Handguns in Caches

quote:
Originally posted by ChurchCampDave:

How about an UZI?

More beer cans, less time, no one gives you any hassle.

GDAE, Dave

Obvious to me you do not pay for your ammo, nor do you reload. Feeding an UZI is worse than feeding 3 kids. Well, maybe not.... but you get the idea!

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

quote:
Originally by OlyHippy:

I'm thinking of stocking my caches with some high-power handguns just in case a cache hunter wants to brush up on his/her marksmanships skills. Do you think this is a good idea?

icon_frown.gificon_eek.gificon_redface.gif

This will be the death of our sport! Just wait till the land managers find out about this plan, then we'll never be able to hide caches anywhere. icon_confused.gif

Bluespreacher icon_wink.gif

"We've got the hardware and the software, the plans and the maps ..." -- Citizen Wayne Kramer

I have no problem with the handguns in caches but I would worry about the legality of the transfer of ownership. That is assuming that these handguns were purchased legally and a permit was purchased for them. I could see where someone would get into trouble for leaving their handgun in a cache and someone else picked it up but didn't transfer the ownership on it and say.. shot someone. I would come back on the person who left it there. The solution for this problem would be to obtain handguns by illegal means for leaving in caches. Now any other handgun you own legally keep it that way but the ones for caches make sure you steal them from somone you don't know or make sure they are not registered. Now I also think its ok to have the ammo in caches just as long as its not in the same cache at the handgun is in. Store your ammo and guns seperate. Thats an important fact that we all need to remember while leaving these sorts of trade items. Tupperware is fine for ammo but come on people this is what ammo boxes are made for.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.