Is There A Need To Be So Rude?

Don't send rude emails please. It is unnecessary and beneath you to do so. Leave me at my own personal low.

I haven't sent any rude e-mails. In fact, I haven't sent an e-mail to anyone who's posted in this thread.

I beleive he was referring to those who were sending you emails.

OK. Apology accepted.

I'm sure you meant to say,

'oh, sorry. I misunderstood.'

Thanks again. You're really too kind.

woohoo! I got him to respond to me.

I'm all woozy again.

Edited by BlueDeuce

I apologize too. I'll even say it in song:

All these crazy mixed up lies

Floating all around

Making these assumptions brings me down

And you get tight-lipped, how do I know what you think?

Is it something I said when I lost my mind?

Temper too quick, makes me blind

I apologize...

Said I'm sorry, now it's your turn,

Can you look me in the eyes and apologize?

So now sit around staring at the walls

We don't do anything at all

Take out the garbage, maybe, but the dishes don't get done

I apologize...

I apologize...

I apologize...

- Husker Du

Um. What's a sock puppet?  :(

A fake account.

But it's not the case here.

I verified that its a sockpuppet. Sadly your debate skills have atrophied over the years.

Excuse me? I don't think so. You should stop telling lies.

And you should apologize to Haggis.

Um. What's a sock puppet?  :(

A fake account.

I verified that its a sockpuppet. Sadly your debate skills have atrophied over the years.

And we all know what happens to sockpuppets.

Guess Marty isn't going to be replying, huh?

I accept Mad Marty's apology.

Me too!

Sorry again, no apologies from me. It's Jeremy who should be apologizing to Haggis. But we all know too well that he's far too above everyone else to do the right thing.

Thank you for being so big as to apologize. Your apology accepted!

Um. What's a sock puppet?  :P

A fake account.

Duane's back!!!!

I can't believe we spent 9 pages debating with Duane :(:(:(:P

Edited by briansnat
I accept Mad Marty's apology.

Me too!

Sorry again, no apologies from me. It's Jeremy who should be apologizing to Haggis. But we all know too well that he's far too above everyone else to do the right thing.

Thank you for being so big as to apologize. Your apology accepted!

You must be daft. Like others here, you only read what you want to read.

No apologies for you!

I just got here so I just skimmed over all the replies. I do think that if someone wasn't familar with Jeremy they might have taken his reply as rude. However if you hadn't  pushed the issue it would never had escalated to this.

I would imagine that cultural differences might also have caused some misinterputation.

Anyways...everyone bash on! :(

El Diablo

Cultural differences?!? Canadians speak American just like us! :(

Thought he said he was from the UK...like I said I skimmed.

El Diablo

Um. What's a sock puppet?  :P

A fake account.

Duane's back!!!!

I can't believe we spent 9 pages debating with Duane :(:(:(:P

As the Duane expert this guy is too eloquent to be Duane.

This thread has now gone past the forum guidelines for respect to others.

Mad Marty has not apolgised to anyone, and does not need to.

I have apologised to welch on page 7 and in private, as I am big enough to do something like that.

Perhaps Jeremy may want to say something, then close this thread as it is now an attack on Mad Marty, and that is against forum guidelines.

So finally you will admit that you only read what you want. You never acknowledge the fact that Haggis was rude first. You read that he didn't want to come across as the cache police when he sarcastically said he wasn't the cache police. Thanks for finally admitting that you only read what you want. I know that you didn't actually say you but I thought I'd follow your example and read into your post what I wanted.

You know, you can all attempt to change the topic of this thread by accusing me of being a sock puppet (which I am not) but the real issue of this discussion is that Jeremy was extremely rude to someone and instead of apologizing like a man, decides instead to hide behind his supposed wit and the blind followers of this site.

The issue is that Jeremy should apologize to Haggis for being so rude to him earlier this morning.

Don't send rude emails please. It is unnecessary and beneath you to do so. Leave me at my own personal low.

I haven't sent any rude e-mails. In fact, I haven't sent an e-mail to anyone who's posted in this thread.

