My Cache With Rules - Feedback Needed!

jackratt

I want to place a cache and based on a lot of the recent discussions in the forums I want to make it a cache that everyone can enjoy. Therefore I am submitting it here prior to submitting it for approval in case there’s any ‘tweaking’ that needs to be done. It will be a puzzle cache but, of course, I do not list the puzzle below. Please read this over and comment. Be sure to read the entire post, especially those italics at the bottom!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Solving the puzzle will give you the coordinates to the cache container, well at least the coordinates at the time of submitting for approval. Once it’s approved I will move it a short distance to a better place which just happens to be on private property. Be prepared to do some head scratching on this one. Logs that indicate you have not scratched your head will be deleted.

Heavy bushwacking to the cache site will be required. Please be respectful and do not break, bend or otherwise disturb the vegetation in this environmentally sensitive area. You must approach this cache from a different direction than the previous finder. If I believe that you have disturbed the area while searching for this cache I will delete your log.

Once you find the cache you may log it as a ‘find’ online. Any return trips to the cache (Travel Bug drop off, for example) should be logged as a ‘note’. Finders who have not adequately tried to persuade me to offer additional smilies will have their logs deleted (I accept Pay Pal).

I take my puzzle-making skills very seriously therefore I must insist that each person logging the cache as a ‘find’ must have solved the puzzle completely on his/her own; no help from other cachers, non-cachers, reference books, Google, etc. will be allowed. Each cacher must first send me a sworn statement of fact that he/she has personally solved the puzzle before I give my permission for you to log your find. Please fax notarized staements to (***) ***-**** Logs submitted before permission is granted will be deleted.

I verify the online log with the physical log. Once you log online I will immediately drive the ten miles and walk to the cache to check the physical log. They better match or you know what!

I log all my DNF’s and I must insist that cachers looking for my caches do the same. If you have in any way looked for, started to look for, or thought about looking for this cache without finding it you MUST log a DNF. Cachers who do not find the cache and fail to log anything for it will have their logs deleted.

If you find anything objectionable about this cache please open a thread on the forums and flame me to your heart’s content. People failing to flame me will have their logs deleted.

Thank you for looking for my cache and I hope that this will be a positive experience for you! Persons who have not found this to be a positive experience will have their logs deleted.

(In the interest of full disclosure and the fact that it is difficult to discern a tone of voice through the written word, the above cache information is intended as a joke. It has no basis in fact because it is just too darn cold to go outside and cache. Your comments to this are welcome – people who write disagreeable things about me in the forums will have their logs deleted.)

Edited by jackratt
I log all my DNF’s and I must insist that cachers looking for my caches do the same. If you have in any way looked for, started to look for, or thought about looking for this cache without finding it you MUST log a DNF. Cachers who do not find the cache and fail to log anything for it will have their logs deleted.

Shouldn't you mean

Cachers who do not find the cache and fail to log anything for it will have their logs created. :)

Feedback - I read the first paragraph then posted the message. Too much information & rules. Heavy bushwacking will destory the little plants no matter how you look at it and I normally take a straight line approach even if it is the HARD way to the location (if I plan first then it will be the easy way). Place the cache - EDIT THE DESCRIPTIONS & GUIDELINES - many folks will not read them or ignore them anyway. I do NOT like specific logging instructions and if I want to find your cache I will take any means to solve the puzzle if I can't figure it out on my own. I think caching should be fun, that is why you get the :) .

How much in advance should we FAX our Noterized Statement of Puzzle Solveablity to obtain permission to log? We would not want to have premature logging......

Oh and here is my DNF since I did in fact think of this cache but could not find it. :)

(now if I tell you that I thought REALLY hard about the cache and almost saw the container, can I change that DNF to a smilie??? PLEASE :) )

(In the interest of full disclosure and the fact that it is difficult to discern a tone of voice through the written word, the above reply is intended as a joke.) :)

EDIT:Spelling...OOPS

Edited by ParentsofSAM

Each cacher must first send me a sworn statement of fact that he/she has personally solved the puzzle before I give my permission for you to log your find.

You can NOT require that you be contacted before you can log a find. What happens if you quite caching, die etc.... I know that is what our local approve and I think gc.com policy is. And just because it has been done in the past doen't make it valid for the future.

cheers

I'll bet 3000 quatloos that over 25% of the replies to the OP do not have their sarcasmeter properly tuned.  :)  :)

PS I did not think about this cache while typing this post; therefore I will not be logging a DNF at this time. :D

I would make it 75%. :):D

Edit: In hindsight it is now back to 25% or less. :D

Edited by carleenp

I think I solved the puzzle, and in order to meet the logging requirements, I wrote a sworn statement that I did not recieve any help from any outside individual or resource. In fact, I didn't even use my brain for fear of violating the logging requirements. Even had the secretary notarize it-she's learned not to ask too many questions of me.

But when we tried to fax it to (***) ***-**** the fax machine spit out an error code and started smoking, so...

Here's my DNF.

