H*LL YEAH WE WILL GO, H*LL YEAH WE WILL GO!

opey one

Seems to me, there should be a geocachers union. That's right a UNION. I'm sure some will think of this as a touchy subject, but I am thinking along a sense of humor, so bear with me.

First of all, we are (in some way, shape or form) a union. We are a community that share many same values and we are seeking the main goal, whether in a roundabout way--The Cache! Some look for the find, some the hide, the hunt, interesting twists to it all- we ALL are alike!

We are similar in many facts:

We love geocaching and the fun that ensues

We all enjoy a great hunt

We all enjoy a great find

We all enjoy a great hide

We all have and have not enjoyed hides, hunts, finds that are meaningless, contain junk, are hid in poor judgement, etc.--- It's all part of the experience.

We all enjoy meeting great, interesting and sometimes strange or unique people in the pursuit of the above.

We all strive to make our community better, in many ways (Cache in , Trash out speaks volumes, as there are others - mentioned in the forums) that reflect on character, judgement, self esteem, morals, values ---I could go on and on.

*We all love the forums (don't lie and say you do not love forums or charges will be pending that consists of automatic suspension of your GPS for 30 days and a minimum of five working days without forum privileges). And I'm sure there are many others that I've missed.

This is one of few internet based "communities" (much compared by my peers - as another typical chat and log room, as I found myself quickly and verbally, maybe, in some cases physically informed them differently - All in fun (so don't get worked up out there).

And our union representative will be ??????? I got it.... How bout UMC? He has the most forum posts build up in a hurry, so it sounds like he has the biggest mouth to get the bulls**t across to Jeremy and administration the quickest. Just kidding (but he would make a good one, no doubt). UMC has been a good friend of mine here on the forums and he has really helped me out on many occasions, so I decided to pick on him a little. icon_razz.gif

We could touch on many topics (Are you listening, Jeremy??) Maybe I have created a monster, but I do enjoy it all and just had nothing better to do than, well, what I just did icon_smile.gif You all take it from here, and keep the fun going!!! P.S. To administration: That 5/5 Cache atop Mount St. Helens - should have at least a handrail along the tricky parts, jeez!! Let's go GCFW (Geocaching Federation of the World) Work with me on the Name--Sounds like some wrestling organization, but I'll leave it for now. Later!

*Geocaching constitution regards highly of forum posts...Ask UMC

quote:
Originally posted by opey one:

Seems to me, there should be a geocachers union. That's right a UNION. I'm sure some will think of this as a touchy subject, but I am thinking along a sense of humor, so bear with me.

Let's go GCFW (Geocaching Federation of the World) Work with me on the Name--Sounds like some wrestling organization, but I'll leave it for now. Later!

I'm workin', how about GOOFY ( Geocaching Org. OF Y'all ) ? Humor, ok, why was Minnie Mouse committed?

I didn't do it I swear.

Posting on the forums? I hate it. icon_wink.gif

Just so everyone knows Opey One is the Login I use when too drunk to post under this one. icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gif just kidding.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Coming Around, New Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

As far as my posting numbers, it seems like it has been taking me forever to get out of the 700s, now whats up with that. I must be getting old and slowing down.

______________________________________________________________________________________

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

As far as my posting numbers, it seems like it has been taking me forever to get out of the 700s, now whats up with that.

Keep making 2 posts in the same thread within 2 minutes of each other, instead of just editing and appending to what you just wrote, and you'll be there in no time. icon_wink.gif

With friends like you, who needs enemas?

quote:
Originally posted by brdad:

Keep making 2 posts in the same thread within 2 minutes of each other, instead of just editing and appending to what you just wrote, and you'll be there in no time. icon_wink.gif

_With friends like you, who needs enemas?_

Well, yeah that is my MO.

Most likely the "H*ll" is simply a poke at political correctness, and who the h*ll cares about THAT?

Now, back to the topic...

So when does the Geocaching magazine hit the stands? I can just see the throngs lining up at the magazine rack at Safeway, and having it turn ugly when someone grabs the last issue and runs for the checkout stand.

