Approving New Caches

Just as a comparison, I submitted one on Sunday afternoon, 3/6, got an email from the approver that evening with a question about proximity to RR tracks. I answered that question, and by mid-day monday, 3/7, the cache was approved. I think that is pretty darn good, and is also about the norm for our approver here in Middle TN. Of course, I figure that he doesn't sleep, doesn't work and doesn't have a life and never gets to go 'caching anymore, so that's why he can approve them so quickly. :blink:

I submitted my cache (my first) on Saturday morning and got a note from the reviewer late last night. I need to work out a few kinks. You know, little things, like I didn't get a permit for a State Park placement and used an ammo box, which is prohibited in a State Park. :blink: (Maryland regulations) I emailed back with a couple of questions this morning and I am eagerly awaiting his response!

Your cache is currently at the top of the Ohio queue. I'm sure it will be reviewed soon. IIRC, Ohio has a pretty complex array of permits and policies, and the local reviewer may need some extra time to look into the issues for that location.

Patience, grasshopper.

Hemlock is correct. I am one of the two volunteers who cover Ohio, and the permission landscape there is complex. This cache is west of my territory, though, so it's awaiting action from the other volunteer. I am speculating that the reason for the delay is because your cache is hidden in an area designated as a "State Scenic River" under the general jurisdiction of the Ohio Department of Natural Resources. ODNR has a permit policy. And, your cache talks about being in a nature preserve -- but it looks like a property managed and maintained at the local level. If you approached a land manager regarding permission for a cache placement in this natural area, it would probably help things if you could post a "note to reviewer" with any details. Thanks for your patience.

Well my cache has been sitting on Q for 2 days now while the approver is out snow tubbing & posting in the forums~all play & no work! :)

Snow tubing??? That sounds like a blast! Reviewers should be allowed to have fun too.

They are "volunteers", so what they do for us is as a favor. Be patient and let them have thier fun. As springtime approaches, there are a lot of new caches appearing, and I'm sure your cache is working it's way up the list.

I just posted my first cache last weekend. Within 2 hours it was approved and online. Just a couple of hours after that there was a FTF. I think the process was quick and easy. :)

I've seen 5min to 2 weeks. More recenlty is seemed to be Tuesday evenings when my caches were approved. But it's been some time since I've submitted a cache.

Edit: Moun10bike holds my record on GC.com. On Navicache I made a mistake cuttong and pasting in my cache submittal. I caught it immediatly, but before I could correct it I had an email asking if I had left out some of my text from PC Medic on Navicache. That's my new record for speedy review.

Edited by Renegade Knight