Anyone Seen A White Jeep Tb In The Uk Yet?

Hmmm seriously considering a secondment to the States so I can play this game to its full potential rather than the predjudice against non-US cachers.

Isn't it about time GC.com offered cheaper membership if you are outside of the US?

How about cheaper membership for people in the US ? After all, they have about the same chance of logging a German Geocoin, or a (forthcoming) UK Geocoin, as we do a Jeep. Or maybe all benchmark hunting should be suspended until all 202 countries' geographical survey benchmarks are listed in a compatible format.

I think this is one of the most international-oriented US-based Web sites which I know of. I don't see how anyone is "discriminated" against if some things are available in the US and not over here. On that basis, everyone should be reduced to some form of lowest common denominator, just so nobody is a "victim".

We'll keep our eyes open around Michigan, and if we find one, we'll bring it to "The Bash in a Cache" on Sept. 1.

I've also posted a request on our local group's forums to see if someone who currently has one will allow us to bring it over to the event cache. We might have to bring it back to the U.S. if that happens, but everyone who attends should be able to at least see and log it.

We never found a yellow Jeep TB last year, most of them went MIA and were never logged as being taken from the caches where they were placed.

I'm also trying to get a USA geocoin to bring over, a cache that we're visiting next Tuesday shows one in it, but it may be gone before we get there. We've only ever found one of those in the wild, so they must be in pretty heavy demand also.

I'm bringing at least two White Jeep TBs to the UK and will probably drop one off in London or Oxford during the last week of June and the other in Edinburgh durng the first week of July. They won't fit in micros or even small caches due to their size, significantly larger than last year's Yellow Jeep TBs.

If I'm fortunate, I may be able to obtain some more WJTBs (or Yellow Jeeps or a US/KY Geocoin), but the WJTBs are the hot items right now. These two I was fortunate to find in caches, one just over a week ago and the other one today that I still need to log. I've already received at least one plea and I understand, but I'm hoping to log finds when I drop them. :lol:

I'm bringing at least two White Jeep TBs to the UK and will probably drop one off in London or Oxford during the last week of June and the other in Edinburgh durng the first week of July.

Oh yes I know a great place for you to drop one off right in the centre of the country rather than those vulgar cities. And the cache box is big enough and you are likely to pick up several TB's for your effort. Only 10 minutes from the M1 too!

I'm bringing at least two White Jeep TBs to the UK and will probably drop one off in London or Oxford during the last week of June and the other in Edinburgh durng the first week of July. They won't fit in micros or even small caches due to their size, significantly larger than last year's Yellow Jeep TBs.

If I'm fortunate, I may be able to obtain some more WJTBs (or Yellow Jeeps or a US/KY Geocoin), but the WJTBs are the hot items right now. These two I was fortunate to find in caches, one just over a week ago and the other one today that I still need to log. I've already received at least one plea and I understand, but I'm hoping to log finds when I drop them. :D

There are lots of ordinary size caches in Edinburgh. 'The Other Side of Edinburgh' might be a good one! :lol:

Also, look at Haggis Hunter's profile for some very good bookmarks of caching tours of Edinburgh.

I sent a yellow jeep over and as soon as the contest portion is done, i will try to grab one of the whites to send. Doesnt make sense to send it during the contest phase since its only open to US residents. Don't worry they will make it there. Maybe even the first one logged by myself called Gay. Check the logs and make sure you really want him there.

Just read the logs for "Gay" - top quality!

:yikes:

But you can keep it over there...

By the way, I have a cache (The Bradda Lode), containing a Yellow Jeep TB, a USA Geocoin, a German Geocoin and a Michigan Geocoin...but no-one has bothered to find it after nearly a month. I'm considering arranging for a White Jeep to be placed in it as well, although this may take a little time and effort!

:P

HH

Is it possible to attract a British or Euro based Sponsor so we can start our own? :laughing: It would be nice to have something like that over here for once! Anyone for a BMW Z3 race? :yikes:

Alternatively we could perhaps launch the new British Geocoin like this by sending them around for EU members only?

I'm a newbie to this Forum so don't mind me! ;)

I'd go for the Landrover then as the Americans [and the world?] still see it as a 'British' vehicle, and Landrover to regular large sponsored events anyway. We just need someone who is good at speculative letter writing to convince them to try it out, of course mentioning that the Americans are being very successfull with their own compaign...

Tootle pip old fruit!

I dropped White Jeep TB "Johnn" on July 2 in the UK cache GCG3K1: Two Bridges, NW of Edinburgh in the Kinross area. As the log indicates, it took a bit of a hike (almost 3 miles round trip from my hotel), but it was well worth the effort.

My original plan was to drop two WJTBs in the UK, but I ran into three conflicts.

1. Job: Chaperoning over 30 teenagers on a tour with a full itinerary was my first priority, allowing little time for caching.

2. Container size: Micro/small containers weren't large enough to hold the WJTB in London. Even when I went on walks in Regents, Kensington, or Hyde Parks, the only caches I saw listed were micros. That's understandable in the city and I still would have looked for them if I'd had more time.

3. Timing: While in the Oxford/Headington area, the itinerary called for a dean's lecture at Magdalene College (close to local micros/muggles) and visits to the graves of C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien. I simply didn't have time to head to the local parks where I wanted to find caches. In Edinburgh, the G8 march was planned for the following day and security measures were abundant, allowing for little caching. I managed to nab Greyfrier's Bobby micro, but couldn't get to Firth of Forth's "Other Side Of Edinburgh" cache as I'd hoped.

Hope even one will help and that it keeps moving! ;)

Edited by Teach2Learn

I'll be in London on July 8th, and hope to take a walk in Kensington Park early-early Friday morning to do a few of the micros there, then I'll be in Builth Wells, Wales from the 9th to the 20th. I'll be bringing over the white jeep "Bob", a Canadian geocoin and an Geocaching.com geocoin, both meant for continued travel. Unfortunately, the white jeep has to come back to the US (contest rules -- entries for the contest in the US only, sorry)...the geocoins will stay (I hope).

If anyone can meet me in either of these places, I'd be glad to swap (give) the coins away, and do a "grab and retrieve" of the white jeep...

pm me prior to Wednesday (7/6 by 1200 EST/1700GMT) to meet up in London. I'll be able to get emails in Builth from Monday 7/11 to Friday 7/15. Who knows during the Royal Welsh show Monday, and I leave Tuesday for return to the States.

I'd be happy to meet with y'all, -- I'll be the geek wearing a white GC.com cap and speaking "Murican..."

What is the best way of hunting these - for a while I've had a shortcut to the jeep page, but this just shows the last 30 logs - I got lucky with the yellow jeeps using this but it's just luck.

I've just found that you can do a name search for white jeeps, but there's no way of telling if and where they are in the UK except that you can guess from the mileage and if the cachers name is familier but that won't work for long.

There must be better way - any suggestions?

It's a pity none were shipped abroad for release :D However it's a US promotion by a US company with a prize restricted to US cachers so I guess they thought there was little point in sending them.

I strongly suspect they'll trickle across the pond before long.

I dropped one off for a German cacher that was visiting Colorado on holiday last month. He picked it up from the cache, so there's at least one White Jeep in Europe now :ph34r:

we await the arrival of some of those! when you coming down south with a couple?? :blink:

I only got to keep one.

Probly have a White Jeep cache event in Yorkshire sometime soon. Come up and see our flat caps and whippets.

a.

what venture further north than winchester? don't i need a passport for that? :unsure:

I had a shot at a White Jeep TB yesteday as well as a FTF log, but I was at the park at 6:15 AM on the way to work. It's heavily fenced and gated (for some weird reason) and the gates don't open until 8:00 am so I figured I was out of luck. By 8:30, someone else had found the cache and claimed both FTF and the White Jeep while I was hard at work.

The USA geocoin was also gone from the cache we hit last week.

I'll continue to try to bring one with us to the Bash in a Cache in September, along with several Michigan geocoins, and possibly one other very limited edition coin if it arrives in time.

I'll continue to try to bring one with us to the Bash in a Cache in September, along with several Michigan geocoins, and possibly one other very limited edition coin if it arrives in time.

MiTuCats, we have had quite a few WJTBs appear here in the Louisville, KY area. If by the end of this month, you have not been able to grab one in your area, I think there's a good chance I could head up to N Indiana/lower Michigan to drop one. I dropped one last week near Edinburgh and have one in my possession right now that I need to drop asap.

Would I be correct in thinking we brits can only claim it as an icon on our stats page, we can't enter the sweepstake etc?

Yes, It's a bit like when, as a Brit, you may have a legal visa/green card to work in the USA, but although you have to pay into the social security system you can't actually claim unemployment/pension etc. unless you're a citizen.

Martin