I can't wait.

Um, honey, did you mark a waypoint for the car?

quote:
Originally posted by T & G's Adventures:

So when does the Geocaching magazine hit the stands?

I'm waiting for the "Girls of Geocaching" issue myself. Maybe Angele's sister could be the cover girl.

magazine.jpg

9 out of 10 men who try Camels prefer women.

[This message was edited by brdad on November 02, 2002 at 06:13 AM.]

[This message was edited by brdad on November 02, 2002 at 06:14 AM.]

First off who is going to pay a Cacher to hunt. And pay them at outrageous rates. Second who will be the cache assistant. Union personel will have to have someone bend over and retrieve the cache. Then you will have to a Cache Opener, then it will have to go the the bargain table as to wheather a trade or a TNLN is done. And after that you will have to have a secretary to post your log for you. And don't forget the guide to get you back to your Chaufered "Union Made Vehicle"

Its more fun being non-union and do what you like to do as an individual not as a voting member of the rank and file.

Tahosa - Dweller of the moutain tops.

quote:

Most likely the "H*ll" is simply a poke at political correctness, and who the h*ll cares about THAT?

Now, back to the topic...

So when does the Geocaching magazine hit the stands? I can just see the throngs lining up at the magazine rack at Safeway, and having it turn ugly when someone grabs the last issue and runs for the checkout stand.

I can't wait.

If there were a Geocaching magazine, would we really want it to be as simple as walking down to the Safeway and picking it up? No, I think that there should be stacks of 'em randomly placed in areas all over the US. Then, of course, the coordinates would be posted here for the various locations, and we then have to go hunt them out.

brdad,

The lady on the cover of your mag. gets my vote. She's VERY cute. I'm sure she already knows what. icon_wink.gif

I noticed another lady geocacher who could also make the the list of "Lady's of Geocaching". icon_biggrin.gif

I do not know her. Her cacheing name is, "tomeboy", I beleive. She can very easily make the list. icon_wink.gif

You just might be on to something here. icon_eek.gif I'll keep my good eye open for other "Lady's of Geocaching".

ArchieDH

(way down south)

ps.. I hope the ladies will take all this as a compliment, as it was intended. icon_smile.gif

[This message was edited by ArchieDH on November 02, 2002 at 11:56 AM.]

I see the magazine is taking shape.

There will HAVE to be a 'lonely hearts' section where non-partnered Geocachers go to try to hook up with other non-partnered Geocachers.

Maybe a 'win-a-date' monthly contest where celebrity Geocachers offer themselves up as prizes. Uh, there MUST be some celebrity cachers out there, musn't there?

How about pictures of the best Geocaching tatoos?

And a section on where to buy your Geocaching piercing paraphernalia

And of course, the customary 'letters to the editor' section where readers can write in and ***** about all this!

And the previous poster (whose name I forgot already due to my brain being too full of coordinates) is right about not simply stacking the magazines up at Safeway. Locating them as caches sounds good. But then, how do you meet Geocachers of the opposite sex like that? But then again, who cares - right? We're looking for caches, not companionship...

Oh, and last but not least, the special plastic covered issue with a CD enclosed with the 'best of' pictures that have come out of 'cache cameras' nationwide (including the special Adults Only folder where you have to prove your age by answering inane questions about stuff that happened 30+ years ago in order to gain access).

Have we forgotten anything?

quote:

I see the magazine is taking shape.

There will HAVE to be a 'lonely hearts' section where non-partnered Geocachers go to try to hook up with other non-partnered Geocachers.

Maybe a 'win-a-date' monthly contest where celebrity Geocachers offer themselves up as prizes. Uh, there MUST be some celebrity cachers out there, musn't there?

How about pictures of the best Geocaching tatoos?

And a section on where to buy your Geocaching piercing paraphernalia

And of course, the customary 'letters to the editor' section where readers can write in and ***** about all this!

And the previous poster (whose name I forgot already due to my brain being too full of coordinates) is right about not simply stacking the magazines up at Safeway. Locating them as caches sounds good. But then, how do you meet Geocachers of the opposite sex like that? But then again, who cares - right? We're looking for caches, not companionship...

Oh, and last but not least, the special plastic covered issue with a CD enclosed with the 'best of' pictures that have come out of 'cache cameras' nationwide (including the special Adults Only folder where you have to prove your age by answering inane questions about stuff that happened 30+ years ago in order to gain access).

Have we forgotten anything?

I am thinking that we need to do a article on "The making of the Girls of Geocaching." Show some of the runnerups. and maybe a GeoBabe of the month in the center. Those of us from #geocache nominate BeckerBuns

Lapaglia icon_cool.gif

Muga Muchu (forget yourself, focus)

Regarding the "Girls of Geocaching" issue of the magazine icon_wink.gif , I thought some of you might be interested in what "Angele's sister" is up to these days.

Her name is Rosie and she is an Army journalist in the XVIII Airborne Corps. Right now she is serving our country very much in harm's way as her job requires her to get in the middle of the action and take photographs. You can see two of her photos here and here, giving you a pretty good idea of the kind of action she's involved in (btw, I imagine she was annoyed to be identified as a Marine in those credits). One of her photos was chosen as Fox News' photo of the week.

Finally, here's a photo of Rosie (she's the one on the left) that might be a better choice for the Girls of Geocaching issue.

rosie.jpg

You might say a prayer tonight for the safety of our geocaching gal. Hats off to Rosie.

52813_3100.gif

[This message was edited by honeychile on March 31, 2003 at 03:07 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by honeychile:

Finally, here's a photo of Rosie (she's the one on the left) that might be a better choice for the Girls of Geocaching issue.

Ya gotta love a girl in camo...

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

Mmmmmm I love that outfit.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Snazz:

1) Unions are corrupt and suck big-time.

2) How is it any less offensive to say H*LL than HELL?

Don't have nothing to say about No 1.

But No. 2 comes from having sites change your words for you when you happen to say ***** about a topic or when you want to point out that someone is being an ***.

So you resort to funky typing to outmaneuover the sensor. Unfortunaly I can't keep track of what all will get edited.

Wherever you go there you are.

quote:
Originally posted by honeychile:

Regarding the "Girls of Geocaching" issue of the magazine icon_wink.gif , I thought some of you might be interested in what "Angele's sister" is up to these days.

Her name is Rosie and she is an Army journalist in the XVIII Airborne Corps. Right now she is serving our country very much in harm's way as her job requires her to get in the middle of the action and take photographs. You can see two of her photos giving you a pretty good idea of the kind of action she's involved in (btw, I imagine she was annoyed to be identified as a Marine in those credits). One of her photos was chosen as Fox News' photo of the week.

You might say a prayer tonight for the safety of our geocaching gal. Hats off to Rosie.

"Private First Class 'Rosie' you are the best! Keep your head down and the shutter loose!"

Prayers are absolutely in order here folks, it is a dangerous place to play.... and we ain't playin'....

Yup, a girl in camo with a gas mask on her thigh, does it get any better than that??? LOL.

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

Oh, yes. A union. Just what geocaching needs. Then I can pay money for the privilege of working and have TWO authorities standing over me, neither of which has my best interests at heart. Gosh, where do I sign up??

And what about a "Boys of Geocaching"? Let's objectify BOTH genders! We could have pictures of manly men straddling caches as they beefily clutch their GPS in one hand and a dead bear in the other. Waddya say, gals?

quote:
Originally posted by enfanta:

And what about a "Boys of Geocaching"? Let's objectify BOTH genders! We could have pictures of manly men straddling caches as they beefily clutch their GPS in one hand and a dead bear in the other. Waddya say, gals?

I think we already have something like that

61905_200.jpg

homer.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Snazz:

1) Unions are corrupt and suck big-time.

2) How is it any less offensive to say H*LL than HELL?

So you weren't lying when you told me you were basically just starting S#!t to get a rise outta me. I see you do that on other posts as well... icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

-Lets play global Thermonuclear war-