What To Do With Treasures

carolalma

Many of my travel bugs are cute things I've found in caches, that just seem to say "I want to be a TB" For example: This one and this one and this one.

I'm not caching with kids and I usually do TNLN (other than my signature item -photo magnets) but I have been collecting from caches Christmas ornaments and things that can be used as Christmas ornaments and this year I will have a small GeoChristmasTree decorated with them. And every time I find one of those little mini-Furbys I've taken it. There are five of them sitting on the computer desk right now. They proabably will go on the GeoTree too.

NevaP, trying to decide what to be when she grows up.

Usually what I keep is either items that my kids would enjoy (like a toy race car, etc.) or WG bills (though I have also created and put in 1 or 2 of them as well). Sometimes I'll take other items for the purpose of putting in some other cache in the future.

I have not taken travel bugs yet as I want to better understand how to log them, etc. I almost took travel bugs for the first time on the two caches I hit yesterday, but both were stuffed animals that my son wanted badly and it was easier to explain to him there why we didn't take it than explain why we took it home but are putting it back in another box a week or two later.

Edited by hairymon

A few things I like to keep, like a brass ball paperweight or sig items. Other things either get traded back in or I use them to help start a new cache. Sometimes I just drop things in and take nothing out, or even TNLNSL...on the few occasions I've left my trade items in the car.