Top 10 Appovers. Final vote.

El Diablo

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

So much for my last ditch effort to go through the MiGO member list and email people for the vote. Our site is down. icon_frown.gif

_http://www.mi-geocaching.org_

Caching with a clue....

Probably a conspiracy! We can start a topic on it later.

Meanwhile...30 minutes left to vote.

El Diablo

Everything you do in life...will impact someone,for better or for worse.

http://www.geo-hikingstick.com

The voting is over. The winners are...

1st place...9key

2nd place...umc. I still haven't figured out how this happened! icon_rolleyes.gif

3rd place was Honeychile...very close on umc's heels. Many of those that voted commented on her poem but went with their local approver. I know her personally and think she is an out standing person. So if no one has an objection (not that I care) She will also recieve a staff.

The other Approvers that made the top 10 list and didn't win...I offer you a staff at half price. I know it's not much, but it's my small way of saying thanks for a job well done! From the votes I got for all of you, they all echoed the same message...you are the greatest!

El Diablo

quote:
Originally posted by El Diablo:

2nd place...umc. I still haven't figured out how this happened! icon_rolleyes.gif

Hey, hey, hey.

WoW, I'm surprised too. Way to go everyone and thanks to all those who voted for me. Thanks El Diablo for doing this for us, it was a lot of fun. I will get with you via email about the MiGO logo and name for the staff and work out those details there.

Thanks again everyone. icon_smile.gif

MiGO

Caching with a clue....

First I'd like to say, Thanks El Diablo!! You're a great guy for doing all that you do for the caching community. It's too bad you're not from around here, I'd like to meet you sometime.

Second... thank you umc! You're not just a great approver, you're also a great guy. Especially after getting the opportunity to camp with you, I consider you a friend. I'll admit, at first I wasn't really sure if you liked me... that umc brand of humor, you know? (LOL, I hope...) But you're a ton of fun, and if all geocaching communities had a guy like you in them, they'd benefit greatly from your kindness, generosity, acceptance of others, and like I mentioned before, your sense of humor. Thanks again.

-Zach

-Team Zen-

quote:

I can see that some of the Approvers are being intimidated by the thought of an essay. Since there will be 2 winners...how about we split it up?

One winner for the best serious essay, and one winner for the funniest essay.

So pardon me for asking a stupid question, but which one was the "serious" essay... 9Key or umc? Congrats to both of them.

|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|

Keystone Approver, Geocaching.com Admin

"Eschewing Entropy and Ensuring Enthalpy in the Groundspeak Forums"

Thats a good question Key. Depends on how you read it I guess. They are both serious and funny at the same time.

I might also note that when Iposed the question of making it two different types of essays, I never got a reply as to what the group wanted.

El Diablo

[This message was edited by El Diablo on November 02, 2003 at 04:46 PM.]

Let me just say how much we truly appreciate 9key down here in Texas too. He would gladly drive all day to come to any Texas region's event and even many not even in Texas. He brings humor and some major consistency to geocaching in his approving and for that I thank him. He's always open for ideas and the first to help you out if you have a question or issue related to geocaching. Thanks again El Diablo and all other approvers out there.

icon_biggrin.gif

Hurray for Honeychile! You're tops with us!

Janine

The Geocaching Hampton Roads VA group

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Geocaching-HamptonRoadsVA/join

"You have brains in your head; You have feet in your shoes.

You can steer yourself any direction you choose.

You're on your own. And you know what you know.

And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...."

Dr. Seuss

* While I voted for myself 'cause its silly not to ~ I think mtn-man's essay was the best.

* A huge thanks to everyone that voted for me!

I will be donating the hiking stick for use as a raffle prize at our statewide event in the spring.

*Thanks to pnew for the kind words!

quote:
He would gladly drive all day to come to any Texas region's event and even many not even in Texas
I'll have to pay the piper when the lease is up on my truck. icon_eek.gif D'oh!

-------

~ Texas Geocaching ~ Geocaching Icons - The Selector ~

quote:

The other Approvers that made the top 10 list and didn't win...I offer you a staff at half price. I know it's not much, but it's my small way of saying thanks for a job well done! From the votes I got for all of you, they all echoed the same message...you are the greatest!

El Diablo

[url=http://www.geo-hikingstick.com

]

Those 20 or so of us that didnt make the first cut, we still have to pay double. Right?

Social Secretary to the QOFE

tongue.gif The Frog is my friend big_smile.gif

[This message was edited by CO Admin on November 03, 2003 at 06:48 AM.]

Congrats to the winners! I'm especially glad that Honeychile will get a staff too, since I really liked the poem (which was why I voted for her on the second round). Good job!

Thanks El Diablo for another fun contest. These really bring something extra to the hobby!

- I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory. -