No Admin

bYou see, we should just check a box saying we read the guidelines. We should take responsibilty for our caches. The admin seem to make up silly rules and excuses like, "I wouldn't like that spot"

I'm thinking that if everyone actually read and FOLLOWED the guidelines, then the cache approvers would be out a job and you would have your wish. I'm sure if GC.com just posted every cache that was submitted, there wouldnt be any old sneaker caches, telephone pole virtuals, caches in the middle of active railroad tracks, or anything like that, because everyone read the guidelines.

Boy, it sure would be hard to get a cache approved without someone to do it. :P

You see, we should just check a box saying we read the guidelines. We should take responsibilty for our caches. The admin seem to make up silly rules and excuses like, "I wouldn't like that spot"

Umm... never mind. I think your post speaks for itself.

I absolutely agree!!

What are those stupid approvers thinking, rejecting fine caches like the rotting bird carcass virtual???

That was supposed to be a virtual? EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No wonder I couldn't get the log out of it!

errrrrrrrrrrrrr, ummmmmmm............ :P geoCaching :P

upinyachit wrote:

You got a long time post of mine closed.

If you're referring to the Any Funny Jokes?????? thread, don't blame that one on me -- I didn't close it.

The fact of the matter is that I suggested the thread be deleted because it had nothing to do with caching (it was tongue-in-cheek based on the other forum happenings at the time), but I certainly did not ask that the thread be closed or locked -- the moderator took it upon himself to do that.

Why is everyone always complaining about the mods. I know on the Tampa Bay message board there was one single moderator banned 255 people in one day. There is no telling how many the other mods banned. If you post off topic your post gets moved and you get banned. These people own this message board and they have the right to do what they want.

If you're referring to the Any Funny Jokes?????? thread, don't blame that one on me -- I didn't close it.

The fact of the matter is that I suggested the thread be deleted because it had nothing to do with caching (it was tongue-in-cheek based on the other forum happenings at the time), but I certainly did not ask that the thread be closed or locked -- the moderator took it upon himself to do that.

Jomarac5

I fully understand what you are saying, and I agree it was the MODERATOR.

I have a couple of good short clean jokes I would like to tell now though.

Maybe If I asked nice, they will unlock the thread.........LOL

:P:P

Why is everyone always complaining about the mods.  I know on the Tampa Bay  message board there was one single moderator banned 255 people in one day.  There is no telling how many the other mods banned.  If you post off topic your post gets moved and you get banned.  These people own this message board and they have the right to do what they want.

:P Scary

Not!

Edited by compass_bearing_north
Why is everyone always complaining about the mods. I know on the Tampa Bay message board there was one single moderator banned 255 people in one day. There is no telling how many the other mods banned. If you post off topic your post gets moved and you get banned. These people own this message board and they have the right to do what they want.

When I was a host for MSN, we could ban by ISP number. One night, I inadvertently banned the entire Eastern Seaboard by misplacing an "*" in a ban command. That took a few hours to get straightened out.

errrrrrrrr, ummmmmmmmmm........... :P geoCaching :P

You see, we should just check a box saying we read the guidelines. We should take responsibilty for our caches.

I'm guessing you started this thread after my recent denial of either your "World Class" moving cache or "Sleepy Hollow" virtual.

If you had actually read the guidelines as you say, you would have known that moving caches are not allowed. You also would have read the part that says, prior to considering a virtual cache, you must have given consideration to the question “why couldn't a microcache or multi-cache be placed there?” Physical caches have priority...

You also would have read "a cache has to be a specific distinct GPS target - not something large like a mountain top or a park" or a meadow.

Why do people check the box that says "Yes. I have read and understand the guidelines for listing a cache." when they really haven't read them?

just when it comes to computers

I'm definitely not your enemy and I'm sure not going to insult you, but since you mentioned you aren't very familiar with computers and you are relatively new to our grand sport may I offer a suggestion? I do so, not as an insult, but rather as a suggestion of something which I learned here when I was a newcomer to the sport. I noticed that you were fairly new to the boards and clicked on your profile to get an idea of who you were and where you were located. I think this is something that many persons do to get an idea of whom their fellow geocachers are and if they happen to be locals. Anyways, I noted that you logged your own cache as a find when leaving a TB. I think the general consensus is that in such an instance you should just post a note. Granted this isn't supposed to be a competitive sport, but it is a fairly establish thing that it's best to just post a note when visiting your own cache unless it's a extraordinary event, such as this cache of mine that I had to search-for, in order to claim ownership and properly hide and adopt:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=102271

Anyways, welcome to the sport/hobby and happy caching.

Anyways, I noted that you logged your own cache as a find when leaving a TB.

Ya know, I didn't even realize that I had done that......I'll get that taken care of. It's not about numbers of finds for me, it's just about the hunt. Don't care if I have 1 or 1000 finds, as long as I'm out looking. Thanks, us old timers need a bit of prompting once in a while, so poke us with a stick to make sure we're still alive!

errrrrrrr, ummmmmmmm............. :P geoCaching :P

Boy, it sure would be hard to get a cache approved without someone to do it. :rolleyes:

You see, we should just check a box saying we read the guidelines. We should take responsibilty for our caches. The admin seem to make up silly rules and excuses like, "I wouldn't like that spot"

Ha. If everyone who actually checked that box (and everyone does now) actually abided by them... sure... we wouldn't need admins.

You obviously have more faith in people's ability and willingness to FOLLOW the guidelines than you should have :unsure:

Without the "silly rules" geocaching probably would have been banned in many, many, places by now. I think the admins are not only a great idea, but absolutely necessary.

It's the sarcastic manner expressed in five of the six posts above that cause more disruption here than anything else.

Why don't you guys try having a dialogue instead of belittling people?

Sorry, joined this conversation late, but just had to respond to this one --

YES, what he said !

Ditto

I for one, am getting very tired of these whiners bashing the mods and admin!!

Heres my solution to the MAJOR problem!

Close and delete all the threads relating to this problem and BAN all the whiners from the site forever!!

ROTFLMAO!

:blink::rolleyes::bad::unsure:

Unbelievably, in comparison with the last several posts, this is completely OFF-TOPIC:

I went caching today, and logged 4 finds, one of them my very first FTF!!!!!!!!!!

Aren't ya all proud of me? See what can be accomplished if ya stay out of the forums?

Well, heck, I'm pretty proud of myself......really......I am.......oh, poo!

errrrrrrr, ummmmmmmm............... :rolleyes: geoCaching :unsure:

Its a new thread everyday by the same complainers. Can't these few whiners who are detracting from geocaching.com be banned for good? They never have any positive suggestions. I need to stop reading the forums until the admin. do something to controll the situation. I get irritated reading these few complainers same complaints everyday in a new thread. These people will never be happy no matter what the mods or admin does. I still think 99% of geocachers are more than happy with the way things are run. Keep up the great work Jeremy and crew.

For the record, I support the archiving of moving caches and virtual views of meadows.

Also, I wish to note that, where I work, the janitorial staff turns on the lights before I arrive in the morning at my office with its 20 foot wide by 10 foot high window view of the city skyline, where I sip on the coffee which the staff so kindly brews up for me.

Also, I wish to note that, where I work, the janitorial staff turns on the lights before I arrive in the morning at my office with its 20 foot wide by 10 foot high window view of the city skyline, where I sip on the coffee which the staff so kindly brews up for me.

We don't have windows like that inside the cleanroom, however I do have a cache hidden on the corner of the site and another right across the street (0.7 miles south, but still across the street and across from my place of work)

I can go up to the top floor and have a great view of the annual Baloon Fiesta in October. One of my caches is really close to there also.

wonder how many of these whiners have a position of power in there work place?

My workplace is my home, and I'm ashamed to say, the position of power goes to my wife....but she always buys me the toys I want for the business! Tonight I got a 6" Delta Variable Speed Jointer! Last week I got a home weather station that plugs into my computer and records and graphs all kinds of neat weather information. Well, no, that doesn't have anything to do with my business, but it sure is cool!

But, I digress.......errrrrrrr, ummmmmmm........... :unsure: geoCaching :rolleyes:

For the record, I support the archiving of moving caches and virtual views of meadows.

:unsure:

I don't know what to say. I held you in such high regard but now? Oh dear... :blink:

I'll keep the moving ones.... finding White Elephant is quite fun, though I only plan to find it the one time. Kinda fun to watch it travel and see who finds it next. The recent history behind it and Last Lap Gang giving out the wrong info, sending Dam Trolls all over the planet looking for it was kinda funny... but only cuz it didn't happen to me!

Virts on the other hand, is a whole other discussion for a whole other long-winded thread. :rolleyes: