Lets see who has bought the most GPS units ??

To Date, I have bought:

Magellan: 4000XL , GPS315 , Platinum

Garmin: III, III+, V, V, eMap, Vista

That was nine total GPS units, that I bought.

I still have: III, V, V, Platinum, and the GPS315

I tried a Magellan ColorTrak GPS unit but retured it, because it was junk(Bad case design(broken))

--------------------------------------------------

My Old posts as Geoffrey

My Current Post as GOT GPS?

My profile

My Home Page about what is GPS

Garmin 38 - Sold with boat

Garmin 128 - Sold on ebay

Garmin Mariner (Venture) - Sold to Brother-in-law

Garmin Camo - given to a deer hunting dad

Garmin Legend - still own

Garmin GPSmap 162 - Mounted on my boat

I am purchasing an eTrex Summit or Vista on Monday.

Ducks - Flying, great tasting, geocaches of meat

Guys/Gals:

Why multiple of the same unit? For you and your spouse? And why not sell the units?

I'm hoping you don't all have all those GPS units lying around - someone will buy your leftovers on eBay and probably for more then you think - eBay makes people stupid!

I'm glad I'm not the "worst offender" here. icon_smile.gif

- Magellan MAP 410, my first GPS. Mapping, no WAAS, eats batteries like crazy. Still works.

- Magellan Meridian (mine, perhaps soon to be my daughter's)

- Magellan Meridian (spouses)

- Navitrak DNA.

- Magellan Meridian Platinum (my newest toy) - loaded with the Marine basemap, so it's a MeriMariPlati?

http://www.tampabaygeocaching.com

quote:
Originally posted by DavidL:

Guys/Gals:

Why multiple of the same unit? For you and your spouse? And why not sell the units?

Lot's of reasons. When I take friends along geocaching who don't have GPS's, they can borrow my extra gps. Also, I can use the second GPS as a "slave" if you will. I can use it normally without the worry of it getting scratched or beaten.

Using Opera 7.1

quote:
Originally posted by GOT GPS?:

To Date, I have bought:

Magellan: 4000XL , GPS315 , Platinum

Garmin: III, III+, V, V, eMap, Vista

That was nine total GPS units, that I bought.

I still have: III, V, V, Platinum, and the GPS315

I tried a Magellan ColorTrak GPS unit but retured it, because it was junk(Bad case design(broken))

I'm thinking you can take the Question mark off your moniker by now.

Between my father and I, we purchased 10 meridians for xmas last year, 5 yellow and 5 greens as gifts to family in Mexico. They found great uses for them out in the ranch and mountains. I currently own a meri yellow with a 512mb sd card and my baby map330 which I trust the most for its reliability. I also had a garmin gps 12, which was great, and also a garmin 2 plus I believe? Then the gps companion for the visor was good too. Those 3 are gone. Only m330 and meridian left. So could you say 15? Or just 2 since 10 were gifts and 3 were sold.? Either way I’m happy with my inventory!

ValenRandy

I should outsource my GPS compatibility testing to some of you! Here's my life-list of GPS units. I still have all of them except the Garmin 12, Magellan 315, and one of the Ventures. The Venture stays on my mountain bike. The Rinos get used more as radios than as GPS receivers. I use the 76 as my all-purpose GPS. Most of the rest never leave the office.

Garmin GPS 38

Garmin GPS 12

Garmin eTrex

Garmin eTrex Venture (two)

Garmin Rino 110 (two)

Garmin GPS 76

Magellan Pioneer

Magellan 315

Magellan Meridian GPS

Lowrance GM-100

Lowrance iFinder

Brunton MNS

EPSON CF card

NAVMAN sleeve for iPaq

--

Dan Foster

TopoGrafix: GPS Software, Waypoints, and Maps

http://www.topografix.com/

quote:
Originally posted by DavidL:

Guys/Gals:

I'm hoping you don't all have all those GPS units lying around - someone will buy your leftovers on eBay and probably for more then you think - eBay makes people stupid!

The two GPS V's are my most important ones, and I can use both of these with my laptop, as I did on my Lakeland Florida trip (July 19-26). I had the memory of the new GPS V crammed with all the Auto-Routing map data that I could get in it for the Driving part. My old GPS V I had all the map data that I could get in it, without the Autorouting data, and this made room for the Airports on the old GPS V. I used the old GPS V for my running, and flying. With my Laptop, I downloaded data from each GPS during the trip, but also could have changed the loaded maps at any time.

I was planning on doing Battery, and Accuracy expiriments with all the GPS units, but I could get rid of the old GPS III, and the Magellans, because of their poor tracklogging, and lack of a good Trip computer page, like the Garmins have. The Platinum is neat, but I find that I can get by with just the two GPS V's.

My sister had the III, lost my 4000XL, but has my Vista. The eMap was a Gift to my dad. The IIIplus was loaned to a friend.

My Old posts as Geoffrey

My profile

when you say flying, are you actually navigating off your GPS V while you fly the plane, or do you mean looking at the screen when flying commercial? I ask because a dedicated GIII pilot (same case) is the same price as a V and does an infinitely better job in an aircraft since it has every airport, navaid and intersection available. Soon to be my next purchase, instead of loading 500 airports into my V, I can just use the 20000 already loaded in the dadgum II pilot, and as mentioned, navaids galore...the jeppessen database is pretty intensive.

Used the GPS V on South West Airlines, and a Platinum. I had maps of the airports on the GPS V, but of course I couldn't put Navaids on the GPS, that would be neat if I could. I would like to get back to flying, but don't have the money or energy to do the lessons right now.

My Old posts as Geoffrey

My profile

Actually you CAN put navaids, as well as any airport or the like, eithere within a specified distance from a reference station, or along a route, or radius from several stations, email me at afmeroth@yahoo.com if you need any help with this. I loaded every airport and naviad within 475 miles of my air base within 10 minutes into my vista, like almost 900 waypoints!!

http://131.238.38.204/~sarangan/aviation/garmin/index.html

I started with the Magellan 4000xl around 5 years ago. Used the crap out of it and finally upgraded last year to the Magellan yellow. Works awesome for cacheing, fishing and boating around the Channel Islands. 2 in 6 years and both Magellan, I hate the french, but they make a decent GPS.

Any belief worth having must survive doubt.

Seeing some of the numbers I have seen posted, I am pretty sure mine is not in the "unusually high" category. (Although BD would differ with that opinion).

2 GPS III+

1 GPS V

3 eTrex Yellows

Understand however, 5 people in the house Geocache to some degree.Also, I got the eTrexs when Walmart had them for $50 a couple of months ago.