What Do The Kids Like These Days?

For those of you who cache with/for the kiddies... what is it that they LOVE to find in a cache? Some popular items I've discovered as of late: Yu-Gi-Oh cards, and Mighty Beanz. The girls got their hands on their first packets of those Beanz today. Now I'm afraid to bring them to another cache that doesn't have them! :rolleyes:

For those of you who cache with/for the kiddies... what is it that they LOVE to find in a cache? Some popular items I've discovered as of late: Yu-Gi-Oh cards, and Mighty Beanz. The girls got their hands on their first packets of those Beanz today. Now I'm afraid to bring them to another cache that doesn't have them! :lol:

Dang! I was in Ocean State Job Lot a couple of days ago, stocking up on cache-trade stuff, and they had those "Beanz" for a pretty low price -- eother 3/$1 or something else, I forget -- and I almost got some. Then I realized I had no idea what they were or whether or not kids like 'em.

Nothing sadder than a hermit crab who is out of touch with Today's Youth. <_<

I asked my daughter, age 8, what was her favorite part of Geocaching. Her reply was "finding the cache". I asked her if finding a toy in the cache was her favorite part, she said finding something in the cache made it a little bit more fun but she also likes finding micro caches. We always let her decide what to take and what to leave. There seems to be no pattern to her selections.

I know some people are very opinionated about what should be left in a cache and my opinion is that as long as it's not trash and it's family friendly I'm happy and so is my daughter.

my 3yo son loves just to see a nice flower and a bug to kill (I dont agree with the last part)

Teach him to only kill things that he intends to eat ... oh, wait, you might not like the outcome of that either. :(

Jan

Oh god being a conservation major I would love to tell him that but would hate to have to tell his mom why he ate that bug in the back yard

I think it is great to have some caches for little kids, but if you do a cache like that, please please please warn us a head of time what is in the cache so we do not get there and find a MCcache and not know it. :D

I don't have kids so I do not have a clue what is hot, as for the person who put a gameboy in a cache. I'll show you a few caches around my area to put a PS2 in for me ;)

I know our 12 yr old loves to find those plastic bracelets that have a word or phrase engraved in them (it's the newest fad for this year)

Yes. I have seen kids with those rubber bracelets covering their entire arm. ;)

Kinda like this one?

_40783261_wristbands_body203.jpg

I've seen worse, I own a couple of those bands, their called Baller Bands, worn by NBA players and I have a Live Strong Band and a Live Blue Band for UK!!!! Although I never leave them in caches. I like to leave hotwheels.

*Edited to add picture "DUh!"

Edited by treasure_hunter
For those of you who cache with/for the kiddies... what is it that they LOVE to find in a cache? Some popular items I've discovered as of late: Yu-Gi-Oh cards, and Mighty Beanz. The girls got their hands on their first packets of those Beanz today. Now I'm afraid to bring them to another cache that doesn't have them!  ;)

Funny you mention the Beanz. Here in BC (Vancouver area) there is a caching family Wild Wiggly Beanz. Their signature item is a beanz. So far I have found 4 of them in different caches - a cool item for sure. I could just goto the local dollar store, but it's more fun finding one in a cache they have visited.

My 5y/o son, like many have said, anything with wheels. He also likes to find the little superhero figures.

My6y/o daughter, costume jewlrey (yes, including braclets), and those little plastic animals.

They both carry their own swag. They trade swag out item for item, like hot wheel for hot wheel.

As someone else said, their favorite part of geocaching if asked is usually the hike and of course finding the cache!

DC