Jeep Saturation

kc8hnz

Up here in Cleveland, Ohio, I am eagerly awaiting a very large Jeep release by our local club. There has been some trickling of individual jeeps out and about, but I'm still waiting for the grand release. But, I also noticed that there have already been large releases in the Colubus area (90 miles south) , anouther large release expected later in month near Toledo (100 miles West) as well as a small release expected near Akron (40 miles South-East). By next month, we'll be swimming in YJTB's :lol: . How much saturation is in your local area and which state has the greatest/lowest?

Only two showed this week any reasonable distance to me, 1 hr. north of Columbus, and it originated in Michigan - had I known that I might have waited for an Ohio one, but it sits here beside me and I have already exorcised the demon. It is going into THE BIG PICTURE, probably tomorrow.

Our group had about 40 delivered in NE Florida. One person logged them all them discreately dropped them in caches, the other person passed them out at an event. we got 2 at the event and then traveled to NY and traded a NYGO person for 2 of theirs. Logging the miles... we put around 900 or so miles an 2 Jeeps... But we did get the 2 in trade to return to Florida with.

There are a bunch that Team Lawrence got for our event on 6/19/04 in the Richmond Virginia area. A lot of them have been placed in caches already. I plan on taking 2 of them to the VA/NC border near Lake Gaston and putting them in caches down there in 2 weeks so some NC cachers can log them.

Seems that Florida is feast or famine. Why the NE and Orlando area is feasting on the Jeeps, the rest of the state is left with Jeep-envy! :)

We have the same deal here. Had a YJTB release in Lincoln and the caches around Lincoln have been covered with YJTB's, not so much elsewhere. Either the bugs will move out in a diffusion pattern or you will have to go get one.

I do not know, but it is like Arizona & Nevada do not exist for the lil' guys. I live in an area where I am watching AZ, NV & Utah. It looks like I will be having to drive a couple of hours to try to get to a cache before someone else makes it to the cache. I do not feel like I have a very big chance of getting one until they have been around awhile.

:)

Oh well, that is what we get for the nice slow life of a small town, away (far, far away) from anywhere.

Shirley~