How Obsessed Are You?

The Weasel

Ok, lets see how obsessed we all are when it comes to geocaching. What is the farthest and craziest thing you have done, bought, or plan on doing to show your support to geocaching. Have you....

1) Personalized "geocaching" plates. (Different ways of spelling it)

2) A geocaching Tattoo.

3) Geocaching clothing.

4) Naming a pet or child after caching.

5) Cahnged you name legally to "Geo" or something to that effect.

6) A geocache style wedding.

Whatever weird and wacky thing you have done, lets hear about them!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

I tripled my gas bill and bought an SUV. As a result I get thank you letters from Arab Terrorists.

hehe... I'm going to take this opportunity to state my opinion. icon_biggrin.gif My guess is that, if you add up ALL the oil consumed by the united states, to provide services to the citizens, for things such as power generation, freight for shipping product, etc. and then divide that amongst citizens, and add in each person's gas usage, the extra fuel used by SUV owners might end up being quite insignificant.

I personally don't appreciate the commercials labeling me as a supporter of terrorism simply because I drive a Ford Bronco. If that logic is to be believed, then it has to be extendable to all oil usage, which makes our entire country, each and every one of us, financial supporters of terrorism. Except for those of us who always ride bikes, and eat only food grown on our own farms, and use no electricity or only non-oil electricity.

quote:
Originally posted by The Weasel:

Ok, lets see how obsessed we all are when it comes to geocaching. What is the farthest and craziest thing you have done, bought, or plan on doing to show your support to geocaching. Have you....

6) A geocache style wedding.

My partner and I (we both geocache) will be getting married at the end of May. While the ceremony will be traditional, there will be a nearby cache or two made available shortly before the big date.

Ron/yumitori

Running out at lunch to find caches, heading out pre-sunrise on weekends to hunt caches and still get back home for the kids activities, and a dozen ammo cans in various stages of painting in the basement.

I've only been doing this for a month or so and have logged 57 finds....

Doc....could I be obsessed? (at least it's a relatively healthy obsession!)

Checking email and hoping you have new log notifications in there, or going home for lunch just to check the geocaching site for any new caches that might have shown up! My wife gets frustrated with me sometimes when we are driving and I spot a location that might support a cache of some what and I pull over to Investigate! And yes, I have various containers in all state of being readied for geocaching!How about being late for your family's get together because you went geocaching and show up muddy and scratched to pieces from the briars here!

Darkmoon icon_biggrin.gif

All you have to do to fly is throw yourself at the ground and miss!

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Snazz:

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

I tripled my gas bill and bought an SUV. As a result I get thank you letters from Arab Terrorists.

hehe... I'm going to take this opportunity to state my opinion. icon_biggrin.gif My guess is that, if you add up ALL the oil consumed by the united states, to provide services to the citizens, for things such as power generation, freight for shipping product, etc. and then divide that amongst citizens, and add in each person's gas usage, the extra fuel used by SUV owners might end up being quite insignificant.

I personally don't appreciate the commercials labeling me as a supporter of terrorism simply because I drive a Ford Bronco. If that logic is to be believed, then it has to be extendable to all oil usage, which makes our entire country, each and every one of us, financial supporters of terrorism. Except for those of us who always ride bikes, and eat only food grown on our own farms, and use no electricity or only non-oil electricity.

I love people that want to blame SUVs for all the troubles in the world. I go each spring to buy a new quart of outboard oil for my sailboat outboard motor. One quart - six gallons of gas. I always go on Saturday, the power boaters are there buying one or two cases for their boats. I tell them I am buying all of my oil for the season, the best part?? I seldom use all six gallons, I have to burn the excess in my truck or lawn mower.

Most of our oil comes from South America, it is cheaper and closer than the middle east. Prices are high now because of the current strike down there.

At 14 mpg, my Ford Excursion gets better mileage than my friends Ford Mustang 5.0 liter. Of course the one I am comparing it to is owned by a 59 y/o leadfooted kid. icon_biggrin.gif

Mr. Snazz you are so right!

Mr. Knight - thank you from my family, I work for an oil company and it feeds my family. I am not an Arab or a terrorist.

Mice_in_Snake.jpg

Capn Skully

OK I grow most of my own food, and drive an old pickup, and have been labled a terrorist supporter because I have friends that smoke medical pot. icon_rolleyes.gif

Let's get off the political stuff, and back to the important stuff, CACHING.

The most obsessed caching thing I did was to be too far out when the sun went down, and ended up hiking out 3 or 4 miles in the dark. icon_eek.gif.some of it on my hands and knees so I could find the path.

The whole time I was not worried about breaking my fool neck, but I was really pissed because I didn't find the cache.

I did lots of singing in the dark, stuff like : Where in the World is Garmin San Diego, and Where or Where Can my Little Cache Be? icon_redface.gif

Haicoole

I've been caching one year and two days and I think the obsession stats speak for themsleves

781 found, 161 hidden, and closing in on 1600 logs on the new forum.

I'm planning this weekends mountain bike ride around which trails are closest to the most caches.

george

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

Just so that you are all aware. Some people checked into those commercials, and it seems that every single person involved in the making of those commercials, INCLUDING the money man, ALL OWN SUVs!!! This information was buried under the rug, but it is now known to be TRUE! Two of the people own Ford Excursions! And to top it all off, the money man own approximately 36 vehicles, 3 of which are SUVs! I will try to locate the write up done in our newspaper and get it here.

Supporting terrorists, Bulls**t! I have 4 kids! icon_rolleyes.gif

I can go anywhere!! ... (if my wife lets me)