Extreme Geocaching

rescue557

Extreme Geocaching, A Thread Like No Other

The main forums are about geocaching and geocaching related stuff. :grin:

Here is my contribution to Extreme caching Buck Island Lake is on one of the most renowned off road trails in the world. To do the cache as intended you would need a highly modified four wheel drive and a lot of experience driving. You can also access the cache by hiking, mountain biking, ATV, and cross country skis in the winter.

I have a similar cache in Kansas, believe it or not. It the Rock Garden Trail cache. Almost a month and no finds. No idea how long it will go, of course, but it will be interesting to see. It's actually not too bad a hike even though the sides of the ravine are pretty steep and you might have to go through a field of fairly large boulders.

Cool cache. I took a look at the Trail Krawlers photo galleries. Whoda thunk you'd see rock crawling like that in Kanasas? Some Schweet rigs in your group.

I have a similar cache in Kansas, believe it or not.  It the Rock Garden Trail cache.  Almost a month and no finds.  No idea how long it will go, of course, but it will be interesting to see.  It's actually not too bad a hike even though the sides of the ravine are pretty steep and you might have to go through a field of fairly large boulders.

Cool cache. I took a look at the Trail Krawlers photo galleries. Whoda thunk you'd see rock crawling like that in Kanasas? Some Schweet rigs in your group.

Thanks. Tuttle Creek has some pretty serious stuff ... so does Kansas Rocks. I'm planning a wheelin' trip to Colorado and Utah next year and hope to do some caching along the way.

OK, so I was looking at the cache called Cone Z and it hit me. "Wow, is that like, the most remote cache on Earth? I mean, how many people are going to actually GO there?" With that in mind, I did a bit of research and decided that what we needed was a New Frontier. I put together a Virtual called "One Small Step", giving the proper Lunar coords amd providing Terran coords that would take the cacher to Cape Canaveral, where it's only a quick, three-day jump to the Apollo 11 module. Think about it; within our lifetime there may be tourist trips to the Moon. I wanted to stake my claim on the first Lunar cache and I'm hoping the Florida reviewer who archived it so quickly will reconsider. What's the consensus on this idea? A whole new can o' worms? :blink:

I'll bite.

How could you do a cache so that only base jumpers could do it? A rock climber cache is easy enough to figure out.

Or maybe a bungie jumpers cache?

If you were to place a cache on a line attached to the end of a 15 foot pole jutting out over the Perrine bridge.....only a base jumper could nab it. it'd be tough for him to replace it after he logs though.

extreme caching is what i need i must do this it is my addiction and i must succumb to it...the most perilous cache i want to do in the louiville-indiana area is patch reef and patch reef beach. these are air raid fan's caches. air raid fan was very specific on his cache pages concerning these two areas. he included all pertinent safety info and such. i appreciate arf's details on these caches.

what makes these 2 dangerous is if you werent paying attention to your surroundings and the enviroment you could die by drowning very quickly.

to date, no one has logged these caches as being found.

but believe me....i will be the first to find on both of them...come hell or high water

regards

archie

To me the term extreme seems to bring images of hanging off a cliff or something of the sort to find a cache. You won't find that with The Journal Cache but you will find a 13 mile hike with many points to find, puzzles to solve and codes to break. By far the most fulfilling hunt for me to date. It's located in Peoria Illinois and would make a great weekend cache find. We did it in one day but it took 10 hours.

Scoob