Changing Cache

nobby.nobbs

a question.

i have a multi cache that involves a long walk over a lovely nature reserve (up a bloomin big hill) to get one of the clues. hence it hasn't been done by many people.

should i leave it as it is or should i put the answer to that bit in the hints section so that if people don't want the long walk or can't then they can still do the cache?

or am i just being paranoid that no one wants to do it? ie just leave alone and let those who can be bothered do it and everyone else can carry on avoiding it?

just an query for your comments really.

ta

Nah, move it so it's just down the side of my sofa would you?

:yikes: Just kidding. Leave as is. Don't forget that it's currently November and not exactly caching weather. I am sure the visits will pick up once it gets nice again. Didn't I read on some other thread that the average number of visits to any cache (once initial excitement dies down) is about 3 per month, but there are many round here that have not been visited lately.

You could always capture a popular TB, such as a Jeep and put that in there. That will attract a certain number of people to your cache.

Leave it be, I have got a cache that has not been visited in 5 months, I think this is because it is a 4 star terrain.

I put it down to the fact people prefer to do the easy ones. I personaly like a bit of a challenge and believe there is people out there that like a challenge too. So I am leaving my one as it is, as I think you should.

thanks for the feedback, i'll leave as is. my only worry was that there is a meeting of english nature managers in the spring when they will see how popular this cache has been with a view to seeing if it's worth allowing caching in all english nature areas.

the idea being that they are meant to encourage more people onto their sites so cacheing does that with the benefit of cito and that we tend to respect the countryside. if not many have visited then it might not be considered as worthwhile for them to bother to allow us to cache.

my hope was to have lots of visits with no negative impact on the site then we would have lot's of evidence to promote the sport as beneficial.

cheers

it's ok if they do as you only have to do a long walk to get the clues. the na quick change of car parks put you within 1/2 mile or so of the cache through flat ground in woods.

easily done you just don't get the views over the countryside.

thanks for all the support to keep everything as it is.

hopefully the english nature crowd will be happy with the results as they stand along with anyone who visits between now and the meeting sometime in spring.