I beleive he was referring to those who were sending you emails.

OK. Apology accepted.

I'm sure you meant to say,

'oh, sorry. I misunderstood.'

Thanks again. You're really too kind.

A perfect illustration of just how clueless you are. Your welcome.

:(

This thread has now gone past the forum guidelines for respect to others.

Mad Marty has not apolgised to anyone, and does not need to.

I have apologised to welch on page 7 and in private, as I am big enough to do something like that.

Perhaps Jeremy may want to say something, then close this thread as it is now an attack on Mad Marty, and that is against forum guidelines.

I assure you, all the llamas are quite tame, and would never attack MadMarty. :(

Didnt Jeremy (and most of the rest of us) already say Jeremy was a rude jerk? Even when we agree with you, you can find something to argue about.

Oh and my guess as to the sockpuppet - Creekfalls90, they have the same "logic"

So finally you will admit that you only read what you want. You never acknowledge the fact that Haggis was rude first. You read that he didn't want to come across as the cache police when he sarcastically said he wasn't the cache police. Thanks for finally admitting that you only read what you want. I know that you didn't actually say you but I thought I'd follow your example and read into your post what I wanted.

Geez. Get a life man and learn to read. Haggis didn't do or say anything wrong. Jeremy was the one who jumped in with guns blazing and became hostile.

Cultural differences?!?  Canadians speak American just like us!  :(

i 'spose you mean english?

No, I meant "American". I was joking

I apologize for joking. Will you accept my apology?

i accept your apology, and i apologize for not realizing the joke.

You know, you can all attempt to change the topic of this thread by accusing me of being a sock puppet (which I am not) but the real issue of this discussion is that Jeremy was extremely rude to someone and instead of apologizing like a man, decides instead to hide behind his supposed wit and the blind followers of this site.

The issue is that Jeremy should apologize to Haggis for being so rude to him earlier this morning.

Jeremy himself has confirmed that you are indeed a sockpuppet. He can see the IP address of where you are currently and match it up with the IP address of your main account.

There are even those that have become so frustrated for one reason or another that they have created their own sites for this.  Go join the Terracaching.com website and you'll definately find those that will agree.

Yep. Seperatists.

I have two points of order. The first relates to the quotes above. The creator of terracaching.com was banned from here, he didn't leave of frustration. While some of the terracaching.com membership comes from people who have packed up and left GC.com for whatever reason (most not Jeremy-related), the vast majority of the users there also maintain an active account here as well.

The second point of order is to the topic of the entire thread. Jeremy isn't going to win any PR awards any time soon. But often times, the companies with stellar PR use it as a shield from the masses that use their product and you won't get that here either. I don't believe Jeremy should act the way he does all of the time. There's always the opportunity to "be the bigger man" rather than "feed off the tone" (my paraphrase). That being said, even at his most "tough nuts", I think I'd rather put up with that occassionally than not have any interaction with the man behind the curtain.

Excuse me? I don't think so. You should stop telling lies.

There's no excuse for it, MadMarty. I have allowed your other account to exist unbanned on the site for over a year now because you decided to play nice. I'm going to give you two options.

1. Stop using your MadMarty account and refrain from posting in the forums again.

2. Have your other account, this one, and your static IP banned.

If you were just a concerned citizen I'd take it as such, but it is far more reprehensible to be a bald faced liar here in the forums (and a troll). Your actions are pathetic and beneath which I would normally consider a strong debater.

Darn...I can't think of his name...from Canada though.

El Diablo

Jomorac5? The guy with the greenish satellite avatar?

J5 is a good guess, but I suspect the initial subject matter was too trivial for J5 to waste a nice clean sock on.

Jeremy himself has confirmed that you are indeed a sockpuppet. He can see the IP address of where you are currently and match it up with the IP address of your main account.

That's a good one. I guess it never occured to you that Jeremy might be blowing smoke?

But then, you seem like the type who would believe whatever Jeremy tells you, so go ahead and believe what you want. I know the truth, and so does Jeremy.