Cache Names

OK, I admit it, I have a cache called A Walk in the Park, but it's a 3.5 star terrain cache (higher in some seasons) that involves 3 mile RT hike over the nastiest, muddiest, mosquito and poison ivy infested terrain around.

I think that makes it somewhat original because its anything but a walk in the park.

Edited by briansnat

There's a few in Nashville that are series, so there are a bunch with the same name - Dalmatan, Steeple Chase, RIP.... But Steeple Chase, RIP, and most of the other caches are at least named appropriately for where they're hidden.

There is one, however, that is named "No Name"

I recall "between a rock and a hard place" brought up a few, too... (or some close variation of that) because I searched for the name and decided not to name my cache that.

OK, I admit it, I have a cache called A Walk in the Park, but it's a 3.5 star terrain cache (higher in some seasons) that involves 3 mile RT hike over the nastiest, muddiest, mosquito and poison ivy infested terrain around.

I think that makes it somewhat original because its anything but a walk in the park.

Brain -

How about "A Walk in the Park - (NOT!)"

to show your irony -

I had originally thought of calling my caches CompuCash #xx or CD#xx

how's that for pretty dull? I name most of mine for their location. My wife likes to name hers for the content - like the recent pet theme - Pet Project.

Now that ain't too shabby. She even has a cute notebook for the log with pet stuff on the cover.

Again folks - we found it all in the Dollar store - easy to make neet and cool caches for not a lot of bucks.

"Geocache" is the default name used if the owner doesn't supply one. That's why there's so many of them.

I suspected that might be the case. I nearly released a Travel Bug named Travel Bug that way, thereby proving the wise counsel that drinking and activating TB's don't mix.

For both cache and TB names, you can always edit them later on if you had a brain fart or decide later on that your name choice stinks <_<

Edited by AtlantaGal

I like this. I reminds me of one of the first mountain bike rides I took my wife on. We came to a split in the trail on the way back. The map showed that both trails took us back to the parking lot. One trail was called something fluffy like "Happy Sunday farm nature trail". Of course this sounded nice and easy so we went that way. It ended up being the nastiest, rock-infested, bottomless mudpit, downhill, singletrack I was ever on. -And yes, the other way was a nice gentle cruise through a meadow. (Maybe that trail was called "Black poison bike-eating danger death valley")

I found one just today titled "Can you SEE me now," located just outside a Lenscrafters location. And I mean RIGHT outside, LOL -- no way not to be seen, and all the employees know about it. The hider is an employee also.

One near me got my vote for absolute WORST cache name:

"operator!?! i have gas..i mean i need a cache #1"

And yes... there is a #2...