Elvis Goes Geocaching

Lemon Fresh Dog

Okay, I'm seriously considering making a Cachers who Breathe Air coin after that last post. If someone wants to help me out (primarily with shipping them) send me an email. Yes, I'm serious... I think. It all depends on if someone else who's sick of thinly veiled geocaching tie-ins wants to help. ;)

I think the "Cachers who don't breathe air" coin would be more interesting!

Okay, I'm seriously considering making a Cachers who Breathe Air coin after that last post. If someone wants to help me out (primarily with shipping them) send me an email. Yes, I'm serious... I think. It all depends on if someone else who's sick of thinly veiled geocaching tie-ins wants to help. ;)

How about cachers that breath Nitrox? A deep water scuba theme. As cachers, we need to start figuring out how to use the other 2/3rds of the planet! haha!

I think inexpensive underwater GPSr units are soon to be a reality. (as well as sub-centimeter land units)

What kind of help do you need?

I'd be happy to give a hand if I can...

Viva La Air...

Chaz

Gaaaa! Are we so coin-crazy that the joke thread is getting taken seriously? :unsure:

Here are my coins:

MAD Magazine coin "What? Me cache?"

Spooky geocoin (skeleton shaped)

Cerel geocoin (shaped like a cerel box -- coco puffs?)

GPSr coin -- shaped like a GPS unit with space in the window portion to engrave coordinates to your city, cache, etc.....hey...wait....I kind of like that one!

Edited by Lemon Fresh Dog

So many good ideas... and all of them off the wall enough to make me proud to be an owner of any.

Lemon, you have so many good ideas there; don't cut a single one as being silly.

I wish I only had the $'s to put a personal coin out there then perhaps I'd work on some of these.

But the personal is first and I'm a goal oriented person...

On the other hand I would be happy to work with any of you to make these come true.

Why not have some "OFF THE WALL" GeoCoins?

Maybe we should start a group, call it OTW or GeoCacher’s who breathe air...?

The GPS coin idea is an outstanding idea, you should jump at that!

Chaz

wafflecoin.gif

The 50th Anniversary of Waffle House GeoCoin!!!!

EDIT: Oh yeah... it'd have to have "Scattered, Smothered, Covered, Chunked, Topped & Diced" around the edge too. :unsure:

Oh, I'd have to have one of those. Many a caching day has ended a hundred miles from home at a Waffle House, too tired to do anything but shovel in a pecan waffle, hashbrowns, and lumpy grits.

Ok here's another :unsure:

on the front: A bear with a bib tied around it's neck, sitting down on a checkered cloth and leaning against a tree with an open ammocan in between it's legs like it's at a picnic lunch and a knife and fork in it's hands. (think Yogi Bear and a pikanik basket)

on the back: Ranger Smith saying "Only Booboo's feed the Animals!"

Okay, I'm seriously considering making a Cachers who Breathe Air coin after that last post. If someone wants to help me out (primarily with shipping them) send me an email. Yes, I'm serious... I think. It all depends on if someone else who's sick of thinly veiled geocaching tie-ins wants to help. :D

Email sent to you.

Okay, I'm seriously considering making a Cachers who Breathe Air coin after that last post. If someone wants to help me out (primarily with shipping them) send me an email. Yes, I'm serious... I think. It all depends on if someone else who's sick of thinly veiled geocaching tie-ins wants to help. :D

You'd have to make sure it's "Cacher's who breathe air while caching" to get the tie in.

Displeased with the quality of a cache? :P

Then leave this coin!! :D

crappy_cache_coin.jpg

:lol:  :o  :P  :o  :D

D-man :(

Too funny!!! I know some caches (and cachers) that need it though :D

T1

This to me looks like if no coin is coming, it is something that could be laminated and used in a good many places around here too ...

I love the crappy cache coin.... only problem I don't have enough cash to buy all the coins that I would need. :lol:

Oooooo.... if you make it trackable and put an icon that looks like that pile that would show up next to the cache it was in... HAHAHAHAHA!!! What a stir that would cause. *giggles with anticipation* I really, really, really want this coin now!

After walking through a lot of grave yards yesterday, I think there should be a coin about them.

Funny you should mention that!

I was thinking of a REAL coin --

"Geocache Memorial Coin"

This coin would celebrate all the caches that have been muggled and feature the Grim Reaper on one side and an Ammo Can with Angel wings on the other.

The idea is that when you "revive" a muggled cache -- you would place this as a FTF.

If it was trackable, then it could visit caches near the site of a muggled cache.

Now that I have access to my image editing suite at home here is my graphical entry in the absurd coin category.

wafflecoin.gif

The 50th Anniversary of Waffle House GeoCoin!!!!

EDIT: Oh yeah... it'd have to have "Scattered, Smothered, Covered, Chunked, Topped & Diced" around the edge too. :laughing:

Man I love that place when I get a chance to go south I always hit a Waffle House for food.

EDIT: Quoted wrong thread, I meant to quote my own "Crappy Cache Coin" thread--

Please folks! :blink:

This was a joke!

I really wasn't serious about suggesting leaving this in a cache.

I would hate to think that my joke ended up being used to mark what people thought was a crappy cache. :(:(:(

Remember, it's all in the eyes of the finder!

One man's trash is another man's treasure. ;)

D-man B)

Edited by gridlox