Cache-cadians

The Navigatorz

Chloe would more likely be chasing the snakes instead of the other way around...at least if she's like Heather was...they're bread for stuff similar, and sometimes they just go after anything that moves.

But, if she gets bit by anything poisonous (like a rattlesnake), that would be a very bad thing for a girl her size. :lol::laughing:

<_< It was great fun! Thanks for the race Xy and the great cache Navz! I had hoped to get some local caching in today but this is the only one I managed. I ended up getting called into work :laughing: Hopefully that doesn't happen tomorrow or I won't get my new hide done.....it won't be a puzzle!

I am getting a little nervous. We have had a couple of good hides in the valley in the last week or so but things have been too quiet regarding the Gadgets2. I get a little scared when Gene gets quiet and goes into the shop.

I got to Down by the River about 2:30 in the afternoon. How late was I from being FTF? It was a good hide by the river but I didnt get a chance to look around alot. I was betweeen flights and had a real short amount of time to look.

Talk to you all later.

Blue J

On a different thread, I have read that the 2006 Washington State coins will have each chapter submit thier own design. I see that Moun10Bike has sent Patudles some designs to look at and appearently something has been submitted already.

The Navigatorz states he does not recall seing any art work from our chapter. I have not seen designs or heard any recent talk about it either.

Has this coin design been side tracked?

How much time do we have (as members of the chapter) to meet the Spring deadline?

RWW states that he can not give a date or a time when they will be out but he does mention "Spring". Well Spring is only 9 weeks away. This does not leave us very much time to be dilly dally around.

Chloe would more likely be chasing the snakes instead of the other way around...at least if she's like Heather was...they're bread for stuff similar, and sometimes they just go after anything that moves.

But, if she gets bit by anything poisonous (like a rattlesnake), that would be a very bad thing for a girl her size.  :blink:  :blink:

:blink: Aren't you a West-Side-Of-the-Mountains guy Allanon?

Anyway, thanks for answering. Seems like I may have been a bit out of place asking for this kind of information on this thread.

Ms. WD :drama:

Edited by Wienerdog

But, if she gets bit by anything poisonous (like a rattlesnake), that would be a very bad thing for a girl her size.  :)  :drama:

Anyway, thanks for answering. Seems like I may have been a bit out of place asking for this kind of information on this thread.

Ms. WD :blink:

I forgot to answer you! I'll tell you this so you get an idea of what happens when a small animal gets bit.

My cat got bit by a rattlesnake this summer.

We're not sure when he was bit, because he had snuck out of the house the day before (he's strictly indoors). But we found him on the porch, and he was acting a bit slow. After around a half hour, his face was getting visibly swollen, and we saw that he had a puncture mark in his forehead. At first we thought maybe he was in a cat fight (after he had been healed, we could see the other puncture mark). But after an hour or so, his face almost seemed to slide off of his skull bones. It was horrible. I didn't get a picture of the worse, it was so awful. We took him to the vet, and they said that you could try steroids, which sometimes works, and it's cheap. But this was in the face, so they said that wouldn't work. They were worried about him even living with the antivenom. To give you an idea, my cat is around 14 pounds. We gave him the antivenom, and the whole thing cost about 600 dollars. We picked him up the next day, and he acted perfectly normal like nothing had happened.

Before taking Jonesy to the vet:

PICT0003.jpg

f179432d.jpg

After coming back from the vet:

PICT0024.jpg

PICT0029.jpg

Where he got an iv.

Funny enough, our other strictly outdoor cat is such a good mouser, that he's actually killed a rattlesnake. :blink:

I am a west-sider, but knowing a little bit about both poisonous snakes (all that educational TV, you know) and doxies (I sure do miss Heather), I made my post...

I don't know why no one else answered... :blink:

:blink: You can never miss another dog like you can a Doxie. Nothing like them.....

OH! But some will not agree!

:drama: Sorry... in a feisty mood tonight. I have terrible cabin fever! I work out of my home and have been chained to my computer on a project for days! :blink:

But, if she gets bit by anything poisonous (like a rattlesnake), that would be a very bad thing for a girl her size.  :blink:  :)

Ms. WD :blink:

I forgot to answer you! I'll tell you this so you get an idea of what happens when a small animal gets bit.

My cat got bit by a rattlesnake this summer.

We're not sure when he was bit, because he had snuck out of the house the day before (he's strictly indoors). But we found him on the porch, and he was acting a bit slow. After around a half hour, his face was getting visibly swollen, and we saw that he had a puncture mark in his forehead. At first we thought maybe he was in a cat fight (after he had been healed, we could see the other puncture mark). But after an hour or so, his face almost seemed to slide off of his skull bones. It was horrible. I didn't get a picture of the worse, it was so awful. We took him to the vet, and they said that you could try steroids, which sometimes works, and it's cheap. But this was in the face, so they said that wouldn't work. They were worried about him even living with the antivenom. To give you an idea, my cat is around 14 pounds. We gave him the antivenom, and the whole thing cost about 600 dollars. We picked him up the next day, and he acted perfectly normal like nothing had happened.

Before taking Jonesy to the vet:

PICT0003.jpg

f179432d.jpg

After coming back from the vet:

PICT0024.jpg

PICT0029.jpg

Where he got an iv.

