Cache-cadians

The Navigatorz

RE: CITO APRIL 22

We are working on it...hoping to clean up the Fred Meyer area of the loop trail. We'll see though...am talking with DOT. If anyone has any input please let me know. Also- Mark your calendars!

Talking with as in where is an area in need? Or talking with as in "please can we pick up trash by Fred Meyer?" I hope they aren't giving you any opposition.

Hello from Austria! Sure is a beautiful country. Reminds me a lot of WA state with the mountains (both are on the same latitude). I was able to find a cache one evening at a lookout (one of my favorite cache locations). It was a 1/2 mile hike (mostly up), and the view was great. It was called Anna's Cache. I will be uploading pictures next week when I get back. Happy Geocaching!

Hello from Austria! Sure is a beautiful country. Reminds me a lot of WA state with the mountains (both are on the same latitude). I was able to find a cache one evening at a lookout (one of my favorite cache locations). It was a 1/2 mile hike (mostly up), and the view was great. It was called Anna's Cache. I will be uploading pictures next week when I get back. Happy Geocaching!

Safe travels to ya Nav.

Mr. WD and I just want to say how sad it was to leave your beautiful city. We spent about 5 days there including the surrounding areas. We missed the cache machine last year.

We wanted to keep track of all the cachers whose caches we found and make a list to thank everybody for their hides. But... we thought we might accidently leave somebody out. So thanks to all of you for your great caches!

Thanks Patudles and Ambrosia for your phone numbers and email.

Gosh, this area is astounding. Waking up and being surrounded by those beautiful mountains. The parks and trails. The history and so much more! As we came back over Snoqualmie Pass last night we could see the glare of the city lights from Seattle. As we got closer everything seemed to get faster! It's funny how we got accustomed to your pace in a matter of a few days.

:) Thanks Everyone!

Might have to move there when we retire!

Thanks WD for checking out all of our caches---definately saw an increase in emails this week! Next time we head to the wet side we'll try to find some of yours :mad:

I have submitted the CITO event for approval-----want to check it Ambrosia?

Please mark your calendars!

<_<:mad::mad:

A desperate geocacher is seeking help :yikes:

My wife (ambrosia) is stealing my gps this weekend for the fling. Patudles is being mean and won't share her gps with me and now I'm desperate. I'll be driving through Vancouver BC this weekend on my way to Whistler and will be spending a day playing/caching there on the way back on Sunday. Without a gps I'll feel like I fell back into the dark ages, especially when it comes to navigating around Vancouver.

If there is any kind cacher that would trust me with an extra or unused gps I would be eternally grateful. I've got a couple options to borrow from already but would really prefer a gps with some road mapping ability :anicute: . Thanks for helping a cacher in need. Email me through my profile if you can help.

All41

A desperate geocacher is seeking help :unsure:

My wife (ambrosia) is stealing my gps this weekend for the fling. Patudles is being mean and won't share her gps with me and now I'm desperate. I'll be driving through Vancouver BC this weekend on my way to Whistler and will be spending a day playing/caching there on the way back on Sunday. Without a gps I'll feel like I fell back into the dark ages, especially when it comes to navigating around Vancouver.

If there is any kind cacher that would trust me with an extra or unused gps I would be eternally grateful. I've got a couple options to borrow from already but would really prefer a gps with some road mapping ability :huh: . Thanks for helping a cacher in need. Email me through my profile if you can help.

All41

Well. If you had said something this weekend I could have left my Vista C with you. It has mapping software and is an extra. You could still borrow it however I'm not sure how to get it to you.

A desperate geocacher is seeking help :huh:

If there is any kind cacher that would trust me with an extra or unused gps I would be eternally grateful. I've got a couple options to borrow from already but would really prefer a gps with some road mapping ability :) . Thanks for helping a cacher in need. Email me through my profile if you can help.

All41

:) oooh, I am such a meanie. Sorry dear but I am not quite ready to leave myself completely in the hands of Robinego, this weekend on our caching adventure. I am not quite that trusting yet. Even though she is a better navigator than me especially in the city, but. . . . well you know she is a S Cal transplant and you can't be to carefull! :unsure:

Thanks to all you generous cachers for your willingness to share. I just picked up Bluejays legend c today :unsure: and should be back in this decade as far as electronics while traveling for my weekend away. Now let's all just hope for nice weather to play in.

Eric

Special Travel Bug Request:

Fellow Cache-cadians. I have a Travel Bug Anna and Pooh on Tour which I picked up in Austria. It is dedicated to my Austrian friend's daughter who passed away last winter. She was only 5 years old. Her parents would like to see this travel bug visit interesting locations in the US while making its journey back home to Austria. I dropped it in Then and Now cache today, but have it presently. It would be neat if someone could grab it from me and take it to the west side for a possible picture of Seattle, perhaps with the space needle, or with a photo of Mt. Rainier if possible. It would be neat to let her parents see our beautiful state before it heads east and toward home. Is anyone able to do that? Perhaps someone going to the spring fling this weekend. If not I might take it to Chelan Butte this weekend. Let me know.

Special Travel Bug Request:

Fellow Cache-cadians. I have a Travel Bug Anna and Pooh on Tour which I picked up in Austria. It is dedicated to my Austrian friend's daughter who passed away last winter. She was only 5 years old. Her parents would like to see this travel bug visit interesting locations in the US while making its journey back home to Austria. I dropped it in Then and Now cache today, but have it presently. It would be neat if someone could grab it from me and take it to the west side for a possible picture of Seattle, perhaps with the space needle, or with a photo of Mt. Rainier if possible. It would be neat to let her parents see our beautiful state before it heads east and toward home. Is anyone able to do that? Perhaps someone going to the spring fling this weekend. If not I might take it to Chelan Butte this weekend. Let me know.

I could, but I'm leaving around 9am tomorrow.

Mr. G-people hides caches? Right on!

usually he is just my "advisor" but in this case, it is obvious the cache was hidden by a man <_< It is called Break Wind :( He is the one that named the Pinus cache after all! :huh:

Way to go Mr. Gadget on 900 !!!! Thanks for achieving it on my new hide too! Maybe that one should be worth 2 !!!!

If any one that was at the CITO event today wants the tracking numbers for the London Phone box coin and the Phone a Friend coin just let me know. I will leave them on the CITo page for a couple days to see if any one wants to log them. It gives you a nice little icon on your trackables. Glad that the CITO event was a great time. Thanks for everyone that attended.

Blue J

Thanks for the congrats on the #500 milestone! This month of April marks my First Anniversary since joining this geocaching habit. During this first year I have found these 500 caches in 9 states, two countries and in the District of Columbia. I have met great people who like me enjoy this hobby, but also like me; can't explain why. I have spent time hiking mountains, exploring new areas and traveling roads that I never would have if not for geocaching. Not since being a young boy have I had cuts, bruises, blisters, sunburn, sore muscles and poison oak - all at the same time. Life is good! ;)

Thanks for the congrats on the #500 milestone! This month of April marks my First Anniversary since joining this geocaching habit. During this first year I have found these 500 caches in 9 states, two countries and in the District of Columbia. I have met great people who like me enjoy this hobby, but also like me; can't explain why. I have spent time hiking mountains, exploring new areas and traveling roads that I never would have if not for geocaching. Not since being a young boy have I had cuts, bruises, blisters, sunburn, sore muscles and poison oak - all at the same time. Life is good! <_<

Indeed it is. Congrats Buddy!

Thanks for the congrats on the #500 milestone! This month of April marks my First Anniversary since joining this geocaching habit. During this first year I have found these 500 caches in 9 states, two countries and in the District of Columbia. I have met great people who like me enjoy this hobby, but also like me; can't explain why. I have spent time hiking mountains, exploring new areas and traveling roads that I never would have if not for geocaching. Not since being a young boy have I had cuts, bruises, blisters, sunburn, sore muscles and poison oak - all at the same time. Life is good!

Congratulations Jacknap. You guys keep reaching these milestones and keep up my enthusiasm for the hunt. When I had a encounter with poison oak last fall, when I slipped and slid down the bank in Cashmere, when I would come into work with cut arms and hands, people would ask why??? Because they are out there and I have to find them. Like Jacknap, I haven't had this much fun in years. And I havent even reached a year yet.

Keep up the good work eveybody. Your numbers are growing faster than mine. But I am trying to keep up.

Blue J

Edited by Blue J Wenatchee

Finally, I'm getting some relief on my feet, so I may be going after those new Riverfront trail caches soon (g-people's and Gadget's). I've been seeing a podiatrist and am getting a pair of orthodics, but it was today's cortisone injection (man oh man that hurt), that is giving me relief. I can now walk without limping. yeah! I won't be doing any all day cache machines for a while, but hopefully by mid-summer I'll be back to normal. Hope, Hope.

Good Evening.

I have a friend ( I really do ) who wants to buy a GPS and I told him to get one of the new X models.

Which one should he get? I know a couple of you out there have the new x models so I told him I would try to find out which one to get.

Thanks for any help given.

Congrats to just about everybody. Lots of milestones during the last week or so. Keep up the good work.

J

Edited by Blue J Wenatchee

I have a friend ( I really do ) who wants to buy a GPS and I told him to get one of the new X models.

Which one should he get? I know a couple of you out there have the new x models so I told him I would try to find out which one to get.

Thanks for any help given.

J

I bought a 60CSX in January when they first came out and highly recommend it to anyone looking to buy a new gps unit, especially if that person is a geocacher. The new x-series are available in the Legend CX, Vista CX, 60CX, 60CSX, 70CX, and 70CSX models. They all feature the new memory card slots (32 MB for the Vista CX and Legend CX, and 64 MB for the 60CSX and 70CSX models). But it’s the 60CSX and 70CSX models that have the new SIRF technology, which acquires satellites faster and are more accurate in heavy foliage or deep canyons. What I also like about mine is the electronic compass which displays accurate heading while standing still, but I think the other x-series models do that as well.

It also depends on how much money your friend is willing to spend. The Legend CX costs about $320. The Vista CX about $370, the 60CSX about $530, and the 76CSX about $590.

Just wanted to say thanks again to all the generous cachers who were willing to share their gps with me the other day :lol: . I borrowed Blue Jays but couldn't get my maps loaded in :laughing: and when asking Gadgets advice on how to fix this he offered his gps which already had the maps. It's very nice to have such generous friends around :ph34r: .

Thanks again

All41