Teepeeayy Gets His First Find!

teepeeayy

I got my first find today! I was so excited I jumped and danced my way back to the car!

I found this

today, but couldn't find this one.

I was clearly not dressed for the second cache. But I was so excited about my first day officially geocaching having borrowed a Garmin GPS III Plus over the weekend. These 2 caches are close by where I work. The first one was perfect for a first attempt. I thought borrowing the III plus was a good idea before I plunk down a wad on a new GPS.

Am I officially a geocacher? I'm hooked, no question. I.....must.....remember.....to....eat......

Must......remember........family.......obligations

Congratulations on becoming officially a 'cacher. BTW, were you doing that cache that requires the funky chicken dance??

I did! Good thing there wasn't anyone around to see!

not until you go back and delete that second "FOUND IT" log, just kidding, welcome to the game

Clearly a noob, rookie mistake. I promise to do a better job collecting all my thoughts before logging a find. I beg the forgiveness of the GC pro's who have been doing this since Ulmer's 2nd cache.

when I found my first cache it was frozen in ice and I could not get it out.

Me, too. I had less ingenuity and more chutzpah, though. I just logged it as a find, and went back and signed the book in the Summer. (I didn't know any better, but I probably would've done it anyway. It was my first, and I worked hard for it!).

Then I tried to walk to my second. It was "only" 1.2 miles away in an urban neighborhood.

when I found my first cache it was frozen in ice and I could not get it out. I went home and after pondering for a bit I filled 2 jugs full of hot water and went back! I did finally log my first find that day..... lol

Who needs hot water, get an ice pick!

(off in the distance)

YAHHHHH! Whack Whack Smash!

Ah good I trained them well :angry: