Personnal Stamps

Criminal

We have two stamps, one is a shamrock and one is a little elf. We stamp each logbook with a green-ink stamp pad. It is part of a much more elaborate logging ritual.

And at some point, I might edit this message to show a sample.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Next time, instead of getting married, I think I'll just find a woman I don't like and buy her a house.

We stamp our letterbox stamp in geocache logbooks as well. Mine is a crawfish, his is a shark - we use a red ink pad.

I've seen several other cachers in this area using either stamps, stickers, printed labels, or paper punches as signatures in the logbook. I think this makes it a lot more interesting when flipping thru the books, especially for those with short attention spans.

Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination. - Roy M. Goodman

My avatar is the jpg. that I sent to stampman to have my stamp made up. 2 inch round , self inking. Been using it for over a year now, & still going strong. Ordered it at the same time I got my wheresgeorge.com stamp. Even came with a little bottle of ink to reapply as needed. 2" dia. by about 4 1/2" long, so a little bulky to carry in a pocket, but sits just fine in the backpack. Use it in the log book of every cache I visit, & stamp the front of the logbook for every cache I place.

"Gimpy"

We have a stamp that's similar to the little guy at the bottom of my posts (but drawn better, because I did the one you see here but Warm did the artwork for the stamp.)

In the true letterboxer spirit, we carved the stamp from a piece of rubber and mounted it on a custom-fit chunk of knotty pine. In the true geocacher spirit, though, we used some power tools.

warm.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Warm Fuzzies - Fuzzy:

We have a stamp that's similar to the little guy at the bottom of my posts (but drawn better, because I did the one you see here but Warm did the artwork for the stamp.)

In the true letterboxer spirit, we carved the stamp from a piece of rubber and mounted it on a custom-fit chunk of knotty pine. In the true geocacher spirit, though, we used some power tools.

http://216.202.195.127/warm.gif

Ahhh so those are feet. I was wondering.. icon_biggrin.gif

We use a blue sailboat because it relates well to our last name....and it was the only one I had. I would like to use a camera but I can't seem to find a stamp store. Didn't there used to be lots of them around? Anyway if you know where I can get one let me know.

TY.

Wow - seems that the stamps are a popular thing, eh? All I've got is my wheresgeorge stamp... which I actually don't use much anymore. I should probably drop that in a cache some day if I can figure out where it is. But I didn't really think about having a signature stamp for logs. Probably because I've only found a few dozen caches. I wouldn't mind having a menacing toe stamper. icon_smile.gif

flag.gif

Click to view the ToeCam

quote:
Originally posted by Criminal:

RT, you only need a stamp pad, just ink up your big toe and "stamp" the logbook right? Of course, you'll have to keep taking your shoe off.......

The first letterbox I found I didn't have a stamp with me, so I just used my thumbprint. I've only found a few letterboxes, but my thumbprint is my stamp of choice.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Snazz:

quote:

I'm thinking of having one made, I like round. Please post an example if you can.

I've been thinking of doing the same, if you do get one made, let us know the details icon_wink.gif Who you went with, the cost, the result.

Thanks!

Go up about 5ive posts, the link is the one i'll go with unless i hear of a better one

Not to get commercial or anything, but I can make stamps. I can laser whatever image you can come up with--within reason--for a nominal cost for materials and what-not. It'd be just the stamp itself, not mounted, to save shipping. This way I just drop it in an envelope and send it on it's way--you mount it yourself.

Let me know if you're interested.

CR

72057_2000.gif

quote:

RT, you only need a stamp pad, just ink up your big toe and "stamp" the logbook right? Of course, you'll have to keep taking your shoe off.......

*lol* I picture everyone holding the log book with only the tips of their fingers once they know that I've had my toes on it. icon_razz.gif

That's a pretty good idea though, really... hehe

flag.gif

Click to view the ToeCam

We bought a paw (cat paw) for our cache stamp, and use a purple marker instead of an inkpad. Just recently, though, we found a really nifty cat face, and a smaller pawprint, so we use the cat face, and one pawprint for each person caching with us that day. Yeah, it is starting to take up a bit of room, and a bit more time, but the face has so much more personality!

I had my own custom stamp made by creating this image and taking a printout of it to my local rubber stamp store. They were able to turn that into a stamp in about a week and for about $15 or so. You can choose to have a self-inking stamp or a regular ol' stamp pad made. I went with the ordinary stamp type so that I could use waterproof green ink for stamping.

icon_geocachingwa.gif

I used COREL DRAW to create some vector artwork that has since been turned into my Avatar in this forum. After having read about logbook stamps in this forum, I reworked the logo into a B&W windows BMP file and gave it to Staples Office Supplies on a three and a half inch floppy diskette. After three minutes, they gave me back a self inking stamp that I've used on several cache finds since.

Problems to watch out for are to make sure the stamp and the logbook are clean of dust moisture before using. It is real easy to make an Ink Blot on the logbook if not done right.

quote:
I had my own custom stamp made by creating this image and taking a printout of it to my local rubber stamp store. They were able to turn that into a stamp in about a week and for about $15 or so. You can choose to have a self-inking stamp or a regular ol' stamp pad made. I went with the ordinary stamp type so that I could use waterproof green ink for stamping.

He's also made a stamp with the geocaching dude, superimposed on top of the state of WA. I picked it up in a sweet cache of his, and someday will begin using it. Kind of lazy when it comes to getting a stamp pad.

Thanks, I didn't mention the company because I'm less than thrilled with their customer service. They screwed it up the first time, clearly their fault, and when I contacted them to ask for the correction they acted like I was pissing in their cornflakes.

EDIT: BTW, it's really about an inch across, not huge like the pic.

I finally got around to making a scan of our stamp, so I thought I'd post it here so y'all have something to keep you laughing this Christmas season:

wf_stamp.jpgwf_stamp_color.jpg

(This is not to scale. The actual stamp is a bit bigger, unless you have a huge monitor.) What you can't see in this image is the mortise in the wood block that the stamp itself is set into; it was almost as much work to get right as the stamp itself.

warm.gif

[This message was edited by Warm Fuzzies - Fuzzy on December 23, 2002 at 06:50 PM.]

quote:

How many are using some sort of stamp or sticker as a way of logging in the logbook? What sort of info is on them?

I'm thinking of having one made, I like round. Please post an example if you can.

I figured Kablooey would have responded by now. He uses a stamp when he signs logbooks.

-------------------------------------

Becky Davis

San Jose, CA

How many geocachers can you fit into an ammo box?