Funny enough, our other strictly outdoor cat is such a good mouser, that he's actually killed a rattlesnake. :drama:

:) Gosh, Chloe is only about 15lbs. That's scary. Thanks again for posting.

:blink: Gosh, Chloe is only about 15lbs. That's scary. Thanks again for posting.

So, about the same thing. From what they said, in the body seems not too bad, but the face was a bit iffy.

The scary thing is they only get a couple cases a year, and if it's been a bad year they might not have antivenom right on hand. When we went, they had to check thier stores to make sure they had it. :drama:

And you're welcome to post in here any time you like. We like all of you wet-siders. :blink::blink:

Hey guys...Pssst..don't tell the gals, but I'm going to create a secret username called Mister Ree, and make them wonder who I really am.  :P

Oh no...what did I just do?    B)

Wha..huh? Believe it or not, they have computers down here in Kennewick and we can access the I N T E R N E T. <_<B)

First off, congratulations to Patudles for making her 1600.

Secondly, I'm too busy in my life to have an alterego or is that an alterAYGO? :D

We will be home tonight and will be happily logging all our finds until dawn. B)

It's a beautiful day down here, in the upper 40's, darn near shorts weather!

Ambrosia your cat is beautiful-sorry about your experience!

Thanks! I'm glad you think he's beautiful, even though those pictures were of him sick. So here's my favorite picture of him:

c82d556c-83a5-49db-809d-6b5733994d4f.jpg

Now that I think about it more, just to finish the story, I realize that he wasn't normal after he came home from the vet. He acted a little slow and mentally out of it (kinda like shock?) for a while, maybe 2 weeks? And his fur got dull and ragged looking. But then he got better, and is fine now. <_<

More milestones are falling for the Cache-cadains. The Navigatorz call me and said he found a new cache on the WET SIDE and this was his 100th FTF, Not only that he is setting himself up for his 1500 cache find when he leaves for Austria at the end of this next week. We will have to look for the cache the chooses while abroad. 100 FTF is quite an accomplishment in itself. Good Job Nav.

The word is out that Patudles has logged her 1600 find this weekend while caching in the Tri-Cities with the CPR team of "Chicks Kick Butt". Great job Tudles!

Edited by Mr. Gadget #2
Wha..huh? Believe it or not, they have computers down here in Kennewick and we can access the I N T E R N E T:)  :D

I'm too busy in my life to have an alterego or is that an alterAYGO:D

The reference to "the gals" was to the "Misses" (Innocent, Chievous, Contrary), not to you.

I apologize for misunderstanding your post. In the past we (the Cache-cadians)have been known to banter and tease, especially if some of us are known to be out of town. I assumed (obviously incorrectly and not to be repeated) that this was the case.

Congratulations on your 100 FTF's.

I understand you will be going to Austria as well and will obtain a milestone. Congratulations in advance.

[GOOOOOSEAHAWKS]

Holmgren is leading yet another team to the Superbowl! :D

Oh dadgum, that's right another Wisconsin connection. Hmmmm I wonder if we will have the support of the Team Wheezer rootin and tootin for us. :D Oh yes I do reckin they will be in our territory about that time. I may have to put a hammer lock on someone just incase. Or better yet maybe they can cast a alienated forces spell on the opposition. :bad:

Keep your eyes peeled for the next Cache-cadian event.  We are aiming for mid-Feb with our very own Navigatorz and Mr. Gadget teaching us about paperless caching and projecting waypts. 

Any thoughts on the best day/time to do this?  We were looking at Sat Feb 18.

Sat the 18th in the evening works better for me.

QUOTE (g-people @ Jan 23 2006, 08:09 PM)

[GOOOOOSEAHAWKS]

I keep reading that as goose a hawks.... :lol:

Another topic I thought we could work on for the get together is using HTML in setting up a cache page. A lot of the cache pages have cool pics and fancy diagrams and I cant seem to figure out how to make them look sharp so we could hae somone who knows how to make good looking cache pages give a talk.

Maybe it would be best to save this one for another time. You need time to cover these topics and time to visit. So don't try to do them all in one sitting.

I think I am all booked up on that day and evening. Have fun though!

Hey Patudles. You are the WSGA rep for our area. You have to attend. See you there. Looking forward to hearing your discussion on html. :D

Or does booked up on that day and evening mean you will be out looking for caches while the rest of us are attending the event? :D

Naw, you all voted that one to be Robinego. :D

Hmmm, caching did someone say caching? B) I'm ready, where are we going? No, I have tickets to a program going on at the high school that night. A comedian at that. You'd think y'all have me rolling on the floor laughing enough that I wouldn't have to pay for laughs wouldn't ya. :ph34r:

Mr. Gadget are you committed to talking about projecting waypts at the event? And Nav has agreed to talk about gsak/paperless. Any takers on html or shall we table that for next time as Patudle's suggested? The library has space for us so we can schedule around their hours......y'all hash it out and let me know!

Yes TEam Wheezer will root for the Hawks when the Packers aren't playing. Poor packers. Oh well. BTW lookout for them as old geezer wheezer will be arriving Feb 1!!!!