Tbs And Geocoins

Personally, I like the TBs, coins and other stuff, but I would say that you are not being selfish.

If you have no interest in an aspect of caching, you are perfectly at liberty to not participate in that part, and should not feel guilty in doing so. Each to their own is the best motto.

BTW, just opened my screwcoin - its a work of art ;)

My interest has started to wane now that the available icons have become infinite, or I suppose more to the point, the number of icons is sprouting at a rate that isn't possible to keep up with.

The actual travel bit doesn't worry me too much, I sometimes move them one but I don't feel any great compulsion to.

I've only recently started to move travel bugs and geocoins but it gives me inspiration in choosing caches to visit.

When I've collected a bug or a coin with a goal I research a suitable cache then do a days caching in that area.

Such themes have taken me to a brewery or more recently the Eastnor Castle area, it gives the impetus to travel the extra mile (or 100). I actually picked up my first geocoin on the Eastnor Castle run on Christmas Eve. Now I'm using caches containing coins as a centre point for excursions.

Do any other cachers choose their expeditions likewise or am I alone.

;) Looking forward to a proliferation of coins. ;)

We used to move Travel Bugs .

Recently stopped because of not wanting to have anymore Travel Bugs reported as missing after we log we have placed them in a cache .

We once left two Travel Bugs in one well stocked cache and the next two finders wrote they couldn't see them in there ;) . That resulted in us receiving an email from concerned owner of one of Travel Bugs. Fortunately (3rd)next finder of cache noticed the Travel Bugs amongst the swops .

Another Travel Bug we put in a cache was never logged out of that cache ...but mysteriously it was found over a year later unlogged in another newish cache .

Strangely, it was'n't until after that one safely re-appeared that we decided we didn't want another Travel Bug to seemingly go missing with our names beside it's last log .

We now just write in log book and online that we haven't taken the Travel Bug/s when we notice them in caches we find .

Edited by t.a.folk

One of mine has a mission note inside(if you can find it) and another doesn't, I work on the idea that it goes wherever it gets taken and if it's the wrong way then so be it,it's just a game.

Incidently I think my bug from SP's TB race is still in Oz :blink: It's been rescued from two archived caches so far,I'm beginning to thing it's actually a travelling muggle thats vandalising it's own container :unsure:

Edit: Just had a peek at the race page,good to see I'm not alone in Oz!

Edited by Nellies Knackers
Most of my TB's have no specific mission.

This makes it more likely for the TB to be passed on more often.

A mission note attached simply stating that it wants to go anywhere might help it get moved along more quickly. TBH I only ever move TBs with mission notes that I can help. Some owners can get awful prickly about moving them incorrectly. Of course it's never their fault :ph34r: