It's Official: My 2006 Personal Coins Are Ordered

AtlantaGal

Should have them in about 3 weeks or thereabouts. Back side will remain just like my current coin version. The new front side is shown as a comp below.

I'm sticking with the Nickle (silver) for my main coin again. Both sides will have epoxy coating. There will be limited editions of Copper (35) and Gold (15).

ag2006coin.jpg

Other than the trades I owe to Joefrog and Ladycacher, I am going to try to hold off on trades that include this coin until closer to when these will be in hand. The epoxy should really change th look & feel of the coin. I'm anxious to see them :lol:

How does one who already traded for a 2005 get a 2006?

There are so many coins coming out now and in the next few months, I know we'll be able to work something out. I looked and in the last 2 weeks, I spent $140 buying various new coins. I won't be able to keep that up.

And I still need a f0t0m0m gold coin (save me one), so someday will be here in a few weeks.

I'll start the bidding on one then, 1 (more) Cruiserdude coin, one Wooden sig Arrowhead, 1 Mohagany Arrowhead.

LOL.

Seriously, just get an extra of a future coin on presale and trade me it. I cannot afford to keep buying all these new coins as they're released. I'd rather trade for them. It looks like there are several states working on coins currently who have not started accepting orders.

There are so many coins coming out now and in the next few months, I know we'll be able to work something out. I looked and in the last 2 weeks, I spent $140 buying various new coins. I won't be able to keep that up.

And I still need a f0t0m0m gold coin (save me one), so someday will be here in a few weeks.

Tell me about it! I used to think 2 editions a MONTH was a bit much -- now it's almost two editions a week -- in fact, I would hazzard a guess that there is a new coin announced every three days!

I'll find "something" to trade for one of your coins. I like the ones I already have!

UPDATE!

Ugh, where do I start. Well I would have had my new coins in hand by Friday (several days early) IF the order had been placed correctly.

I got home after business hours last night and found a "paid" invoice from Coins for Anything in my email. That would normally be great news because it means that my coins are at their facility in VA and ready to ship out to me. Well upon inspecting the invoice, I didn't see the "epoxy" notation with my coin specs. Yet, I was charged for it.

Soooo, I leave a voice mail message last night and also reply to the invoice email metioning the missing epoxy coating in the coins specs plus forward them a copy of the original coin quote I signed off on when my art was submitted.

After 3 phonecalls today trying to get an answer, I find out my coins are in and indeed are missing the epoxy coating. Then I am told by the assistant that in order to get the epoxy put on my coins it will be another 2-3 weeks? Is she nuts? That's unacceptable. She also said I could be refunded for the epoxy and they could ship the coins as is.

So I fired off a detailed email to the business owner who will hopefully offer me a MUCH shorter timeline or better resolution some time tomorrow.

Bottom line is, I am pissed. B)

Sorry to hear that... Hopefully they can work it out to your satifaction. Hard to underdtand the 2-3 weeks, unless that is the next opening in that part of the process. Hopefully someone will be able to adjust schedules to bump yours up in the queue.

I suspect that timeframe allows for the cheapest shipping method back to the production company (which is overseas). The epoxy process would take 1 day for each side with drying time. So it's not like the coins couldn't be shipped back out to VA within 3 days.

Based on what I know, it would probably be cheaper for them to just have the order redone (reorders take 9-12 days). This may also be why I was given the 2-3 week timeframe.

Personally, the only way I'll be happy and not pull my future business (and the referral business I send them) is if I have my order in-hand next week as planned.

How about if they re-order, it takes 2 weeks and in the mean time they give you the incorrect ones at no cost so that you have something to work with for now....

Oh yeah, sure I'd do that... it would save me from reordering in the late winter like I planned, lol. I'll find out tomorrow sometime.

I'm still not happy.

How about if they re-order, it takes 2 weeks and in the mean time they give you the incorrect ones at no cost so that you have something to work with for now....

Haggle a few of these off of them anyway and auction them off as "The ULTRA-RARE Atlanta Gal 2006 ERROR Coin" B)

Of course, the mint will have more of them than you will. B)

Atlanta Gal, I am just curious. Did you have to get permission to use the gc logo?

I like the coin by the way, we used to live in GA and so will hope for a trade one day.

Yes, I got permission to use the gc.com logo when I originally minted coins in May '05. It's the same die being used for this coin, so I didn't ask for permission again.

LATEST UPDATE

Coins are on their way back to the production facility via 2-day FedEx. If customs doesn't hold them up, they should be received on Friday. The facility works both Saturday and Sunday and there is a rush on finishing my coins. So, they should be on the way back to VA via 2-day FedEx at the latest by Tuesday (10/25) and received in VA either Thursday or Friday. They ship to me via priority mail the same day they're received (which takes 2 days in my experience).

The result is that I should have my coins anywhere between 10/29 and 11/1. So not too much of a delay considering their screw up. I can deal with this.

Well my coins are done, but won't be on their way back till 10/31? So it's looking like 11/4 or 11/5 is when I'll see them. I tried to light a fire under them to ship back now. So we'll see what happens.

CFA owner contacted me too. Said he'd personally handle any future order of mine and offered me a sweet incentive on my reorder of this design.

Thanx for the warning...to not do business there...I say get a refund and go somewhere where they'll get it right.

Well they've gotten 2 past coin orders right, fedex misdelivered a 3rd order to another business the last time (fedex's fault), and now this order was screwed up because of an oversight on the order placer (their graphic artist).

So while I am not happy about the situation, I don't know that I would tell people not to order coins from them. They have a high quality product (Team Shydog, JeeptoysRus, ladycacher, johnnie lacy, 2005 Georgia and many other coins were produced by this company). I have been promised by the owner that the customer service issues have been addressed and quality control mistakes will never happen again. I also received a VERY nice incentive on a future reorder or new coin order -- and I didn't even ask for it.

In the end, the coins are only delayed a full week from the date they were originally promised. Considering all this, it's not so bad.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Okay, I have the tracking number on my coins and it looks like they'll be here monday. I'm getting all the mailers I don't have ready, ready now.

Here is the list of people I have trades with that include my 2006 coin(s). These trades may also include other coins we are also trading that I have not shipped yet and those are already packed into your individual mailers.

If you have set up a trade with me or have mailed me a coin and DO NOT see your name on this list, please email me and remind me of our trade so I can look it up.

** = I already received your part of our trade, and yours will be mailed first.

Federation - 06 silver

Vargseld? - 06 silver

Moun10bike - 06 silver **

Team Sandollar - 06 silver**

Kevin68 - 06 silver

Cache & Keri - 06 silver

Wildwoodbob - 06 silver

dhenniger - 06 silver **

Ladycacher - 06 silver **

Danceswithmoose - 06 silver

Ray & Rose - 06 silver **

Neisonc - 06 silver

Spencersb - 06 silver

Dhobby - 06 silver **

Graylling - 06 silver

Cornerstone4 - 06 silver **

Smokey & The Teacher - 06 copper **

Prairie Partners - 06 silver **

Facedances - 06 silver **

Joefrog - 06 silver **

GranpaKim - 06 silver

dancingfool - 06 silver **

opticsboy - 06 silver **

f0t0m0m - 06 silver **

Sgt. Stitches - 06 silver

hydnsek - 06 silver

Thorny1 - 06 silver

Kilted Cacher - 06 silver

Geonap - 06 silver

Damenace - 06 silver

Fire Elemental - 06 gold

1markeymark1 - 06 silver **

kealia - 06 silver **

Ogeo - 06 silver

Mauison - 06 copper

Geocrickets - 06 silver

FabFive - 06 silver

Blind Avacado - 06 silver

pdxmarathonman - 06 silver

2bugs - 06 silver

On Tuesday: I'll contact everyone to let you know that I have shipped OR I am ready to ship OR to find out the status of the coin(s) that you're trading to me.

Edited by AtlantaGal
FYI, I shipped my coin to you on Wednesday.

Yeah, I figured there are at least 4-5 folks named here that have coins already on the way to me... I have 2 days to receive mail between now and then... And I am aware of a few folks named who are mailing at the same time (they're waiting on me). So the list will be updated.

I'm basically just making sure I didn't forget anyone who is getting a 2006 coin.

To be honest most will all mail out on Tuesday regardless. There are only a few I'll be holding back to find out approx when the other party will be ready to mail to me.

Edited by AtlantaGal

OKay, I got some free time and packed up and shipped MOST of my trades. I have a few more that will go out tomorrow or Wednesday.

Here's who I shipped to today:

Federation

Vargseld?

Moun10bike

Team Sandollar

dhenniger

Ladycacher

Ray & Rose

Neisonc

Dhobby

Graylling

Cornerstone4

Smokey & The Teacher

Prairie Partners

Facedances

Joefrog

dancingfool

opticsboy

f0t0m0m

Sgt. Stitches

Kilted Cacher

Geonap

Damenace

Fire Elemental

1markeymark1

kealia

Ogeo

Geocrickets

FabFive

pdxmarathonman

GBOTS

FlyinV

Team Bigdawg

Wildwoodbob

Mailers included any other on-going/pending trades we have as well as my 2006 coin.

Here's a photo of them:

2006coins1.jpg