle. I will find it. And I will return home as a hero with great, renewed knowledge for my people.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

That’s my main fantasy when I’m geocaching; it changes often according to the location and my company.

When I’m urban caching,

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am an agent of a country at war. I am seeking a secret item hidden by another agent of my own country; finding it is vital if my country is to win the war, but enemies are seeking it too, and they are all around me. I must find it and remain undetected, or all is for naught.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

What are your geocaching fantasies? :D:D

After a seven day hike, I finally make it to the cache site. Upon close inspection of the surrounding terrain, I notice were not in Kansas anymore. Slowly very slowly I make my way to the cache, wait ... whats this? Why are the Olsen twins standing there dressed in bikinis, and holding the cache and a bottle of Tequila ... :D

The forums are shut down, never to return. Filled with joy, the unshackled forum moderator romps off into the forest, happily finding geocaches. Birds chirp friendly greetings and bunnies trip merrily along his path.

So far this is the only non-scary fantasy. I can understand this one. :D

I'm caching deep in the woods, near a scenic stream and I see Angelina Jolie sunbathing, alone on a rock. See sees me approaching and offers to do a full body tick check...

What happens if she finds a tick? Maybe she's looking you over and suddenly announces, "I found one!" Then you look down and say, "THATS NOT A TICK!" :D

Edited by clearpath

My trusty guide Emuk woke me early this morning. It had been a tremendous four-day hike to base camp; the pigmy natives have been terrorizing us now for the past three days. I have already lost most of my equipment and three guides. Nonetheless we were able to out run them for the time being. Emuk told me that we were less than 5 miles from the cave entrance and we should eat before we continue.

Emuk had be able to kill a red checked nut cacher with a poison dart from his blow gun at an amazing 75 yards with a direct shot to the heart. We ate well this morning.

Suddenly Emuk shouted out in pain, the pigmy natives had found us. Emuk was bleeding heavily from a spitball wound to the arm, he told me to run and pointed me in the direction of the cave. I fled as my trusted guide Emuk stayed behind to fight the pigmy natives. I ran like I never ran before, spitballs flying by my body barely missing me but I made it out of range.

I pulled my trusty staff of guidance from my satchel and found that I was less than ¼ mile from the cave. A short hike and I had arrived at the entrance to the cave. As I entered the darkness I realized that this is where the adventure begins.

I began to crawl on my hands and knees feeling my way through the darkness searching for the mysterious hidden clues. All of sudden I slip on some cave slime and fall down a deep crevasse striking my head on a rock. In frustration I grab the rock and prepare to throw it against the wall, wait what is this - it's a clue. Now I have to decipher the ancient pigmy language, which is no simple task. Quickly I realize that the clue is written in crayon rather than the typical blue ink, a sign that means the clue is quite old. The clue told me to crawl through the tunnel adjacent to the large rock, next to the small rock against the medium sized rock then behind the three forts. I continue my adventure. But wait I look closer and realize that I incorrectly deciphered the code not it tells me that the key to the treasure can be found in a rotten stump. The key to treasure is in a rotten stump how odd.

I begin searching every rotten stump in the area. One more stump to check, I think I must be wrong; but wait what is this stump is fake there is a tunnel underneath. I enter the tunnel and crawl on my hands and knees for about 5 miles until I reach a small wooden door. I wait and listen, what is that I hear? It sounds like flushing water. I decide to push open the door, to my surprise I have came through a trapdoor of a bathroom vanity, but where????? I leave the bathroom and carefully walk down the hall I see someone sitting in a rocking chair. Suddenly the person turns around and says------

After a seven day hike, I finally make it to the cache site. Upon close inspection of the surrounding terrain, I notice were not in Kansas anymore.  Slowly very slowly I make my way to the cache, wait ... whats this?  Why are the Olsen twins standing there dressed in bikinis, and holding the cache and a bottle of Tequila ...  ;)

Ummmm....

You mind if I borrow this fantasy for a while? I'll put it back when I done with them.....er, it.

<_<:o:ph34r:

What are your geocaching fantasies?

That the helicopter in my Avatar is really mine, and I can go geocaching in it. Can you imagine the looks I'd get while retrieving a Wal-mart micro? :grin:

I also fantasize about having high speed internet, a computer that could handle it, a PDA, and Premium membership to go with it. But in that one I must also fantasize I have $$$$$. :grin:

While searching for the cache i hear this old odd music. " dum,-da-dum, da-da-da dum-dum, dum-dum-dum-dum-dum, da-da-da-da-da-dum dum-dum"

can anybody help me with this tune?

HINT Z. V.

Then when i find the cache, i tear off my mask and my name is suddenly Mr Phelps.