Great Cache Swops Of Our Time!

The Royles wrote:

Did you not know that Peg is his wife

;):blink::lol:

If she's his wife, then maybe it was trading up. :lol: Then again, I haven't met his wife... :blink:

Some trade reports can be misleading, though. I was FTF on one of the first caches I did, and I took a rather nice and probably fairly pricey multitool and left a mercury maze. I thought later that my log may have read as if I'd left one of those little round plastic out-of-a-Christmas-cracker things in place of a multitool. I didn't. It was about six inches by six, well made, in its original box, and probably more pricey than the multitool.

yay - go Cathrene...!! :blink:

Sorry Golem, no prize. "Left nothing, took Simply Red CD" sounds like a fair swap to me. :blink:

Actually, if I saw a log like that on one of my own caches, especially from an inexperienced cacher, I'd be sure to drop them a polite email to ask them not to do it again. The more experienced the cacher, the less polite the email would be ;)

SP

We have occasionally left a toolkit keyring, its a really nice swap item a lot of people seem to like. However the logs go "took keyring left toy dinosaur". Or as we saw on a cache we left a brand new watch in took watch left nothing that did annoy us they even wrot it in the online log.

The non logging finders are just as bad.

Dear All

I read with disgrace the way you have offended Simply Red fans; just because these unfortunate people were not blessed with the ability to hear does not mean we should take the P*** out of them. After all they have to live with this unfortunate affliction and that is bad enough.

Milton :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Saw a similar one recently

out: the emergency wistle

in: nothing, sorry

It's obvious the cacher knew they were doing the wrong thing and I can't see what attraction the whistle held. I'm sure most people carry cash on them. It's a bit of a lame swap (unless they're either substantial or unusual) but better than a sorry!

Feel sorry for folks with demanding kids but why go out caching unprepared for swaps. That's not fair either on the kids or the cache owner.

To me everyone either has money or batteries in thier pocket i had to leave some 2300 nimh batteries once because i forgot my swaps and the kids found something really nice in a cache.

Now own up how many adults have taken the water pistols we keep leaving in caches :ph34r:

Fair trading is one of the ways we educate our kids, we also have a taking turns to go first system at caches.

Themed caches are a major bind especially for the younger two children who really dont understand this concept especially Aaron who suffers from semantic pragmatic learning difficulties.

One of my caches had a Rolexe watch.... and the spelling was correct.

I pulled it out and was going to turn it into a travel bug but I just haven't got round to it yet. I wonder how long it would live in the wild, seeing as even cheap stuff I have got out of Christmas crackers and turned into TBs have gone missing.

If we find something we really like in a cache, but dont have anything suitable to swop, we will always leave 50p or a £1 instead...you can guarantee that the money will be the next thing to be taken by the next finders! :drama:

Back last year, we found Stonefisk's cache by the first Severn Bridge. He'd taken a lot of time & effort into placing some really good things in the cache. We took the cordless mouse (which we still use!) but all we had to leave was a fish pendant on a string. We wrote in the log that we would return (we only live a few miles away) & leave something elce to make up for it, but only a few days after, the cache went missing...I still feel bad about that :lol:

S.xx

If we find something we really like in a cache, but dont have anything suitable to swop, we will always leave 50p or a £1 instead...you can guarantee that the money will be the next thing to be taken by the next finders! :huh:

Back last year, we found Stonefisk's cache by the first Severn Bridge. He'd taken a lot of time & effort into placing some really good things in the cache. We took the cordless mouse (which we still use!) but all we had to leave was a fish pendant on a string. We wrote in the log that we would return (we only live a few miles away) & leave something elce to make up for it, but only a few days after, the cache went missing...I still feel bad about that :)

S.xx

If you feel particularly guilty why not create a cache in honour of the one that went missing?

Shep, Seren & Tess Dog wrote:

We took the cordless mouse (which we still use!) but all we had to leave was a fish pendant on a string. We wrote in the log that we would return (we only live a few miles away) & leave something elce to make up for it, but only a few days after, the cache went missing...I still feel bad about that

Don't feel bad about it, feel good. If someone stole the cache then they gained less than they might have done.