Lake Ballinger Mini-cache Machine

Puppers

Some of you were following our thread entitled "Testing the Waters". Well now it's a go! Mark the date, Saturday June 11th! The intent of this event is to unite Geo-Boaters with the Geo-Less-Fortunate to conquer "Goose Island" (GCFE37) and "Edmount Island Cache" (GCG12Y), both of which require water craft to access. We'll be donating a canoe, two paddles, and two life preservers towards the event; we understand through our previous thread that there may actually be a flotilla. Thus, we will be supplying celebration snacks instead of lunch.

We'll be at the suggested launching coordinates for Goose Island at 10am, but folks may come at anytime between 10am and noon. We'll volunteer to stay with our canoe until the last needy geocacher that arrives by noon makes his or her way out to the island. Those that have already found the caches are welcome to stop by for snacks and good conversation.

Oh, and just one final point - no internal combustion engines please (just oar or electric powered boats are permitted on the lake) and let's make sure this is a SAFE event - a flotation device for every boater!

We welcome all!

Well, GO and I will make the trip; 1.1 mi from GO's house.

We'll bring a canoe, some gloves and some garbage bags.

I am curious to hear from non-finders -- where are these caches on your filter-find pages? They sat on top of my list for a long, long time.

Sounds like great fun, and a chance to get the boat in the water for the first time this year.

I and I will be there. With 12' aluminum boat, and electric motor. And a canoe with 2 paddles.

I have but 2 life vests, and I will bring both.

I also bow my head, as GC.com shows me as 2.1 miles from the cache. GoWest beats me!

Rob

Edited by AnalogDog
I have added this event to the Event page on the new WSGA Forums Page

Well, you finally got me to the new WSGA Forums page, except it doesn't recognize my site login. Do we have to register again for the forums? If so, why doesn't it say 'existing WSGA members must re-register to use these forums" so we know what to do. I'm confused. :rolleyes:

I have added this event to the Event page on the new  WSGA Forums Page

Well, you finally got me to the new WSGA Forums page, except it doesn't recognize my site login. Do we have to register again for the forums? If so, why doesn't it say 'existing WSGA members must re-register to use these forums" so we know what to do. I'm confused. :rolleyes:

I think that was in the email to the yahoo group, but you may have missed that. Yes, you do need to register again for the WSGA forum page.

Great news! Sounds like additional life preservers/flotation devices are available from Mrs. P's Dad (who, incidentally, is now on the World Wide Web thanks to our "#1 Dad" TB picture-posting) so we'll be able to provide for more boaters' safety. And as such, we will no longer feel responsible if Hydnsek and LittleBlue tip over our canoe with a boatload of passengers! [:rolleyes:]

Hey LB and Andrew...want to meet somewhere and pool over?

Sorry guys. I will be there but I have a graduation party to get to right after, so no wild bunching for me. I hope to be done quickly and then get to Issaquah before I am too late.

Thanks for the offer though.

I will try to get a PFD for me this week and the local sporting goods store just in case there's not an extra for me. I can't wait for the float!

I have over 15 PFD's laying around. If Cathy would like to grab a handful after our Friday soiree out Blake Island way, ya'll are welcome to use them. I wouldn't need them back until the end of July as that is my 2 week trip into the San Juans. I'm pretty sure I'll bump into Cathy before then.

Sorry I can't join you guy's it looks like fun. Son has a double-header Sat.

Have a ball

I have over 15 PFD's laying around. If Cathy would like to grab a handful after our Friday soiree out Blake Island way, ya'll are welcome to use them. I wouldn't need them back until the end of July as that is my 2 week trip into the San Juans. I'm pretty sure I'll bump into Cathy before then.

I'd be happy to! :)

...there may be several bright shiny new 2005 White Jeeps at this unofficial event.

jimminy cricket - did you say WHIIIIIITE JEEEEEEPS??!!!!!

kewl! But more importantly - so are YOU coming RWW??? Sure hope that arm is mending quickly.

And meanwhile - yes indeed, count me in - this has been on my calendar from the getgo. Of course I have no floatation device nor bobbing conveyance to contribute, but hey - you did say this caper was expressly for benefit of flotation-challenged waifs, yes?

In any case, anybody passing by the U. district, Sand Point? Might this waif bum a lift?

Swung by Dad's tonight and picked up 4 extra life preservers (admittedly 3 are those dorky and bulky orange creations), as well as 2 floatation cushions, which supplements the 2 life preservers we were originally planning on supplying (so LB, no need to buy one!).

I also confess, err, to emailing many of the recent finders of our caches about this event, should they not be following the forums. I realize this dilutes our chances of getting one of those coveted white jeeps, but may the best geocacher win!

See ya'all on Saturday, remember we are bringing plenty of drinks and snacks for all!

Puppers

Just hooked up the electric's battery on charge tonight, trickle charge. It should be full in the morning. Then all I have to do is get the stuff filling it in the winter out, and its all ours for the trip to and from the island.

See ya'll around 9:30. If I don't get an early start, I know ya'll are going to get obnoxious....

Edited by AnalogDog
These are a crazy 2 weeks at the end of school- I haven't even looked at where and when this is taking place, so you make the call! :laughing:

:ph34r:

The fun starts between 9:30 and 10:00 at Lake Ballinger.

How about if I pick you up about 7:30 and we cache our way over do the fun, then cache the way back?