Marshmallow Gun?

Sig item, huh? 

I reckon it would take a sizeable cache container to hold one of those.  :D  :lol:

Hey Septic,

I believe that the guns come disassembled with instructions for assembly. Someplace in another post there was a picture of the whole kit.

Found the link :lol:Marshmallow Gun Kit

Quite the cool sig item!!!

MC

Edited to add link.

Edited by Midway Cafe
Around our neighborhood, Touchstone has been known to leave marshmallow guns. At a recent event, he brought a few of them for people to play with

I've made a "custom" marshmallow gun sheet for lots of people. Offhand, I'd say I've made them for at least 15 or 20 cachers, all across the country. For example, I could modify the m-gun sheet to say "Marky has left you one of Joefrog's Famous Marshmallow Guns!" or something similar.

I'd be glad to do it for you, too TwoGeeks!

I'm guessing schedule 20 1/2 inch PVC? Or is it sch. 40? How in the world did you come across this, JF? What a fun toy! Does the ammo load at the breach or at the chamber?

My dad was a pipefitter for 40 years, LOL. This is among the least dangerous of my toys!

It's sched. 40 -- anything else isn't the right "calibre" for the marshmallows! Put the marshmallow in the top, and blow at the top. Pow!

I don't care how safe a toy they are, anything that can be called a "gun" does not belong in a cache because of the TERRIBLE public/gov't relations problem that a poorly reported news story could create.  As if we didn't already have enough trouble (see bomb squad threads).

I totally agree. JoeFrog should be ashamed.

CLEARLY these are a marshmallow airborne delivery system, used in all the finest kitchens and lauded by famous French chefs everywhere. Advocating any other use is just... just...

Woohoo! A gun!

note: children should always be taught proper -real firearm-safety- and taught teh difference between toys and the real item.

There is nothing keeping it from going backwards... but trust me, as quick as the kids drop in the 'ammo' they are just as quickly shooting 'em :lol: Even if a marshmallow happens to fall back, you can quickly disassemble the weapon to correct the malfunction :blink:

Well, that's the major reason you have to use sched. 40 pipe and not the water-line stuff. I found that out the hard way. By having the caps seal all but two openings and using the correct size pipe, the slightest puff of air from you makes it follow the path of least resistance -- towards the open end.

And if anything smaller/heavier is inserted -- bb's, rocks, acorns, etc., they simply fall into the "handles" where you can remove it later (none of the pieces are glued, just in place with friction).

Oh, and Bill93... just in case someone mistakes my solid white, sometimes wildly-colored plastic toys laying in a bag in pieces for a real gun, I always stick a large, orange haz-mat sticker to the outside of a cache that says "GUN INSIDE!" <_<

Well, that's the major reason you have to use sched. 40 pipe and not the water-line stuff. I found that out the hard way. By having the caps seal all but two openings and using the correct size pipe, the slightest puff of air from you makes it follow the path of least resistance -- towards the open end.

Is there a way to make these guns automatic? So you could spray maybe 25-50 marshmellows a second? That way I could give the single shots guns to my wife and kids, then I could carry the "equalizer". :unsure:

Well, that's the major reason you have to use sched. 40 pipe and not the water-line stuff.  I found that out the hard way.  By having the caps seal all but two openings and using the correct size pipe, the slightest puff of air from you makes it follow the path of least resistance -- towards the open end. 

Is there a way to make these guns automatic? So you could spray maybe 25-50 marshmellows a second? That way I could give the single shots guns to my wife and kids, then I could carry the "equalizer". :unsure:

maybe you could make it pneumatic. you hook it up to your air compressor and all you have to do is load marshmallows.

of course, you could devise a marshmallow hand grenade or a marshmallow catapault.

A reaaly good book for ideas is Backyard Ballistics. I got the book for my 13 yo son and decided not to give it to him. LOL, too much fire and explosives in it. LOLOLOL

I don't care how safe a toy they are, anything that can be called a "gun" does not belong in a cache because of the TERRIBLE public/gov't relations problem that a poorly reported news story could create. As if we didn't already have enough trouble (see bomb squad threads).

???

That looks alot like the bottle rocket launchers we used to make-

Great toy! I printed out the destructions, and think im going to make a few of these for a freinds Kids. They will love them!

Is there a way to make these guns automatic?  So you could spray maybe 25-50 marshmellows a second?  That way I could give the single shots guns to my wife and kids, then I could carry the "equalizer". :unsure:

maybe you could make it pneumatic. you hook it up to your air compressor and all you have to do is load marshmallows.

of course, you could devise a marshmallow hand grenade or a marshmallow catapault.

A reaaly good book for ideas is Backyard Ballistics. I got the book for my 13 yo son and decided not to give it to him. LOL, too much fire and explosives in it. LOLOLOL

Well... kinda. Based on a science experiment with the tube, a T and a compressor, you can leave the back end open (air hose goes here), skip the second handle, and only have the one T, with the vertical piece. Start the air to blowing, and it creates a suction at the vertical tube. If the suction is strong enough, you can drop marshmallows into the T one after the other and it'll fire 'em!

:unsure:

twogeeks, did you get what you needed on the marshmallow guns? lemme know

Yeah Joe, I found a copy of the instructions in a cache near us!

I have to build like 15 of them for a Xmas gag gift for the family. Nothing beats a Christmas marshmallow fight!

Thanks!

And once again the Frog spreads happiness, LOL!

Have a "blast!"

I was playing around while putting one of these together when I came across one of my hand pumps for air mattresses - the coffee can sized ones with the "2way pumping" and twisty hose. It has quite a long pump, but should be better for rapid fire...I think?

A little engineering and ductape goes a long way!

I am very close to coming up with quite the multimarshmellowmachinegunTM...

I think the addition of cold or frozen 'mellows is uhm............... :P

exciting!

My cat better be good starting Friday :D

One of the Civic groups in town were selling them at a town festival for a fund raiser. When the kids lost all of the marshmellows, they found gumballs, rocks - whatever they could find to shoot off. Needless to say the PD had quite a collection of them late in the afternoon after lots of people complained of getting hurt. :anicute:

The ironic thing about this - guess who was selling them? The Lions Club!

(you'll put an eye out with one of those things, Ralphie!)

--- for those that don't get this - the Lions Club big thing is raising fund for the blind

I don't care how safe a toy they are, anything that can be called a "gun" does not belong in a cache because of the TERRIBLE public/gov't relations problem that a poorly reported news story could create.  As if we didn't already have enough trouble (see bomb squad threads).

Watch out for those WMDs!!! weapons of marshmellow destruction

:rolleyes:

Edited by JMBella
I don't care how safe a toy they are, anything that can be called a "gun" does not belong in a cache because of the TERRIBLE public/gov't relations problem that a poorly reported news story could create. As if we didn't already have enough trouble (see bomb squad threads).

Someone please tell me this was a joke post. :cool:

I don't care how safe a toy they are, anything that can be called a "gun" does not belong in a cache because of the TERRIBLE public/gov't relations problem that a poorly reported news story could create

GEEPS! I guess I'll have to cut off my forefingers and thumbs now since I can use them as a 'gun'. :lol: And, not having the opposing thumbs I'll not be able to open any more caches. For sale: one newly purchased Garmin 60C.. goodbye cachin'! LOL :o