*** This Just In***

RocketMan

This just in!

On April 20th at 1:30am, my son, William Francis Holden was born! He weighed 7lbs 13oz and was 20" long.

Big Will Holden

williambd3.jpg

Woo Hoo! Congrats Eric and Hill! :)

Congratulations mom and dad. With that name he's all set to become a movie star.

Congrats 00020184.gif 0002028C.gif

What kind of GPSr is he going to use. 000201DD.gif

Congrats to you both!

So what's his caching name? :lol:

So what's his caching name? [/size] :lol:

Click on the link...

I'm with Harmon -- he's gunna be a movie star with that name...

Is that a little PO on his face? (he is a poo maker after all...)

Congrats! (when's he gunna start climbing trees and crawling through storm drains?)

Edited by FlagMan

So what's his caching name? [/size] :P

Big Will Holden, there is a little clicky link as Flagman stated.

Click on the link...

I'm with Harmon -- he's gunna be a movie star with that name...

Is that a little PO on his face? (he is a poo maker after all...)

Congrats! (when's he gunna start climbing trees and crawling through storm drains?)

Thanks!

As soon as the boy can walk he will be out with me caching. Going to take him to the rock climbing gym ASAP so he can be ready for the polar bear madness.

This just in!

On April 20th at 1:30am, my son, William Francis Holden was born! He weighed 7lbs 13oz and was 20" long.

Big Will Holden

williambd3.jpg

Woo Hoo! Congrats Eric and Hill! :o

Congrats on the birth of another member in the geocaching community. It's always better when the new member is a handsome little guy and not some hideous troll. ( I shall not mention any names but trolls can please pipe in and identify themselves). Next to the mountain of a man that Eric is, the child looks like a little toy doll, but handsome none the less. Congrats.

Only a person in Alabama would think of this.

From the county where drunk driving is cosidered a sport, comes this true story.

Recently a routine police patrol parked outside a bar in Childersburg , Alabama ,

noticed a man leaving the bar so apparently intoxicated that he could barely walk.

The man stumbled around the parking lot for a few minutes, with the officer quietly

observing.

After what seemed an eternity in which he tried his keys on five different vehicles,

the man managed to find his car and fall into it.

He sat there for a few minutes as a number of other patrons left the bar and drove off.

Finally he started the car, switched the wipers on and off... it was a fine, dry summer

night, flicked the blinkers on and off a couple of times, honked the horn and then

switched on the lights.

He moved the vehicle forward a few inches, reversed a little and then remained still for

a few more minutes as some more of the other patrons' vehicles left.

At last, when his was the only car left in the parking lot, he pulled out and drove slowly

down the road.

The police officer, having waited patiently all this time, now started up his patrol car,

put on the flashing lights, promptly pulled the man over and administered a breathalyzer

test.

To his amazement, the breathalyzer indicated no evidence that the man had consumed

any alcohol at all!

Dumbfounded, the officer said, I'll have to ask you to accompany me to the police station.

This breathalyzer equipment must be broken.'

'I doubt it,' said the truly proud Redneck. 'Tonight I'm the Designated Decoy.

Only a person in Alabama would think of this.

From the county where drunk driving is cosidered a sport, comes this true story.

Recently a routine police patrol parked outside a bar in Childersburg , Alabama ,

noticed a man leaving the bar so apparently intoxicated that he could barely walk.

The man stumbled around the parking lot for a few minutes, with the officer quietly

observing.

After what seemed an eternity in which he tried his keys on five different vehicles,

the man managed to find his car and fall into it.

He sat there for a few minutes as a number of other patrons left the bar and drove off.

Finally he started the car, switched the wipers on and off... it was a fine, dry summer

night, flicked the blinkers on and off a couple of times, honked the horn and then

switched on the lights.

He moved the vehicle forward a few inches, reversed a little and then remained still for

a few more minutes as some more of the other patrons' vehicles left.

At last, when his was the only car left in the parking lot, he pulled out and drove slowly

down the road.

The police officer, having waited patiently all this time, now started up his patrol car,

put on the flashing lights, promptly pulled the man over and administered a breathalyzer

test.

To his amazement, the breathalyzer indicated no evidence that the man had consumed

any alcohol at all!

Dumbfounded, the officer said, I'll have to ask you to accompany me to the police station.

This breathalyzer equipment must be broken.'

'I doubt it,' said the truly proud Redneck. 'Tonight I'm the Designated Decoy.

Good story! Looks like Otis got some help from Goober... :laughing:

Lately I've been out of circulation due to being a care-giver for my sweet-bride's reworked big toe.

The result is that I haven't scored a find nor even a DNF since early March. Thing is that I was

expecting to keep my head in the game by staying tuned to local activities by way of our usually

entertaining San Diego Forum threads.

Well, too bad, our local threads are limping along at a pace that would bore GeoSnails. What's up

with that?

So maybe I can stir up a modicum of Forum activity for my own entertainment by asking questions

about Forum posts from days of yore. Perhaps I could put a quiz together that can be answered only

by mining answers from our San Diego threads, or by actual recollections. The first-prize would be

an email giving a set of coordinates for a sleeper cache that the quiz-winner can activiate as owner.

That would save some placement effort for the winner as owner and would, get this, allow the owner

to honestly claim a find on their own Geocache assuming that they walk-the-walk and sign the(ir) log.

Ain't that weird?

The quiz would take the form of a Word-document accessible by Internet link and then responses

would be submitted via email to SD Rowdies. First one with earliest correct answers declared winner

of course.

Stupid idea, huh? O well.

Here's an easy example just to give you an idea of what's proposed. In this case just post your

response here as a Thread Reply.

Challenge: Identify the Geocache and the Forum Thread where

and date that the image was originally posted.

7f0b8f02-59d8-472a-b57d-1a9bda494daf.jpg

Yeah, I know, .... desperate for Geocaching entertainment. Maybe I'll just bake

some more cookies.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Yeah, I know, .... desperate for Geocaching entertainment. Maybe I'll just bake

some more cookies.

Harmon, you need to get out more!!! Seriously... You're deteriorating fast... but I'll have some chocolate chip cookies if that's OK. :)

Yep, that's what I was thinking but right now my robo-booted bride has to put up with needing me a bit.

Actually my chocolate-chip with mojo nuts and raisins cookies are outrageously good. Lemme see now ... cube of butter, one egg, walnuts, raisins, chocolate-chips, mix; yep, all set for tomorrow. Life is good?

By the way, deteriorating fast at my age is not so good.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Harmon, maybe this will cheer you up and get you out of the house for at least a quick run to Max's:

0e0266cb-c483-4c3f-874e-982e977dfc3a.jpg

Great card!! Very creative! :)

Dang! todays is sheets, floors, shopping, meals, and other duties as assigned. Maybe I can fool Sandy into an outing under some clever, seemingly heartfelt guise. Truth is I'll have a hissy-fit if I don't wind up with one of the first issue cards.

Great job on concept and layout by the way.

Harmon, maybe this will cheer you up and get you out of the house for at least a quick run to Max's:

0e0266cb-c483-4c3f-874e-982e977dfc3a.jpg

Great card!! Very creative! :)

Dang! todays is sheets, floors, shopping, meals, and other duties as assigned. Maybe I can fool Sandy into an outing under some clever, seemingly heartfelt guise. Truth is I'll have a hissy-fit if I don't wind up with one of the first issue cards.

Great job on concept and layout by the way.

I'm b-a-c-k and it seems that I'm also FTG (First to Grab.) Sandy said "Go grab one for your collection."

Took two TNG #4 of course so's I can give one to my pal Splashette. Remaining were twenty-two TNG #4 and one TNG#3. I spent a lot of time looking over the twenty-two just in case there were some missprints. Apparently I screwed up on the missprints, dang it.

Ah yes, the good old days of the Yrium cards, the memories ... making yet-another card-grab past midnight at Max's Favorite Park and have some other rabid Geocacher come crashing through the bushes toward me. Funny how often I would meet other Geocachers dashing to the park to grab a new-release for their set.

Those were the days my friend ... oops, there goes the dryer, must fold. Ta-ta.

Edited by SD Rowdies
Those were the days my friend ... oops, there goes the dryer, must fold. Ta-ta.

I'll say this about Harmon...here's a guy who knows when to hold'em and when to fold'em... :)

Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! ... and I'm as old as the geezer that introduced that song.

You should see my whites. Sparkling!

Edited by SD Rowdies

I don't know if I should admit this here, but there are other obsessive-compulsive hobbies besides caching. I gave up my caching day today to chase a train (Well, OK, I did bag a couple of caches, but only a couple...)

It is a very rare thing to see a steam locomotive in San Diego, but today was a rare day. The last LA to SD passenger train to be pulled by a steam powered locomotive came to town in August 1953. That is, until today! (And, as it happens, it's the same locomotive!)

Here she is crossing the slough at Torrey Pines State Beach:

33a3668e-40c6-46f9-8636-82b22cc4f61c.jpg

And here she is crossing Ash Street north of the Santa Fe Depot.

f02eb964-8232-470f-9dd7-4a0775bdb848.jpg

I don't know if I should admit this here, but there are other obsessive-compulsive hobbies besides caching. I gave up my caching day today to chase a train (Well, OK, I did bag a couple of caches, but only a couple...)

It is a very rare thing to see a steam locomotive in San Diego, but today was a rare day. The last LA to SD passenger train to be pulled by a steam powered locomotive came to town in August 1953. That is, until today! (And, as it happens, it's the same locomotive!)

Here she is crossing the slough at Torrey Pines State Beach:

33a3668e-40c6-46f9-8636-82b22cc4f61c.jpg

And here she is crossing Ash Street north of the Santa Fe Depot.

f02eb964-8232-470f-9dd7-4a0775bdb848.jpg

I'm not really a "train guy" but once I had a chance to one-up a couple of pals that are.

bf9f224c-666f-431b-bec7-561548506294.jpg

Dave of Clari-netacache and Bob of Baldy & Goldilocks, both train fanatics, were shocked to see

me doing yard-duty on this old steamer that runs out of Yreka, CA.

Edited by SD Rowdies

**** This Just In ****

Mrs. RocketMan and I met up with some San Diego friends near the Grand Canyon to check out the awesome waterfalls of the Havasupai. You can read the story and see more pictures here and here.

The place is difficult to get to, but well worth the trip. We spent almost 3 hours on horseback getting to the Supai Village, about 8 miles hiking to the falls and another 3 hours on horseback to return to the rim.

Havasu Falls

9f171ae6-1a2e-48b8-87bc-32127ca75031.jpg

Mooney Falls

f096cce5-8b27-431f-8d18-0cd2d39d54ea.jpg

**** This Just In ****

Mrs. RocketMan and I met up with some San Diego friends near the Grand Canyon to check out the awesome waterfalls of the Havasupai. You can read the story and see more pictures here and here.

The place is difficult to get to, but well worth the trip. We spent almost 3 hours on horseback getting to the Supai Village, about 8 miles hiking to the falls and another 3 hours on horseback to return to the rim.

Havasu Falls

Mooney Falls

Looks like it was worth it.

Thanks for sharing.

These just in ... from SDCET outing of June 7, 2008.

Below: Otay Mountain Truck Trail panorama

Pano%20Otay%20Mountain.jpg

Our porous national border

Porous%20Borders.jpg

What flavor of cake would you expect from BoysnBarrie? Nope ... delicious PUD cake.

PUD%20Cake%20Otay%20Mountain.jpg

Attacked by roving mirror-grafitti rascal.

Mirror%20Geocaching.jpg

Question: What color truck should you buy for dirt roads?

Answer: Not this color

Why%20I%20oughta%20.jpg

Use link below for group shot with two missing persons. Maybe there weren't twenty-four?

SDCET Group Shot June 7, 2008

Edited by SD Rowdies
**** This Just In ****

Havasu Falls

Mooney Falls

Very cool photos Dave! While your butt was getting sore there my butt was getting sore on the other side of the world. Plus we were getting attacked by mean monkeys... :wub::wub:

Here's a photo of me resting my sore butt at the top of Penang Hill. Note that the younger coworker with me didn't have this problem... :)

35c264bf-c1f8-43ac-b4d0-b929cd699502.jpg

Edited by TrailGators

*** This Just In ***

Urban "cache and dashing" takes on whole new meaning!

Drive by caches are now drive up and reach out caches... soon there will be college students on roller skates delivering caches on trays...

94141b8d-07af-495a-984d-11bb817b49b9.jpg

A few of us have been there and done that.

132caac7-592c-452c-96b0-6a0a11d5dd4f.jpg

Hi Janie!

Edited by SD Rowdies

This was spotted on the roads in Oklahoma today! Must be a loose red herring! I wonder if there is a jellybelly one also?

6411d10f-9c57-4c31-87be-7dcf68ff593b.jpg

Notice the Gas price of $379.9 !! The lowest I have seen on my trip is $3.65. See - it Pays to travel to areas where gas prices are less! ... or does it?