Edit: I'll see your 3000 quatloos and raise you 5000. It appears that many of the posters here did not see the thread that caused this...

Edited by dkwolf
  It appears that many of the posters here did not see the thread that caused this...

Even if they didn't see this thread, I think many are not reading the last paragraph in italics and actually taking it seriously by making "no you can't do this according to the guidelines" comments! :)

Kinda like posting at the end of a pre-sales coin thread on page 5 " I'll take 2 LE please" when the sales ended on page 3. :)

Edited by GeoBrowns

Me and my pals solved the puzzle, after some help from a not-to-be-named spoiler website. My fax machine doesn't work, so we logged it anyways. Coords were way off, and I poked my finger on a dirty syringe in the cache. Since it was almost near a bridge I also posted an SBA.

Thanks for the cache!

I have a conundrum. If I read your instructions which say: "Heavy bushwacking to the cache site will be required. Please be respectful and do not break, bend or otherwise disturb the vegetation in this environmentally sensitive area. You must approach this cache from a different direction than the previous finder."

Is my actually reading this considered getting help from another cacher and will it cause my log to be deleted? :)

I want to place a cache and based on a lot of the recent discussions in the forums I want to make it a cache that everyone can enjoy. Therefore I am submitting it here prior to submitting it for approval in case there’s any ‘tweaking’ that needs to be done. It will be a puzzle cache but, of course, I do not list the puzzle below. Please read this over and comment. Be sure to read the entire post, especially those italics at the bottom!

Solving the puzzle will give you the coordinates to the cache container, well at least the coordinates at the time of submitting for approval. Once it’s approved I will move it a short distance to a better place which just happens to be on private property. Be prepared to do some head scratching on this one. Logs that indicate you have not scratched your head will be deleted.

Heavy bushwacking to the cache site will be required. Please be respectful and do not break, bend or otherwise disturb the vegetation in this environmentally sensitive area. You must approach this cache from a different direction than the previous finder. If I believe that you have disturbed the area while searching for this cache I will delete your log.

Once you find the cache you may log it as a ‘find’ online. Any return trips to the cache (Travel Bug drop off, for example) should be logged as a ‘note’. Finders who have not adequately tried to persuade me to offer additional smilies will have their logs deleted (I accept Pay Pal).

I take my puzzle-making skills very seriously therefore I must insist that each person logging the cache as a ‘find’ must have solved the puzzle completely on his/her own; no help from other cachers, non-cachers, reference books, Google, etc. will be allowed. Each cacher must first send me a sworn statement of fact that he/she has personally solved the puzzle before I give my permission for you to log your find. Please fax notarized staements to (***) ***-**** Logs submitted before permission is granted will be deleted.

I verify the online log with the physical log. Once you log online I will immediately drive the ten miles and walk to the cache to check the physical log. They better match or you know what!

If you find anything objectionable about this cache please open a thread on the forums and flame me to your heart’s content. People failing to flame me will have their logs deleted.

Thank you for looking for my cache and I hope that this will be a positive experience for you! Persons who have not found this to be a positive experience will have their logs deleted.

(In the interest of full disclosure and the fact that it is difficult to discern a tone of voice through the written word, the above cache information is intended as a joke. It has no basis in fact because it is just too darn cold to go outside and cache. Your comments to this are welcome – people who write disagreeable things about me in the forums will have their logs deleted.)

JR thanks for the laugh. At first I was thinking what the.....I'd never attempt this guys caches but by the end I was laughing. Thanks I needed that after being skunked by 6 of the 9 caches today.

How much do I PayPal you for the right to log 10 Christmas smiley's? I'd go as high as $25, figuring the gas for that many Smileys could cost me that much. If you don't respond, I'll promptly log my DNF. Only one? or should that be 10 DNFs? hmm - I could ask for guidance on this thorny issue right here in the forums. When is a DNF really 10 DNFs?

Is my actually reading this considered getting help from another cacher and will it cause my log to be deleted?

You betcha!

And on that note, I would like to add that this cache had better NOT be in an ammo box.  Ammo boxes should be BANNED.

Well, it IS in an ammo box, but the good news is, the box is welded shut.

When is a DNF really 10 DNFs?

I may have to get a ruling on this. Didn't Ozguff have an experience with this sort of thing?!

Is my actually reading this considered getting help from another cacher and will it cause my log to be deleted?

You betcha!

And on that note, I would like to add that this cache had better NOT be in an ammo box.  Ammo boxes should be BANNED.

Well, it IS in an ammo box, but the good news is, the box is welded shut.

When is a DNF really 10 DNFs?

I may have to get a ruling on this. Didn't Ozguff have an experience with this sort of thing?!

Crap. Now instead of a desk buried in paper, I have a desk buried in paper heavily misted in eggnog.

Well, that was fun; thanks to all who wrote. Time to close this thread. For those who missed my attempt at sarcasm, it's my fault. If you don't know what I'm saying then I'm not 'splaining myself good enough. No hard feelings?

Next time I'll try to keep it short. One last thing - wimseyguy, your check is in the mail.